Game: Final Fantasy II
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Main Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

I'm on a FFII streak, can you tell?

I tried using slurs for this piece, but I'm not the best with them, so please let me know how to improve them.

Static

Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 23, 2019, 03:36:19 PMI'm on a FFII streak, can you tell?
I'm glad someone is doing it. I know I wouldn't, but that's more of my distaste for the game than the soundtrack itself... The music is still very nice.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 23, 2019, 03:36:19 PMI tried using slurs for this piece, but I'm not the best with them, so please let me know how to improve them.
OK, let's see...
  • m5-6 & 13-14: I would include m5 and 13 in these slurs here (the entire measure, or at least the 3 8th notes). Those two pairs of measures are both a single phrase.
  • m15: It's fine to have slurs start/end on the same note, but I would flip one of them downward. In this case though, I think it might be better to combine both those slurs into one big one.

Some other stuff:
I actually don't have any other stuff, it looks and sounds good.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Static on November 24, 2019, 02:21:34 PMm5-6 & 13-14: I would include m5 and 13 in these slurs here (the entire measure, or at least the 3 8th notes). Those two pairs of measures are both a single phrase.
Fixed.

Quote from: Static on November 24, 2019, 02:21:34 PMm15: It's fine to have slurs start/end on the same note, but I would flip one of them downward. In this case though, I think it might be better to combine both those slurs into one big one
Well, the two phrases do seem somewhat disconnected, so I'll move the end of the previous slur to the note preceding it.

Static

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot