News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

[NES] Final Fantasy II - "Town" by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, November 23, 2019, 03:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy II
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Town
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

No joke, this has to be one of the prettiest pieces of music I've ever listened to.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 23, 2019, 03:36:19 PMI tried using slurs for this piece, but I'm not the best with them, so please let me know how to improve them.

Libera

Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 23, 2019, 03:38:53 PMNo joke, this has to be one of the prettiest pieces of music I've ever listened to.

This is in fact very nice and peaceful.  Good pick!

Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 23, 2019, 03:38:53 PMI tried using slurs for this piece, but I'm not the best with them, so please let me know how to improve them.

My main suggestion would be to combine the slur at the end of 3 and the start of 4.  You could perhaps combine some other slurs elsewhere but this one in particular I'd strongly suggest doing.

Other than that, the notes/arrangement looks good; I've just got some visual things.

-When you use the dashed voice leading lines try to make sure you don't have a tiny bit of a dash left at the end of it.  Ideally all of the dashes should be full length if they appear.
-I think you could bring the staves closer together because you're currently on 1.15 which is quite large without there really being any need for it.  It also makes some of the cross staffed quavers' stems look comically large (which you could fix on it's own anyway.)
-Sometimes you cross staff to show the left hand should take the middle voice but there are some places where I can't see the right hand being able to do it but the second layer hasn't been cross staffed (bars 3, 7, 9, 13, 14 and 15).
-I'm not sure the 'a tempo' at the end is really necessary since I think the pause implies that, but it doesn't really matter if you want to keep it.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Libera on November 23, 2019, 04:09:08 PM-My main suggestion would be to combine the slur at the end of 3 and the start of 4.  You could perhaps combine some other slurs elsewhere but this one in particular I'd strongly suggest doing.
-I think you could bring the staves closer together because you're currently on 1.15 which is quite large without there really being any need for it.  It also makes some of the cross staffed quavers' stems look comically large (which you could fix on it's own anyway.)
-Sometimes you cross staff to show the left hand should take the middle voice but there are some places where I can't see the right hand being able to do it but the second layer hasn't been cross staffed (bars 3, 7, 9, 13, 14 and 15).
Fixed

Quote from: Libera on November 23, 2019, 04:09:08 PM-When you use the dashed voice leading lines try to make sure you don't have a tiny bit of a dash left at the end of it.  Ideally all of the dashes should be full length if they appear.
Ended up not needing them because of your cross-staffing suggestion lol

Quote from: Libera on November 23, 2019, 04:09:08 PM-I'm not sure the 'a tempo' at the end is really necessary since I think the pause implies that, but it doesn't really matter if you want to keep it.
Eh, I like it, so I'll keep it in.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on November 23, 2019, 04:09:08 PM-I'm not sure the 'a tempo' at the end is really necessary since I think the pause implies that, but it doesn't really matter if you want to keep it.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 04, 2019, 03:51:02 PMEh, I like it, so I'll keep it in.

You really can't argue with a point like that, I guess...
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Looks great, just a few small things:
- I'd highly recommend moving m. 4 to the second system to even out the music a bit more.
- Last grace note in m. 8 should be Db
- The cross-staff beam in m. 14 should angle downward slightly, not up
- Flip the slur at the end above the notes to match the contour leading into m. 1
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Latios212

Awesome. Just one thing - for some reason there was extra space at the end of m. 8 after the grace notes. I've fixed the files to remove it.

All good now! Happy to get this one in, it's a nice piece.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot