Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Star Wolf
Instrumentation Two Pianos
Arranger: amc

[attachment deleted by admin]

amc

Dropped my phone in McDonald's sprite and that mf started charging

Dekkadeci

I'm generally not brave enough to do piano duo transcriptions, and you've done a decent job here!

I hear some discrepancies between the video and your transcription, though:
  • Flute accompaniment in the same rhythm as the right hand of Piano I of Bars 11-14 appears in those bars; it would be great if Piano I reflected this.
  • The "E flat power" chord in Beat 3 of Bar 10 of the right hand of Piano I doesn't sound rich enough to be a match for the original's version. I think I hear the C above Middle C in that chord in the original, for starters.
  • I'd double-check whether those chords in the right hand of Piano II of Bars 27-34 should really be power chords or can have middle notes filled in; in the original, I definitely hear the G above Middle C at the start of Bar 29, the B above Middle C at the start of Bar 30, and the F above Middle C in all right-hand Piano II chords in Bar 32, for example.
  • The melody excerpt from the left hand of Piano I of Bar 37 reappears in Bar 45 of the original and has a continuation into Bar 46 in the original, yet your transcription doesn't include this.

amc

Dekkadeci

Good job on the fixes!

Might have missed a couple of these discrepancies from last time, though the first one on this list is new:
  • You got the flute accompaniment rhythm correct in the right hand of Piano I of Bars 11-14, but I'm not hearing the topmost notes in the original that you've got in your sheet music. The topmost flute notes I hear are all C's in Bar 11 (I think they correspond to F minor chords), C-C-C C-C-C B flat-B flat-B flat in Bar 12 (I think they correspond to C minor chords, then E flat major chords at the topmost note change), all A flats in Bar 13 (I'm actually not completely sure what they correspond to), and E flats in Bar 14.
  • The first Piano II right hand melody note in Bar 23 should be a quarter note that starts on Beat 2 instead of your current 8th note that starts on Beat 2.5. You got that it's the B below Middle C correct, though.
  • The Bar 46 Piano I left hand melody is C#-B in the original instead of your E-A.

amc

Latios212

Good work, and sorry for the wait. Gave this a look over and it looks pretty solid - mostly just some comments about the bass.

- The opening bars of piano 1's part are pretty bombastic in the original but pretty sparse in the sheet. Could we add some more harmonies?
- It doesn't sound to me like the bass is alternating between F and Eb in m. 10 but rather G, C, and lower C in the 3-3-2 rhythm.
- Similarly, I'm hearing C Gb C for the bass in m. 14 instead of all Gb
- The bass steps down to A# in the second half of m. 18. In m. 19 it parallels the G#-Fx-G# line instead of the B-A#-B line. Similarly the bassline in m. 21-22 should be a third lower.
- Bass in m. 36 should be B
- I'm hearing F#-G-C instead of the D-Bb-Db you have for m. 47-48.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

amc

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on January 18, 2020, 06:27:47 PMThe opening bars of piano 1's part are pretty bombastic in the original but pretty sparse in the sheet. Could we add some more harmonies?
I say even more!

- There's enough space on the bottom of page 1 to move the systems down and/or farther apart.
- On the PDF, the ties in m27-28 (Piano II) aren't aligned properly (also m31-32 in both pianos).
- Anywhere that has 4 8th notes beamed together would probably look better in groups of 2, just to match the rest of the sheet. This is just my personal preference however, it's up to you whether you want to do that.

Looks fantastic otherwise! Just make these changes and we're all set.

amc

Updated. I think the issue with the ties was something to do with Finale v26, because I noticed there was an update available and it fixed all the ties.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot