Series: Other
Game: Ring Fit Adventure
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Title A
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: invy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Hi, welcome to NinSheetMusic! :) Great first submission, neat choice of song and a good job done overall.

One thing we need to go over is formatting - all the files (looking at the PDF right now) need to be exported from the Finale file. Looking at the .musx, there's missing staff braces, measure numbers, page numbers, URL, etc. We can go over all that later, though, if you need help.

Taking a quick look at the arrangement, one thing to think about is that right now there's a lack of the sustained bass voice in beat 1 of measures. The offbeat left hand notes are accurate and work well, but we could do something like this to give it some more depth while still being just as easy to play:

You cannot view this attachment.
(One other thing to consider with this sheet is beaming over rests so everything isn't so disconnected. This is especially apparent in places like m. 40.)

Another thing I noticed, at least in the beginning, is that the last note in the RH in each of the measures is marked staccato when it sounds sometimes they shouldn't be (C# could slur into the D).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

invy

Thanks for all the feedback! Looking at the files I submitted, I definitely just added the wrong versions, I have a different set of files exported from Finale with all the necessary formatting (I think). How would I go about updating my submitted files? I'm also implementing your suggested changes, but the left hand gets a bit messy since without the 8va bassa the extra whole notes end up going really low and with it the beams go too high. What format should i go with? Thanks again for the help! ^^

Edit: I just remembered that flipping beams is a thing, should I just do that?

Latios212

You can replace the files via the NSM Panel!

For the left hand, I would suggest removing the 8va bassa for the majority of the song as most of it isn't that low - a couple of ledger lines off the staff but the upper note is easily on the lower staff and it'll still be easy to read since it's just octaves.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

invy

Alrighty, I'm making the changes now and I have one last question, when the beam is too low for the enclosed rest to sit on the center of the staff, should all rests in the measure move down or should they stay in the middle when possible?

invy

Well in any case I've updated all the files with the suggested changes, hopefully the formatting is all fixed now! ^^

Latios212

Quote from: invy on December 15, 2019, 04:29:26 PMAlrighty, I'm making the changes now and I have one last question, when the beam is too low for the enclosed rest to sit on the center of the staff, should all rests in the measure move down or should they stay in the middle when possible?
They should be in their normal position if not pushed down by the beam. So yeah, the way you have it now :D

I don't have time to finish going through it right now unfortunately, but checking over the left hand m. 35 sounds like the it should be F# for the first two beats (instead of A). And the last 3 measures sound like Bb and Cn instead of G# and C#.

(Also do you by any chance have a non extended version of the audio? It's easier to skip around that way)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

invy

There isn't a regular length version on youtube unfortunately, in general there's not much coverage for the game online :/

I do have a direct file rip from the game though if you want that

I'll take a look at the measures you mentioned! Thanks for the feedback!

Latios212

Quote from: invy on December 17, 2019, 07:57:15 PMI do have a direct file rip from the game though if you want that
Oh yeah that's perfect actually haha

Some more comments:
- m. 15 RH should be an octave lower
- Some of the eighth note phrases (like in m. 14) don't have staccatos, but I think it may be worth considering them.
- The rhythm is off in m. 40-41 (RH strikes earlier than on beat 4)
- Not really sure about the dotted quarter D that's tied in the last measure. That note from the previous measure doesn't really sustain, and there are a couple of other parts you could write in here instead.
- Break up the half rest in m. 17 to eighth-quarter-eighth rests, and the quarter rest in m. 32 into two eighth rests.

One other thing to think about is your beaming strategy throughout the sheet. The left hand is super straightforward, but in the right hand you sometimes beam across beats, and sometimes not. Compare for instance m. 1 beats 3-4 vs. m. 27 beats 3-4. It's a bit inconsistent now and could be standardized a bit. Let me know if you need help or want suggestions for this.

There's also a few nitpicky formatting things but we can get to that later. The arrangement is looking good so far :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Hi, invy,

I went ahead and put the sheet into a template that's more up-to-date in terms of formatting, and addressed the following comments:

Quote from: Latios212 on December 19, 2019, 04:40:13 PM- m. 15 RH should be an octave lower
- The rhythm is off in m. 40-41 (RH strikes earlier than on beat 4)
- Not really sure about the dotted quarter D that's tied in the last measure. That note from the previous measure doesn't really sustain, and there are a couple of other parts you could write in here instead.
- Break up the half rest in m. 17 to eighth-quarter-eighth rests, and the quarter rest in m. 32 into two eighth rests.

The rest I can leave to you to take care of, but here's the updated files: Ring Fit Adventure - Title A.zip

Here's a template you can use from now on, so that the nitpicky formatting things will no longer concern you: NSM Template File (Notepad).mus

If I left anything out, feel free to ask!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

invy

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with Christmas vacation and all that stuff

Thanks for all the help guys! The only thing I noticed in LeviR's updated version is that there are staccatos on the last note of measures such as 1-8 again although we established earlier that they should kinda slur into the next measure, other than that it's good! I was trying to make use of that template originally but I must have messed up in a few places when adapting it from musescore, hopefully it'll go more smoothly next time. I've updated the files again, hopefully for the last time ahaha...

Latios212

No worries :P and thanks for the help Levi~

Everything looks good, just a last few small things (apologies if I missed them last time).
Spoiler
[close]
- m. 32-33 are missing a melody note each
- I think it might be good to make the last note of m. 37 A to match m. 29 (and also to have less of a big jump)
Quote from: Latios212 on December 19, 2019, 04:40:13 PM- Not really sure about the dotted quarter D that's tied in the last measure. That note from the previous measure doesn't really sustain, and there are a couple of other parts you could write in here instead.
- This is what I meant for the last measure last time.

Almost there. Thanks for the hard work thus far ^^

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

invy

Alright, now that the website is letting me update the files again they're all posted with those last few improvements, thank you once again for all the help and advice!

Latios212

Awesome work! Looks good to me :) you're very welcome for the help!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle