Game: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: The Night of the Ball
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nacho2420

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Hey, long time no see! Glad to see new stuff from you, from 3H no less ;D

This looks solid at a glance (aside from the measure numbers!). I would strongly recommend using more measures per system - this can very easily fit onto 3 pages as much of it is very spaced out right now.

Just taking a peek at the beginning right now, since I actually had started writing this one out myself (you can see it here). One thing I'd suggest thinking about is seeing if you want a denser accompaniment pattern by including more of the harmonies from the original - I think this would better capture the richness of the strings. Up to you, though, as your arrangement does a fine job at outlining the harmonies (minus a couple of nuances here and there, like the seventh (A) in m. 14).

More feedback to come later :)

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

nacho2420

Whoops! I used one of his arrangement mus files as a template so I didn't have to fill in all the text manually/format it and forgot to change that part!

Edit: Changes were made - condensed the arrangement to fit 3 pages, removed excess measure numbers, added and adjusted harmonies to make it fuller

Latios212

Cool :) checking notes and the rest now! I'm not the best with super dense orchestrations like this, but overall it looks good.
- Raise the quarter rest a bit in m. 3
- I think an A# would make more sense than a Bb in m. 12. Similarly, sharps in m. 28.
- Not sure I follow the LH in m. 21. I think I'm hearing something like A F# E for the eighth notes?
- Might be nice to have the high piano chord roll in m. 32
- Slur and tie overlap in m. 43
- lower layer eighth note misaligned in m. 44
- I think the D# in the chord in m. 47 should be an E?
- Would suggest adding a slur to the last note leading back to the beginning of the loop

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

I reached out to Nacho - he's been busy and said we're free to make edits... I'll see if I have time to make edits on this one in the next week or two.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on June 28, 2020, 08:49:04 AMI reached out to Nacho - he's been busy and said we're free to make edits... I'll see if I have time to make edits on this one in the next week or two.
Edits I shall make then:
  • m12 is an F#maj chord, so the Bb should be A#.
  • m14/29 are B7#5 chords (augmented 7th chords), so the Gns should be Fxs.
  • m16 RH: I hear the F# in the top layer tied to beat 3, and I don't hear the last grace note. Beat 3 itself sounds like a 16th-dotted 8th rhythm to me. Maybe someone else can double-check this, but that's what I hear at least.
  • The slur in m22-24 and 27-28 is shaped kinda weirdly.
  • m28 is an A#m7 chord, so the LH should be A# and G#.
  • m39 beat 3 to m40 beat 2 sounds like 3 triplets, all F#-C#-B moving down an octave each time.
  • m42 LH beat 3.5 should be Gn instead of G#.
  • The slur is crossing the tie in m43.
  • It seemed like there was a lot of space on the bottom of page 1, so I moved the systems down some.
Files have been updated accordingly. Edit: Also made the rest of the edits Latios suggested above. I'll be approving this one now.

Latios212

Quote from: Static on April 17, 2021, 11:56:34 AMm16 RH: I hear the F# in the top layer tied to beat 3, and I don't hear the last grace note. Beat 3 itself sounds like a 16th-dotted 8th rhythm to me. Maybe someone else can double-check this, but that's what I hear at least.
Yep, this sounds right to me as written.

A last few edits before accepting:
- Adding a p dynamic on the last note for the loop back to the beginning, lowering dynamics a bit to be closer to the midpoint between the staves
- Giving the rolled octave in the last measure a little more space on the left

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot