[NEO] The King of Fighters '96 - "Stormy Saxophone 2 (Yagami Team Theme)" by Static

Started by Zeta, January 02, 2020, 09:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: The King of Fighters '96
Console: Neo Geo
Title: Stormy Saxophone 2 (Yagami Team Theme)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Latios212

Sorry for the wait on this one...

- I'd suggest making the continued 8vb a bit clear (with some text direction or something).
- m. 13 is f and m. 24 crescendos into... f? Is that intentional?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on March 01, 2020, 04:21:58 PM- I'd suggest making the continued 8vb a bit clear (with some text direction or something).
- m. 13 is f and m. 24 crescendos into... f? Is that intentional?
- I just added (etc.) to the end of the line, hopefully that's pretty clear.
- Ah yeah, I meant to put a mf in m17 but forgot.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Groovy stuff.

-Why is there no harmony for 9-10?  You put it there in for 5-6 and it sounds the same to me in the original.
-Some of the little graces up to the notes on the saxes sound like they have more notes than you've written in.  I think quite a lot of them are like this but the ones that stuck out to me the most were in bars 17 and 21.
-Is the G in bar 37 mean to be an A?

Static

Quote from: Libera on March 14, 2020, 01:45:53 PMGroovy stuff.

-Why is there no harmony for 9-10?  You put it there in for 5-6 and it sounds the same to me in the original.
-Some of the little graces up to the notes on the saxes sound like they have more notes than you've written in.  I think quite a lot of them are like this but the ones that stuck out to me the most were in bars 17 and 21.
-Is the G in bar 37 mean to be an A?
- Because I forgot lol. Added.
- I lessened the amount of grace notes overall so the rhythm would be more clear when performing. I think grace notes have kind of a different feel on a piano compared to a wind instrument, or at least it seems that way to me sometimes. If you think I should add the extra notes anyway, I wouldn't be against it.
- Yes, and in m29 too. Fixed.

Libera

Sweet.

Quote from: Static on April 02, 2020, 09:38:36 PM- I lessened the amount of grace notes overall so the rhythm would be more clear when performing. I think grace notes have kind of a different feel on a piano compared to a wind instrument, or at least it seems that way to me sometimes. If you think I should add the extra notes anyway, I wouldn't be against it.

Yeah that's probably a good call.  I just wanted to check what your thought process was.

Zeta