[DELETED] [GBA] The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - "Vaati Battle" by GoobiGamer

Started by Zeta, December 04, 2019, 11:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Vaati Battle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: GoobiGamer

Libera

Hi and welcome to NSM!  People generally post a youtube embed with the piece in question so that others don't have to spend time looking for the correct piece, so if you could do that we would appreciate it greatly.

Without listening to the original though, I can tell that there's quite a bit to be done on this sheet to make it into something that looks good and is playable.

Formatting:
-The url is too low and not aligned to the bottom margin vertically.
-The systems are awkwardly spaced apart by a lot.
-There are currently lots of collisions and near collisions between notes, ties, beams etc on the sheet.
-The tempo marking is not in the correct font.

Arrangement:
-Lots of the chords in this arrangement are completely unplayable unless you had gargantuan hands.  You should try to think about what would be playable for an actual human performer when making arrangements.
-The way that the two layers interact in the left hand is very confusing to read and play.  I'd suggest having a think about what layers are important and which can be removed for rhythmic clarity while playing.

TheZeldaPianist275

In addition to everything Libera just said, the proper title of this piece is "Vaati Transfigured", as per the game's sound test.

Libera

Libera

I'm going to archive this for inactivity.  Feel free to resubmit it when you've had the time to address the feedback.