Series: Super Mario
Game: Dr. Mario
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Title Screen
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

m24 - I hear the dotted 8th+16th rhythm for beat 4 in the RH

Aaaaaaaaaaand that's it.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 16, 2020, 06:53:44 PMm24 - I hear the dotted 8th+16th rhythm for beat 4 in the RH
(You mean LH?) Also for m18, 20, 22, 33, 35, and 37.

Was also just wondering if it was an intentional decision to make m32 LH a whole note instead of a dotted half.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Just checked again, and I'm pretty sure in those places it's the percussion, not the bass, that's playing on beat x.75. However, I wouldn't be opposed to filling those in anyway to make the arrangement a bit more interesting by incorporating that rhythm. Thoughts?

Quote from: mastersuperfan on January 17, 2020, 09:36:27 PMWas also just wondering if it was an intentional decision to make m32 LH a whole note instead of a dotted half.
Nope, that was a mistake, thanks :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Yeah, listening again, it sounds like most of them are percussion, but they're easy to hear as pitched notes too. It's hard to tell, but m35 and m37 in particular sound like those notes might actually be part of the bass instead of just percussion? I think it's fine either way.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Haha thanks Levi, good to know I haven't lost my ability to mentally separate parts in the new year :P

Quote from: mastersuperfan on January 18, 2020, 01:50:13 PMI think it's fine either way.
I'll just leave it as is (i.e. transcribed verbatim bass) for now unless someone else feels strongly about adding in those extra 16ths.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Looks good, although I'd probably have written this in heavy swing rather than dotted quaver semiquaver.

Static

Quote from: Libera on January 18, 2020, 03:46:18 PMLooks good, although I'd probably have written this in heavy swing rather than dotted quaver semiquaver.
I second this sentiment. You could also add a thing to the tempo marking that says "Swing (2 8ths = dotted 8th-16th)", but I don't know how to make that from scratch to have it look like the regular triplet one.

Latios212

I would rather not do that here. Leaving it like this makes it abundantly clear where the long and short notes are making it easy for the performer to interpret.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Alright, fair enough I suppose. Many old jazz scores have swung notes written out explicitly the way you have it, so it's not incorrect, just not my personal preference here. I'll accept.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot