Game: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Facing Ganon
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zeila

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

I really like this particular arrangement of the old Ganon battle theme, and I think you captured all those new little things on this sheet really well. Nice work!
  • m4 threw me off a bit lol; in the LttP version its another bar of 14/16, but its lengthened in this version. Anyway, the intervals between the 2 hands should stay consistent (major 3rd). It's up to you what accidentals you want to change, but I would just go with whatever looks the cleanest.
  • m26-31: It sounds like the french horn comes in just a little before the trumpets and violins, similar to m25. Grace notes or 16th notes would be a good way to show that.
  • m29: I would spell the RH with sharps here.
  • m32-34: It's harder to tell because the bass has a different pattern, but the 1-b3-4-b6-5 bass progression on the 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th, and 13th 16th notes is still present. m32 should be spelled in all flats (including RH), and m34 should be all sharps in the LH (keep RH the same). It's kind of confusing to type it out like this but hopefully that makes sense. If you need more clarification let me know.

Zeila

Quote from: Static on December 06, 2019, 02:35:02 PMI really like this particular arrangement of the old Ganon battle theme, and I think you captured all those new little things on this sheet really well. Nice work!
  • m26-31: It sounds like the french horn comes in just a little before the trumpets and violins, similar to m25. Grace notes or 16th notes would be a good way to show that.
Thanks! After listening to it again I think the french horn just plays the melody part from the original, except I'm not sure about m30 and m31. It also sounds like it starts on beat 1 instead of right before with the exception of m24-25. If it looks like too much, I can just get rid of it. I tried to make it a little neater by updating the measure division distances and converting the tied notes to double dotted half notes

Quote from: Static on December 06, 2019, 02:35:02 PM
  • m32-34: It's harder to tell because the bass has a different pattern, but the 1-b3-4-b6-5 bass progression on the 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th, and 13th 16th notes is still present. m32 should be spelled in all flats (including RH), and m34 should be all sharps in the LH (keep RH the same). It's kind of confusing to type it out like this but hopefully that makes sense. If you need more clarification let me know.
Oh that makes sense, although the last measure doesn't quite fit that. I updated m32 but left m34 the same since I figured it would make more sense if the accidentals were consistent between the LH and RH (and this way the intervals would be the represented with the same base note except its just down a chromatic step just like the RH; e.g. instead of C#-A or 1-b6 it's C#-Ab or 1-d6). I also caught an error in m34 and changed the 9th 16th note from an En to E#

Aside from changing m4 and m29, I also updated the note lengths by omitting the ties in m11-12 and those similar to it up to m25. Thanks for the feedback!

Static

All the changes look great! It's fine as-is and completely readable, but the new 2nd layer in m26-31 could also be written as 16th-8th (tie) dotted 8th (tie) dotted quarter (tie) 8th, in order to line up with the beaming in the LH. It's up to you though, since splitting that dotted half can make the measure less easy to read. Just something to think about there. Other than that, I don't have much more to say on this one. I approve.

Zeila

Quote from: Static on January 18, 2020, 07:05:38 PMAll the changes look great! It's fine as-is and completely readable, but the new 2nd layer in m26-31 could also be written as 16th-8th (tie) dotted 8th (tie) dotted quarter (tie) 8th, in order to line up with the beaming in the LH. It's up to you though, since splitting that dotted half can make the measure less easy to read. Just something to think about there. Other than that, I don't have much more to say on this one. I approve.
I'd rather not do that since I think it would add unnecessary clutter, but thanks anyways for checking it over!

Static

Quote from: Zeila on January 18, 2020, 08:07:49 PMI'd rather not do that since I think it would add unnecessary clutter, but thanks anyways for checking it over!
Sounds good to me. No problem! Approved.

Latios212

Small visual suggestion - for m. 5-24 flip the fourth group of LH sixteenth notes to be consistent with the others (that way the accent would also be below the notes).

Other than that, the 16th notes or augmentation dots in m. 26, 28, 29, and 31 need to be adjusted a bit so they don't collide with each other.

That's all from me!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta