Game: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Highlands
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sidon327

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Hi, welcome to NinSheetMusic! :)

It's helpful to provide a link to the original.

Anyway, the sheet! It looks great for starters, but there's a few things that need to be adjusted:
- The fonts in the Finale file don't match the PDF export. We use the Finale file (here .musx) as a master file to generate the others, so that will need to be adjusted.
- The very first note should be a D like in m. 3.
- Some slurs are overlapping the tuplet markings.
- The inner beam between the second and third 16th notes in m. 1-2 should be broken to indicate where exactly the triplet marking corresponds to. Let me know if you need help with that.
- The D in m. 8 in the original sounds sustained, not staccato as you wrote it.
- The dyads in the last few measures are missing some harmonies. I'm hearing EDDE under the first four and a C# in the last.
- I would suggest making this 5 systems (still one page) in order to give the music a bit more horizontal space - the last system in particular is pretty cluttered. To make room for that you can cut down on the space between LH and RH staves in some places.

Let me know if you have questions about any of the above!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sidon327

Thank you for those tips! I just made those changes except I have a couple questions:

1. I'm not quite sure what you meant about the text issues because they seem to be okay when the file is open in Finale. How should I go about fixing this?
2. Also, once I make the changes how should I resubmit the files?

Thank you very much!

Latios212

You're welcome! :)

1 - Sounds like just a file conversion issue in that case... what version of Finale are you using?
This is what I see - no bold/italic
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
2 - You can reupload new versions of the files by editing your submission in the NSM Panel.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

The Deku Trombonist

Can you click in the text box for the title, then in the menu bar go to Text > Font... and post a screenshot of the dialog window that appears? I think that may be where the issue is but I'd like to see what it looks like on your end first.

Sidon327

Here is the screen shot from my Finale file:

Thanks!

Libera

Just so you know, you can resize images by putting width = [some number] in the first bracket after the img so that the image doesn't take up the whole screen.

Latios212

How about if you choose regular Times New Roman and make it bold/italic under the Style menu?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sidon327

Latios212

Awesome, looks like it worked! :)

Just a last few things from me:
- The last dyad is still missing a C#, I think.
- The URL should be https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/ (i.e. with caps and https)
- The title and composer are slightly misaligned (hope this isn't another file conversion thing haha). You can align the text boxes using the Alignment menu or a shortcut (I'm on Windows, not sure what it is on Mac)
- Pretty inconsequential here, but the D.C. should be a repeat marking instead of a text box. That way it's attached to the staff and will move accordingly if the staff moves around. It'll also allow you to make the playback repeat to the beginning.

Anyway, once again great sheet and I'll check your other one soon too ^^

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sidon327

Just re-submitted it again, hopefully everything is good now!  :)

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Yeah this looks pretty cool.  I just think the sheet needs a little redistribution vertically due to:

-The url/copyright isn't aligned to the bottom margin (it's too low).
-The game title is a little close to the composer info; you can just move it upwards a few pips since there's enough space between it and the track title.

Other than that I don't have anything.

Sidon327