News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Food/Cooking Update

Started by Libera, January 26, 2020, 01:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on February 01, 2020, 09:14:09 PMI think you misunderstood - I'm saying they're regular eighth notes.
...oh.

Code_Name_Geek

Here's my submission for the update!

Persona 5 - Big Bang Burger March
[MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [MIDI]

(One thing to note about this one is that there should possibly be a courtesy key signature at the repeat since it goes back to the former key, but I wasn't sure how to format that - does it go in front of the repeat? After?)

I have a couple of others I might submit as well if I get them finished in time, but that's it for now.

Static

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 01, 2020, 12:59:41 PMI think that you really ought to merge this with the Intermission theme. The songs are short enough for them to fit onto one page.

Also, I'm hearing the "Game Start" theme (as it should be called,) as C major. This applies to most incarnations of the theme, including the original arcade version and early ports on the NES and Game Boy.
- Done.
- After discussing with you and Latios about titles, I decided to stick with the album names for both the start and intermission themes. Keys for both have been tuned down to be in tune with their console renditions (C and F, respectively)

I have another helping of food here:
Diner Dash: Hometown Hero - Florence's Groovy Disco
Final Fantasy VI - Spinach Rag

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on February 01, 2020, 11:42:07 PM- Keys for both have been tuned down to be in tune with their console renditions (C and F, respectively)

Keys for the actual renditions. The console versions just happen to be tuned better.

You could put a repeat sign at the end of Coffee Break, since it loops back to the start at least once at every Pac-Man intermission.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: McDucky on January 27, 2020, 12:33:59 PMHere's a small sheet I put together
Dragon Quest VIII - Alchemy Pot [Youtube]
Looks accurate, nice job. A couple things about the engraving:
- The tied eighths everywhere except for the first pair in m. 8 should be quarter notes instead.
- Move a couple of measures up so the third system isn't stretched and the last isn't squished. Each system could have 3 or 4 measures.

Now, about the key signatures... I don't really know how to evaluate this piece haha. Hopefully someone else with a bit more knowledge about bitonal/atonal stuff can comment on that.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on February 01, 2020, 09:25:19 PM...oh.
Haha cool looks good now. Approved.

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on February 01, 2020, 10:05:59 PMPersona 5 - Big Bang Burger March

(One thing to note about this one is that there should possibly be a courtesy key signature at the repeat since it goes back to the former key, but I wasn't sure how to format that - does it go in front of the repeat? After?)
For the courtesy key signature - one thing you can do is insert a measure with the new keysig, hide the extra barline, insert a hidden repeat marking to skip over it, and squish it using the Measure tool so that it takes no horizontal space. That said, I don't think it's too necessary here because the forward repeat bar is at the beginning of a system (i.e. the performer can see that the keysig is clear there). But if you want that clarity, go right ahead!

Other stuff about this one:
- The dynamic markings (mp/mf) are all a bit too much to the right. Speaking of dynamics, I feel like given the march style of this piece you could use f instead of mf. Up to you, though.
- I'm not hearing the upper notes in the RH for the dyads in m. 6/8/14/16.

Great work! Very nice and clean.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Latios212 on February 02, 2020, 08:47:49 AMFor the courtesy key signature - one thing you can do is insert a measure with the new keysig, hide the extra barline, insert a hidden repeat marking to skip over it, and squish it using the Measure tool so that it takes no horizontal space. That said, I don't think it's too necessary here because the forward repeat bar is at the beginning of a system (i.e. the performer can see that the keysig is clear there). But if you want that clarity, go right ahead!

Other stuff about this one:
- The dynamic markings (mp/mf) are all a bit too much to the right. Speaking of dynamics, I feel like given the march style of this piece you could use f instead of mf. Up to you, though.
- I'm not hearing the upper notes in the RH for the dyads in m. 6/8/14/16.
- I think the courtesy key signature is especially helpful here since it's going back to C Major, which is less of a visual contrast than other key signatures might be. Thanks for the instructions on how to do it!
- You have a point with the dynamics, and usually I would agree with that. In the context that the track appears in-game, however, it's meant to have that sound of coming through tinny speakers in a fast food restaurant. That's why I thought a softer dynamic was more appropriate in this case.
- Notes are fixed.

Thanks for taking a look!

Updated files:
Persona 5 - Big Bang Burger March

I finished up another sheet to contribute as well.

Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility - Cooking

A note about the composer of this piece...
Finding the composer for this track gave me a bit of trouble (as is often the case for this series). The closest thing I could find was someone with the title "Sound Artist" as can be seen in the end credits, so I hope that's close enough. Not sure what role the people from "Delfi Sound Inc." who are listed directly after played, but "Sound Artist" seemed like the most important title so I went with that.
[close]

Latios212

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on February 02, 2020, 01:11:38 PM- I think the courtesy key signature is especially helpful here since it's going back to C Major, which is less of a visual contrast than other key signatures might be. Thanks for the instructions on how to do it!
- You have a point with the dynamics, and usually I would agree with that. In the context that the track appears in-game, however, it's meant to have that sound of coming through tinny speakers in a fast food restaurant. That's why I thought a softer dynamic was more appropriate in this case.
- Notes are fixed.

Thanks for taking a look!
No problem! Sounds good, and looks great :)

I also added the following sheet of my own:

Quote from: Latios212 on February 02, 2020, 07:39:49 AMCooking Mama
NEW!   Title Screen[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

McDucky

Quote from: Latios212 on February 02, 2020, 08:47:49 AM- The tied eighths everywhere except for the first pair in m. 8 should be quarter notes instead.
- Move a couple of measures up so the third system isn't stretched and the last isn't squished. Each system could have 3 or 4 measures.

Don't know why I left it like that, but I've fixed it up now.
I also removed the time signature changes in the middle because I felt it wasn't really necessary.

I have considered notating it in Db Major (based on the final chord), C Major, or Gb Major, but I think the split double signatures makes the most sense and looks the cleanest.

Latios212

Quote from: McDucky on February 02, 2020, 02:36:29 PMDon't know why I left it like that, but I've fixed it up now.
I also removed the time signature changes in the middle because I felt it wasn't really necessary.

I have considered notating it in Db Major (based on the final chord), C Major, or Gb Major, but I think the split double signatures makes the most sense and looks the cleanest.
Gotcha. Well, I can't disagree with the sheet being relatively straightforward to read like this :P

Last couple of things with this one - the tie over the key signature change in m. 7-8 is visibly broken. Also, the middle quarter in m. 10 should be two tied eighths.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

McDucky

Quote from: Latios212 on February 02, 2020, 02:40:32 PMLast couple of things with this one - the tie over the key signature change in m. 7-8 is visibly broken. Also, the middle quarter in m. 10 should be two tied eighths.
Done.
Took me a while to figure out how to fix the tie, and I was considering just covering up with a slur.

Maelstrom

My spare time just took a tactical nuke to the face, but I managed to fix up Strawberry Crisis!!. It's in the dropbox folder.
[Original]

mastersuperfan

Quote[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Cooking With Zess T."

I'm hearing some more notes you could add into the first half (G's in m-29 except for m7 in which they're A's) in order to match the pace/hectic nature of the original better (they're actually pairs of 16ths instead of single 8ths but that would be really hard to play):
Spoiler
[close]

Hearing this for m1 LH:
Spoiler
[close]

This for m5 RH:
Spoiler
[close]

And this for m15 LH:
Spoiler
[close]

I would suggest removing the p's from m10-15 LH—I think the octave vs no-octave is contrast enough, and the p's in the second half of each makes it suddenly feel really empty since there's no other accompaniment happening in the sheet.

Bottom harmony notes in m17 dyads should be Eb-Dn-Eb-Dn (thirds, not fourths).

The accompaniment in the original is doing something completely different from what you have in the LH right now—it's jumping up intervals and ascending as the right hand does, and it sounds like the harmonies are changing as well. I would suggest taking another listen and figuring out what's really happening there (I would try it myself but I lost my headphones and the rest was already hard enough to hear, rip). I would also try to mimic the relative octaves of the alternating dyads in m16-17 as closely as possible, even though the melody line (which is also constantly jumping down) might make it harder there.

Quote from: Static on January 26, 2020, 08:03:04 PM[Wii] Kirby's Epic Yarn - "Vs. Squashini"

This sounds really good but I have to question the right hand in m7-8... Also, I think that the LH dyads might actually all be triads in m17-24—for example, I'm hearing F#'s and G's under the dyads in m17-18 (i.e. F#-B-D#, G-C-E, and G-B-E triads).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Th3Gavst3r

[WII] Wii Fit

BMI Results
[musx]

Yug_Guy

I figured I'd fix up this replacement before the deadline passes:

Kirby Super Star [SNES]
"Peanut Plain" (Replacement)MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal

Radiak488417

Here's my submission:

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky: "Apple Woods"

[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

I wasn't sure whether or not to notate the guitar chords, as they require some insane jumps in the left hand, so I've left them out for now. I have a version with them included if people think it'd be good to have them, though. I also considered moving the melody up an octave in measures 45-46 for clarity, let me know if that seems like a good idea or not.