News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Food/Cooking Update

Started by Libera, January 26, 2020, 01:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Radiak488417 on February 14, 2020, 11:07:15 PMAlso, am I crazy or should the whole bassline be an octave lower...?

I also noticed that but assumed it was an intentional decision since the LH and RH would be pretty far apart if it were lowered. @NineLives?

More feedback (not really sure why I did five of Levi's in a row... I think it was just because they were easier to check):

Radish Ruins (Kirby & The Amazing Mirror) - LeviR.star
Good sheet, notes generally check out. A few comments from me...
- tempo should be 137 BPM instead of 138 lol (getting a strange sense of déjà vu)
- The tempo marking is kind of high up; it might look better if you brought it down just a smidge.
- I'm not sure about the spacing in this sheet. The systems are reaaally far apart on the first page and I think it would look better closer together. Try this distribution (MUSX file)—after the first two systems, I grouped the measures by threes, which puts the repeat bar right at the end of the first page. This has the added benefit of, well, not making them go back a page when they go through the repeat.
- I didn't fiddle with the spacing on the second page, but any two-bar phrases might be a bit too stretched compared to three-bar phrases. You might consider putting measures into three bars phrases, and then for the last remaining measure, just shorten the system so it's spaced comparably. If you don't like having a system that short, you can work out whatever other organization you think is good.
- In the LH, beat of m2, m4, m8, and m12 sound just like two eighths instead of an eighth-note triplet.
- In the RH of m7-10, I imagine you omitted the harmonies on the 16th notes for playability's sake, but I think you could probably add them to the first 16th note of every pair. I think it would only become unreasonably difficult if you made them play fast dyads on all three notes in a row.
- Purely stylistic choice: Personally, I would consider inverting the dyads in the RH in m15-22. In the original, the melody (the lower voice) obviously stands out more than the higher harmonies above it, but it gets obscured here in the sheet because the high notes become so much more prominent. I think this is a case where you could sacrifice a bit of transcriptional accuracy for the sake of sticking to the spirit of the original theme, but it's your call.
[close]

Goal Game (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards) - LeviR.star
- I would specify "both hands"—i.e. "Play both hands one octave higher than written"
- I would also capitalize the P in play... (though I guess you don't have to)
- Finally, I would move that note more to the right and a little up, to be closer to the staves. You might even consider placing it above the staves, to the right of the tempo marking. Somewhere where they'll see it most easily. It doesn't make a huge difference though so do with it what you will.
[close]

Yogurt Yard Map (Kirby's Adventure) - LeviR.star
- m4 LH beat 3.5 (C) sounds like just a single 8th note to me.
- The same thing I said for Radish Ruins goes for the 16th note harmonies here in m4. In fact, since these are staccato notes (and the tempo is not as fast), I don't think it would be unrealistic to just put the harmonies on every 16th note, actually.
[close]

Dreaming of Food (Kirby Super Star) - LeviR.star
- That is a lot of space between systems. I don't think you need to go to such lengths just to fill the page... too many empty space in between is more unsightly than empty space at the bottom IMO.
- Regarding grace notes... I've now taken on Libera's view that the slur should be oriented for the big note, not for the grace notes. Thus, you might consider manually flipping the slur in m8-9 so that it's on top. Still, this is a matter of preference, so you can make the change or not.
- You may or may not consider shortening the length of the last system since those two measures are pretty stretched out as they are.
[close]

Crash! Gourmet Race (Kirby Super Star) - LeviR.star
- tempo should be 169 instead of 170 (lol I'm doing this a lot... it's really close though, it's like 169.35)
- yikes that is a lot of ledger lines but I can see why it's not convenient to use an 8va/15ma to get rid of them so it's fine
- Same thing about grace notes that I mentioned in Dreaming for Food, if you really want to take the effort to manually adjust all the slurs.
- That is still a lot of empty space between systems on page 2... and it's coming at the expense of adequate space between staves in m18-19. I would definitely cut the spacing down a notch. Also, is it just me, or is the vertical distance between the 3rd and 4th systems on page 1 a little greater than the distance between the 2nd and 3rd systems? It's bothering me a little...
[close]

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Rubikium

Updated Files:
Treat Land (ver03)
Time for Dessert! (ver02)
Olive Ocean (ver02)

Comments:
Treat Land

Quote from: Latios212 on February 08, 2020, 06:16:23 PM- I'm not sure the grace notes on page 2 really work? They distract from the smoothness of the melody quite a bit and I don't really hear them in the original.
- For the main left hand pattern in m. 29-42 I'd consider putting beat 1 down an octave and seeing how that sounds to you. It would bring out the deeper bass tones in the original without making the entire pattern too bassy.
- I heard the grace notes from the ocarina in the high register, but I agree that the notes don't sound as smooth on piano.
- Change the pattern to arpeggios.
[close]
Time for Dessert!

Quote from: Radiak488417 on February 09, 2020, 02:47:34 PM
  • Many of the LH dyads/notes in measures 1-15 falling on beat 2.5 are inaccurate:
    • m6: The A# should be a G#-A# dyad.
    • m8: Dyad should have an A# added on top.
    • m11: I think the LH is actually fine, but there should be a triad in the RH on beat 2.5 consisting of A#, C# and D#.
  • m14 RH: Dyad on beat 1 should be a triad with notes G#, A# and C#.
  • m16 RH: Melody note on beat 1 should have a grace note (F#).
  • m21: Also, it's really hard to hear, but there's a chord in the RH on beat 4.5—sounds like an F# major triad (F#, A#, C#).
  • m22: In the RH, the B# on beat 4.5 should have an F# below it.
  • I think mp would work better as a dynamic for this piece, but that's open to interpretation.
- I personally could not hear these notes, or heard these differently. Additional feedback will be appreciated.
[close]
Olive Ocean

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 10, 2020, 05:16:32 PMI was writing up a post and decided to just post an updated file since I'm guessing you use MuseScore and I'm not sure how many of these changes are doable without full Finale:
- Thanks for the edit and I indeed mainly used MuseScore for arranging and Finale Notepad to generate .mus files. Accepting all changes made.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 10, 2020, 05:16:32 PM[MUS] [XML]
- The placement of the articulations in the .mxl file was messed up when imported to Notepad. I guess this may be a limitation of Notepad. The updated file is modified from the .mus file.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 10, 2020, 05:16:32 PMOther suggestions beyond what I changed:
- I think you could try to fill in the rest of Layer 2 in the RH in m15-21, since that line doesn't stop actually halfway through the measure (it keeps going the whole way through).
- Tiny thing, but I would consider moving the "Composed by/Arranged by" info down a little bit since it's pretty close to the subtitle and there's a lot of space between it and the first system. Purely a matter of personal preference.

- Added notes to the measures, but honestly these were barely noticeable to me, so I might interpret them incorrectly. 
- Location adjusted
[close]

NineLives

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 14, 2020, 05:33:24 PMOther than that, the only comment I have to make is regarding the LH in the last measure. From what I can tell, the original only has the bottom note (low G). If you want to be transcriptionally very accurate to the original, you could just change it to that. However, if this is an intentional stylistic choice, it works well and you're absolutely free to keep it as is. Just wanted to double-check with you on this.
I think I'll take the G off. Also, I don't know if it's just PrintMusic, but the staccatos seem to close in on the notes on the MUS & MUSX files you send. It's no biggie 'cause they're easy to replace, but I just thought it was weird. Aside from that, here's the current sheet once more: "Sweet Sweet Canyon" MUSX

LeviR.star

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 15, 2020, 12:25:48 AM
Good sheet, notes generally check out. A few comments from me...
- tempo should be 137 BPM instead of 138 lol (getting a strange sense of déjà vu)
- The tempo marking is kind of high up; it might look better if you brought it down just a smidge.
- I'm not sure about the spacing in this sheet. The systems are reaaally far apart on the first page and I think it would look better closer together. Try this distribution (MUSX file)—after the first two systems, I grouped the measures by threes, which puts the repeat bar right at the end of the first page. This has the added benefit of, well, not making them go back a page when they go through the repeat.
- I didn't fiddle with the spacing on the second page, but any two-bar phrases might be a bit too stretched compared to three-bar phrases. You might consider putting measures into three bars phrases, and then for the last remaining measure, just shorten the system so it's spaced comparably. If you don't like having a system that short, you can work out whatever other organization you think is good.
- In the LH, beat of m2, m4, m8, and m12 sound just like two eighths instead of an eighth-note triplet.
- In the RH of m7-10, I imagine you omitted the harmonies on the 16th notes for playability's sake, but I think you could probably add them to the first 16th note of every pair. I think it would only become unreasonably difficult if you made them play fast dyads on all three notes in a row.
- Purely stylistic choice: Personally, I would consider inverting the dyads in the RH in m15-22. In the original, the melody (the lower voice) obviously stands out more than the higher harmonies above it, but it gets obscured here in the sheet because the high notes become so much more prominent. I think this is a case where you could sacrifice a bit of transcriptional accuracy for the sake of sticking to the spirit of the original theme, but it's your call.
[close]

- alright, listen: the last time we had this argument, someone pointed out that it was better to have the BPM on a standard metronome marking if possible. With 60 tempo taps, I ended with an average BPM of 137.53, and rounded up accordingly (a number which a traditional metronome can match up to). Just understand, this is nothing personal
- can do
- I like that distribution; moved it to look like yours
- done
- thanks for double-checking that, I also added staccatos
- good enough for me; also made this change in m. 13 - 14
- you know, I had a feeling something was off in that section. I wasn't sure if you guys would approve of me inverting those dyads, but now that I've got permission, I'll be happy to

- I would specify "both hands"—i.e. "Play both hands one octave higher than written"
- I would also capitalize the P in play... (though I guess you don't have to)
- Finally, I would move that note more to the right and a little up, to be closer to the staves. You might even consider placing it above the staves, to the right of the tempo marking. Somewhere where they'll see it most easily. It doesn't make a huge difference though so do with it what you will.
[close]

- I figured that was implied, but sure, I can do that
- some nitpicky person once told me not to capitalize for that kind of note, but I actually prefer to. Will gladly change that
- I'll move it up a few notches

- m4 LH beat 3.5 (C) sounds like just a single 8th note to me.
- The same thing I said for Radish Ruins goes for the 16th note harmonies here in m4. In fact, since these are staccato notes (and the tempo is not as fast), I don't think it would be unrealistic to just put the harmonies on every 16th note, actually.
[close]

- it's actually a pair of 16ths, I moved the second one up to match beat 3. I'll change it to an 8th unless you'd rather have both 16ths on the C
- did this, but left the B flat as a note of its own, as I was worried that might be too big of a leap. Thoughts?

- That is a lot of space between systems. I don't think you need to go to such lengths just to fill the page... too many empty space in between is more unsightly than empty space at the bottom IMO.
- Regarding grace notes... I've now taken on Libera's view that the slur should be oriented for the big note, not for the grace notes. Thus, you might consider manually flipping the slur in m8-9 so that it's on top. Still, this is a matter of preference, so you can make the change or not.
- You may or may not consider shortening the length of the last system since those two measures are pretty stretched out as they are.
[close]

- sure thing, I'll move it up
- I gotta say, that's a new one to me. I can flip the slur, but I've never heard of this rule, and I've always assumed that Finale's default was okay

- tempo should be 169 instead of 170 (lol I'm doing this a lot... it's really close though, it's like 169.35)
- yikes that is a lot of ledger lines but I can see why it's not convenient to use an 8va/15ma to get rid of them so it's fine
- Same thing about grace notes that I mentioned in Dreaming for Food, if you really want to take the effort to manually adjust all the slurs.
- That is still a lot of empty space between systems on page 2... and it's coming at the expense of adequate space between staves in m18-19. I would definitely cut the spacing down a notch. Also, is it just me, or is the vertical distance between the 3rd and 4th systems on page 1 a little greater than the distance between the 2nd and 3rd systems? It's bothering me a little...
[close]

- I didn't notice it was off, so I moved the tempo down to 168 BPM. Again, nothing personal, but I just feel that this works best for the performer
- yea, they're pretty ugly, but I didn't really see the point off adding any more of those
- anything like this should be worth the effort. Did you want all of them flipped? That's what I did
- I'll move the systems a little closer on the second page. And no, it's not just you -- I thought that hitting "apply" on the Edit Page Margins would put the same space between all of them. Guess not... dang, how many sheets have I screwed up doing that?...

Edited the files with what I assumed you wanted done. I'll just await your feedback on my questions.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

Sweet Sweet Canyon (Mario Kart 8) - Nine Lives
Quote from: NineLives on February 15, 2020, 07:02:34 AMI think I'll take the G off. Also, I don't know if it's just PrintMusic, but the staccatos seem to close in on the notes on the MUS & MUSX files you send. It's no biggie 'cause they're easy to replace, but I just thought it was weird. Aside from that, here's the current sheet once more: "Sweet Sweet Canyon" MUSX
- Yeah that's because I'm using Finale v26 which is buggy... kudos for replacing the articulations, but now the staccatos I manually positioned in m45-49 are in the wrong places. Either you can re-position the Layer 1 staccatos to be near the noteheads yourself, or you can just leave them for now and we'll handle them later.
- For the last measure, I meant that the low G was the only thing I was hearing, so I would either keep the entire chord including the G, or only keep the low G.
- Regarding what Radiak said:
Quote from: Radiak488417 on February 14, 2020, 11:07:15 PMFor Sweet Sweet Canyon, this is sort of a minor thing but I think all the LH chords in the intro are actually voiced without the fifth. Also, am I crazy or should the whole bassline be an octave lower...?
- I checked out the first four measures and Radiak is right (except for the 1st measure where it's the 3rd, not the 5th, that's missing):

(That said, if you like the full chords, you can keep them since either way sounds just fine.)
- Radiak is also right in that, in the original, the bassline is an octave lower (starting from m5). Your call whether or not you want to lower the LH accordingly or keep it as is.
[close]

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 15, 2020, 10:56:35 AM- alright, listen: the last time we had this argument, someone pointed out that it was better to have the BPM on a standard metronome marking if possible. With 60 tempo taps, I ended with an average BPM of 137.53, and rounded up accordingly (a number which a traditional metronome can match up to). Just understand, this is nothing personal
- I got an average BPM of 137.25 with 320 tempo taps. :P Personally the way I see it is that it's better to be more exact because many metronomes can do exact BPMs, and for those that can't, you can just round to the nearest marking. Either way is fine though.
- Was also just curious why you chose to put octaves on LH beat 1 for every other measure in m15-22, since it doesn't sound like something that was taken directly from the original.

Otherwise, I like.
[close]

- It sounds like there's also a harmony note on the second eighth note of each beat (i.e. when the RH dips down). You could make the LH play these notes (with the same up-down-up contour as the RH), though I'm guessing they were cut for playability? Still, since there are only two voices and this track is short, I don't think it would be too hard at all.

[close]

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 15, 2020, 10:56:35 AM- it's actually a pair of 16ths, I moved the second one up to match beat 3. I'll change it to an 8th unless you'd rather have both 16ths on the C
o I didn't realize it was two 16ths. In that case you can pick whichever one you like better.

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 15, 2020, 10:56:35 AM- did this, but left the B flat as a note of its own, as I was worried that might be too big of a leap. Thoughts?
Yeah, good call.

I'll accept once you let me know if you want to keep the C as an 8th note or not.
[close]

- You might consider making the first note in m1 LH beat 1 a low F since the C isn't playing there yet.
- I'm hearing some additional notes in m5-6 LH:

I don't think playability is a big concern if you add in these extra notes, although I might consider removing the low F on beats 1/3.
- On the very last chord, it sounds like the G is an octave higher in the original. Perhaps move it to the right hand?
[close]

- Add a mezzo forte in m9 to cancel the mp in m8?
- The n in m17 seems to have been shifted down from where it was before.
- The space between the staves in the last system might still be worth expanding a little bit—just so people don't think those accents are on the LH notes or anything.

I will check this one more in-depth when I am less hungry.
[close]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mastersuperfan

Olive Ocean (Kirby & The Amazing Mirror) - Rubikium
New notes sound spot-on, everything sounds great! And yeah, the wonky articulations are because of Finale v26... I can tell that Finale v26 screwed up the articulations in the files I sent to you since your PDF is also messed up. Ignore them for now and we'll handle them in the end (unless you want to re-assign all of them yourself, lol). (I put a PDF in the folder below so you can see how it's supposed to look.)

Here are some files revised once more: Olive Ocean Revised (2/15/20)

Just a few formatting/playback fixes I made:
- Removed the redundant accidental on Ebb on m10 beat 3.
- Moved rests onto the staff in m10 and m15-18 since the other layer wasn't in the way.
- De-italicized the "Tap pen/pencil" and "Stomp" since I think those should actually be classified as technique directions which aren't italicized by default in Finale. My bad.
- Flipped the "stomp" notes downward.
- Added invisible articulations to Layer 1 in m13-14 to get rid of wonky playback (now the invisible Layer 2 is the only one that plays), though I'm not sure if playback was already how you intended it beforehand. Not that playback is a big deal, but let me know if there's some specific way you want it to playback (e.g. one of us can use full Finale to add hidden percussion staves).
- Changed the invisible measure at the end from a quarter rest to a hundred twenty-eighth rest (or a semihemidemisemiquaver, as Libera would call it) so that it doesn't affect playback.

One question I had was about Layer 2 from m15-21. It sounds like you moved the notes on beats 2.75 and 3.25 of each measure down an octave compared to the original. Was this to avoid it overlapping with Layer 1? Just wanted to double-check since I think it would be okay (but by no means necessary—do it how you want) to bring those notes up even if the layers overlap.

Additionally, you might consider raising the RH in m12 and/or m22 since it feels like the melody is sort of "ascending" up to that part as it builds up. If you wanted, you could also double the Db's/Eb's by an octave in the RH in m12/22 for extra emphasis.

Let me know if you have confusions about any of these changes and/or other questions. Once you're good with everything and decide whether or not to consider the other suggestions, I think that'll be it from me.
[close]

Static

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 14, 2020, 07:32:55 PMSpinach Rag (Final Fantasy VI) - Static
- m32 RH beat 2 should just be a quarter note, not two eighth notes.
- Have you considered notating the LH in m1-4 and m51-52 in treble clef? For that matter, you might consider putting the whole thing in treble clef—or if not all of it, then more of it, since there are many places throughout (esp on the first page) where the LH uses a lot of ledger lines. Also I think it would provide better visual information on how close the two hands are to each other at any given point.
- Completely subjective, but I'm not sure that the dynamics difference between m1-20 and m20 onwards is equal to two dynamic levels. IMO I think it's only a one-level difference, but it doesn't matter much either way.
- Done.
- m1-4 doesn't go any higher than other bass clef parts of the song, and m51-52 is a bit short of a section and not incredibly high enough imo to warrant a clef change there. I usually prefer to switch clefs when I go above ~4 ledger lines, so I don't think ledger lines are that big of an issue on this piece. Maybe that's just my trombone player instincts...
- I meant to have a mf at m5 but forgot to add it, so I added it.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 14, 2020, 07:32:55 PMLet's Go Down the Wine River (Super Mario RPG) - Static
- tempo is actually 127 BPM lol
- m8 LH beat 1 sounds like it should be a high E.
- m18 and m26 RH beat 4 Layer 1 should be an F, not a G.
- There you harmonies you could add to beats 2-4 in the RH of m20, m28, and m32. I'm hearing Eb's under all three notes in m32, and in m20/28, I'm hearing Eb's under beats 2-3 and an Eb and/or a C under beat 4.
- The RH harmonies also change with the eighth notes in m29 and m30. It might make sense to simplify or omit some of the harmonies in m30 for playability, but I don't see any reason not to include the ones on beat 4.5 of m29.
- Beats 2 and 4 in each measure in the LH all sound like at least triads to me. You might consider adding another note on top (e.g. add an Ab on top in m1, a G on top in m2, etc.) but it makes sense if you left them out if you thought the sound would be too muddy in a low register.
- For m8, does the crescendo mean to get louder for only that one measure and then go back to mezzo forte in m9? You have mezzo forte in both m1 and m9 so I just wanted to double check.
- Done.
- Done.
- Done.
- I would rather keep that part simple. In m20/28, it's a bit tricky to play dyads underneath a held note like that. For m32, you would have to move your hand farther down to get extra notes underneath. A lot of times my sheets can be pretty tough, but sometimes I would prefer to just have the bare essentials.
- I would prefer not to do this stuff for the same reasons as above. Playing dyad 8th notes at this speed is tough, especially when the hand is moving positions there and the bottom note would be repeated. I think what I have written is very comfortable to play, but keeps the feel of the original and has the same harmonies, even if I moved around the notes a bit.
- I would definitely prefer not to do this, the LH is already quite challenging at this tempo. Lots of big jumps.
- Yes. A crescendo doesn't have to always go to a louder dynamic. It just means that, while the crescendo is there, get louder.

mastersuperfan

Spinach Rag
I typically like to use 8va's/8vb's when notes exceed three ledger lines, especially when it's upper ledger lines in the bass clef (which I am not very used to reading). However, it's a decision that you've clearly thought about, so I'll defer to your judgment on this one. Approved.

Let's Go Down the Wine River
Muy bien. Accepted.

NineLives

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 15, 2020, 12:12:24 PMNow the staccatos I manually positioned in m45-49 are in the wrong places. Either you can re-position the Layer 1 staccatos to be near the noteheads yourself, or you can just leave them for now and we'll handle them later.
- For the last measure, I meant that the low G was the only thing I was hearing, so I would either keep the entire chord including the G, or only keep the low G.
- Regarding what Radiak said:- I checked out the first four measures and Radiak is right (except for the 1st measure where it's the 3rd, not the 5th, that's missing):
(That said, if you like the full chords, you can keep them since either way sounds just fine.)
- Radiak is also right in that, in the original, the bassline is an octave lower (starting from m5). Your call whether or not you want to lower the LH accordingly or keep it as is.
All right. The first few measures have the chords suggested and the LH of the last measure has the same chord as the fourth measure, and I'll keep the bassline as is. "Sweet Sweet Canyon" MUSX

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NineLives on February 15, 2020, 04:42:30 PMAll right. The first few measures have the chords suggested and the LH of the last measure has the same chord as the fourth measure, and I'll keep the bassline as is. "Sweet Sweet Canyon" MUSX

Looks great! I'll have another updater handle the staccatos and then this will have my approval.

One last tiny question: Should there be staccatos on RH beat 1 of m6, m10, and m22, or were those omitted intentionally?

NineLives

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 15, 2020, 05:05:10 PMOne last tiny question: Should there be staccatos on RH beat 1 of m6, m10, and m22, or were those omitted intentionally?
Yeah. Those were intentional. The notes didn't sound short when I listened to them originally.

mastersuperfan

Sweet Sweet Canyon (Mario Kart 8) - Nine Lives
Latios was able to re-position the staccatos in m45-49 so that's good now. He also pointed out the beamed eighths on m14 RH beats 1.5-2 and m16 RH beats 3.5-4, which look weird beamed together because the first note in the pair is the swung eighth while the second one is the emphasized note. In both cases, the second note has been changed to a staccato'd quarter note, if that's all right with you. The updated MUSX is in the "Checked Once" folder, and you can also find a copy of it here: MUSX

With that, I approve this sheet.
[close]

Peanut Plains (Kirby Super Star) - Yug Guy
- RH beat 4 of m25 should be a dotted eighth - sixteenth rhythm, instead of two eighth notes.
- For m3-4, I think the main problem with it is that those jumps are really big for such a short period of time, so something like this would be much easier:

- I would also recommend something like this for m1-2 because I think that re-articulating the same note on in a 16th-note span is quite hard when playing dyads and doesn't add that much IMO:

- You might also consider raising the D on beat 1.75 in m4 LH by an octave, and/or modifying the consecutive 16ths in m26 LH beat 4, because consecutive 16ths are really hard to play with just the pinky. Haven't played piano in a while, though, so you might disagree.
- Nitpick, but I'm used to seeing the segno (m5) directly above the barline.
- I would personally notate the D in m26 as a half note just because it looks cleaner and doesn't make things more confusing by not showing beat 3. Matter of preference.
EDIT: I would also move the "& Dan Miyakawa" down to the next line so the "Composition by" text isn't so far under the title/subtitle.

Everything else checks out.
[close]

Greg

Files for Yoob's Belly updated per feedback from Latios.
MUSXMUSMIDPDF

Latios212

Frozen Pizza and Eggs (Shane's Theme) - Code_Name_Geek
Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on February 14, 2020, 09:24:59 PM- Somehow those dyads escaped my ears completely when I did this, but they're in now and it sounds a lot fuller! Thanks!
- Fixed the flipped stems.
- I also tried to align the dynamics better in the first 8 bars; let me know if anything looks off there.

Updated files:
[MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [MIDI]
Okay, awesome! All looks good. Accepting :)
[close]
Spinach Rag - Static
This looks great! Definitely got distracted by Tom Brier's cover while looking at this one...
[close]
Funny Funny (The Kitchen of Danger) - Static
Treat Land - Rubikium
Quote from: Rubikium on February 15, 2020, 12:34:03 AMUpdated Files:
Treat Land (ver03)
Cool, looks pretty good - a few of the harmonies in the latter section were missing or slightly off though. Here's a file with some slight adjustments, as well as slight adjustments to the spacing of the staves, a dynamic, and for some reason the text was small on page 2. If this all looks good to you, I'll approve!
[close]
Yoob's Belly - Greg
Quote from: Greg on February 15, 2020, 07:31:53 PMFiles for Yoob's Belly updated per feedback from Latios.
MUSXMUSMIDPDF
Hey, I hadn't posted the feedback yet! :P It was about rewriting the RH so that the correct note is in the second layer and making sure it was more apparent what the second layer was.
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
vs
Spoiler
[close]
Accepting as it's all good now!
[close]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Cooking - Code_Name_Geek
- I think the dyads in m. 8 are like this (similar for m. 16 but might need some adjusting because of the other layer included)
- m. 11/15 should have Gb instead of Ab in the second layer (RH)
- Beat 2 of m. 20/28 has Ab on the bottom, not Bb
[close]
K.K. Salsa - Static
Looks great!
[close]
Vs. Squashini - Static
- The first note of the pickup in m. 4 sounds like B instead of C
- I'd suggest flipping all of the LH beams down from m. 5-12 to have a more consistent look.
- Is there a reason why beat 4.5 LH of m. 20/24 are different from the others?
Everything else looks good! (Though the B-C clash in m. 38-39 is really weird sounding...)
[close]
Large Fry Cook-Off! - Static
- New dynamic (mp) at m. 13-14? One visible to the player
- Courtesy naturals in m. 23/27/31/35 not needed
- Not sure if it's just Finale being weird, but in m. 53-54 the tremolo flags are overlapping the whole notes
[close]
Start & Coffee Break Music - Static
Looks great!
[close]
Meringue Clouds - Rubikium
Quote from: Rubikium on February 06, 2020, 11:24:13 AMMeringue Clouds
Playback: Should change to triplet swing
Got that. Also fixed an articulation issue in m. 10.

Aside from that, only thing I can see if that m. 4 would be better written in two layers to clarify what's going on in beat 1. If you're good with that, then I approve! (Files updated in the Dropbox folder.)
[close]
Under the Rotting Pizza - Static
This is a pretty cool song, and the end is pretty interesting haha. Looks great!
[close]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle