News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

GrodanGnaskar's piano arrangements

Started by GrodanGnaskar, January 30, 2020, 01:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrodanGnaskar

Here's the link to the MuseScore page: https://musescore.com/user/31797994/scores/5948073

There might be some inaccuracies as I'm fairly bad at accurately transposing rhythms.
Let me know what you think and please do critisise it a lot as I'm open to make changes.
I'll post it after I've taken that feedback into consideration.

About posting it, can I submit MuseScore files or can i convert them in some way?
VIOLA GANG

Dekkadeci

You can provide links to Musescore in your arrangement thread--I do, too--but if you want to submit anything to NinSheetMusic's main website, you need to convert your Musescore file to a Finale .mus file, a MIDI, and a PDF. Use MusicXML as an intermediate file type, and we have a template and program available to make proper Finale files out of Musescore ones at https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/forum/index.php?topic=10136.0. Making the MIDI should be easy from Musescore. Making the PDF is harder--I use PrimoPDF.

GrodanGnaskar

Ok, so I'm quite angry now because I converted it to a finale file but and downloaded finale. When I then went to clean it up it was all messed up so I figured that I could just drag some text and things around to make it look nice but no. Finale has mental retardation and won't let me do anything. It also puts dotted 4th's in the 1st voice inside of the non-dotted 4th note in the 2nd voice because they're the same pitch which is quite dumb and I won't use a program that doesn't let me notate correctly. You have the link to the MuseScore file. if anyone wants to convert it to Finale and post it feel free because I'm not learning a new garbage program when I already have one.
VIOLA GANG

LeviR.star

Quote from: GrodanGnaskar on January 30, 2020, 08:53:24 AMOk, so I'm quite angry now because I converted it to a finale file but and downloaded finale. When I then went to clean it up it was all messed up so I figured that I could just drag some text and things around to make it look nice but no. Finale has mental retardation and won't let me do anything. It also puts dotted 4th's in the 1st voice inside of the non-dotted 4th note in the 2nd voice because they're the same pitch which is quite dumb and I won't use a program that doesn't let me notate correctly. You have the link to the MuseScore file. if anyone wants to convert it to Finale and post it feel free because I'm not learning a new garbage program when I already have one.

It's well known around here that Finale has problems with importing MuseScore files, (or MuseScore with exporting Finale files). But if you want to regularly submit sheets to the site, I'm afraid you're going to have to become accustomed to using Notepad to format your sheets, because we can't convert them for you every time. I'm not arguing that one program is inferior to another or anything. I'm just telling you that NinSheetMusic has been primarily Finale-oriented for some time now, as it is a pretty old software (and we are a pretty old website). Something tells me we're in the process of making the site more MuseScore-friendly for visitors and arrangers alike.

No one's saying you can't use MuseScore, or that your arrangements need to be made on a Finale program from scratch. But for the purpose of contributing to NinSheetMusic, I think you could benefit from giving it a try. Plenty of others on here have made the transition just fine, or have even become proficient in both. I could send you a template .mus file to get you started?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

GrodanGnaskar

I'm not saying you have to do it for me. I'm saying I won't do it and if someone else wants to do it as it's less work than creating a new arrangement from scratch for a tune that probably will be created some time in the future. I won't be expecting people to do it for me as I'll probably just upload the scores elsewhere.

If I sounded rude and/or arrogant, do excuse me.
VIOLA GANG