Console: Nintendo DS
Title: London Streets
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: PokéMaster

[attachment deleted by admin]

PokeMaestro

Latios212

Apologies for the long wait on this one. A few things to start:

- It helps to link to a non-extended version of the original track to make it easier for people to check.

- Formatting. The PDF needs to be generated from the MUS/MUSX file, please see our formatting guidelines for details. But this is a pretty straightforward sheet, so we can get to that later after the notes and stuff all good to go.

- This piece is in E flat minor, so all the E double flats should be D naturals. Similarly, The B double flats are really A's (part of an F chord).

- Check your chord voicings, particularly inversions, throughout. Many of the triads you have are placed too low. It's fine to invert downwards once or twice to avoid interfering with the melody, but this arrangement right now has an overall heavier feel because of the low placement of the triads.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

^Everything Lat said, plus:
  • Remove the key change at m.33. The whole piece is in Eb minor, including this section.
  • The sheet is missing measure numbers.
  • I would either commit to 1 page, or spreading everything out evenly across 2 pages (something like 4 systems on page 1, and 5 systems on page 2, with rough 5-6 measures per system).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

PokeMaestro

Hi, many apologies for very late replies, I have forgotten this submission.

I'm in trouble, I don't can hear exactly to the triades. Can somebody help me please?

Latios212

They don't have to match the original exactly because they might overlap the right hand, but my suggestion was to invert upwards (place them higher) to make it sound better. Just looking at the first system, you have the chords mostly right aside from the spelling. Here's what I would suggest:

You cannot view this attachment.

Try and see how that sounds, and run through the rest and play around with it!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

PokeMaestro

It's COMPLETE!!!

Quote from: Bespinben on May 16, 2020, 11:49:20 PM^Everything Lat said, plus:
  • I would either commit to 1 page, or spreading everything out evenly across 2 pages (something like 4 systems on page 1, and 5 systems on page 2, with rough 5-6 measures per system).

Done ^^

Quote from: Bespinben on May 16, 2020, 11:49:20 PM^Everything Lat said, plus:
  • The sheet is missing measure numbers.

Added ^^

Quote from: Latios212 on March 28, 2020, 02:17:46 PMApologies for the long wait on this one. A few things to start:

- It helps to link to a non-extended version of the original track to make it easier for people to check.

- Formatting. The PDF needs to be generated from the MUS/MUSX file, please see our formatting guidelines for details. But this is a pretty straightforward sheet, so we can get to that later after the notes and stuff all good to go.

- This piece is in E flat minor, so all the E double flats should be D naturals. Similarly, The B double flats are really A's (part of an F chord).

- Check your chord voicings, particularly inversions, throughout. Many of the triads you have are placed too low. It's fine to invert downwards once or twice to avoid interfering with the melody, but this arrangement right now has an overall heavier feel because of the low placement of the triads.

All done ^^

One thing...

Please leave the H major where it is, it is a hard job to rewrite everything in this section, I have been working on the arrangement for half a year. HAVE GRACE PLEASE

Latios212

Okay great! Yes this looks much better! Almost there :D

Quote from: PokeMaestro on August 14, 2020, 07:05:43 AMPlease leave the H major where it is, it is a hard job to rewrite everything in this section, I have been working on the arrangement for half a year. HAVE GRACE PLEASE
Not sure what you mean by that, but we have a little more work to do - no huge changes though. Mostly small things, and I can help with editing the files if needed.

Without further ado, here's more feedback!
- Overall, run through the sheet and check the note durations of the right hand melody. The pitches are all correct, but some notes are held longer than they be should - for example in measure 11 the Eb on beat 2 shouldn't be tied to another note. In general, many of the tied notes don't need to be tied. Give it another look throughout the sheet first, and I can help make specific suggestions or adjustments later.
- Remove the courtesy flat on the Eb in m. 15.
- m. 24 should have F, not Gb, on the bottom of the chords.
- Don't change keys - keep the entire sheet in Eb minor (6 flats).
- m. 46 should use Bb as the bass and Bb minor for the chords.
- Show rests for each beat in this piece - so that means using two quarter rests instead of a half rest in m. 16 and 48, and using a quarter + dotted eighth rest in m. 48.

Again, if you need help editing anything let me know :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

PokeMaestro

Okay, thank you. I'm going to edit this prompt.

A question, how can I change the key without changing the actual note values, but only reshape the note values to E flat minor "visually"? You know what I mean?

Latios212

Yep, you can highlight the section you want to change, right click to change the key signature, and select "Hold Notes to original pitches Enharmonically".

You cannot view this attachment.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

PokeMaestro

Whoa, thank you very much, I thought I'd have to rewrite everything!!

So, otherwise I'm finished, is that it?

Latios212

Not quite :) (by the way, no need to ask if you're done yet - you'll know when we approve and accept the sheet!)

There's a bunch of outstanding minor formatting issues for the text, spacing, etc. There were also some clarifications we could make with the melody's rhythm and the left hand parentheses are in general not really needed because it's understood that the note will be re-struck if needed. Here's a file containing the fixes, check it out and let me know if everything looks okay: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0clk5slfb2fwl2/Professor%20Layton%20and%20the%20Unwound%20Future%20-%20London%20Streets.musx?dl=1

If it all looks good to you, you can feel free to upload it to the panel and I'll sign off on it!

(One other thing I noticed while looking over this one again is that actually the sheet should be in swing, but I think the current pattern suffices to show where the rhythmically emphasized notes are.)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

PokeMaestro

Latios212

Great! Approving, with the following note to whoever checks it next.

Quote from: Latios212 on September 05, 2020, 08:14:43 PM(One other thing I noticed while looking over this one again is that actually the sheet should be in swing, but I think the current pattern suffices to show where the rhythmically emphasized notes are.)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle