News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[NDS] New Super Mario Bros. - "Overworld" by LeviR.star & PokéMaster

Started by Zeta, February 02, 2020, 06:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: New Super Mario Bros.
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Overworld
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: LeviR.star & PokéMaster

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Just a couple quick (but pretty big) things to address here before we go very far:

- you arranged a piece from New Super Mario Bros. (DS), but submitted it under Super Mario Bros. (NES), a completely different game. Everyone makes mistakes, but just make sure to pay attention to what you're selecting when you prepare sheets for submission
- a much better title this for this sheet would be "Overworld", as this theme is a recurring one for many levels. Sure, the player first hears it in World 1 - 1, but it plays pretty frequently after that. Try not to invent titles unless there's very little source information to go off of

Here's the original (which you should always try to remember to post with every sheet you put out here):

I don't know if you need to delete this sheet and try again to change the game, but if it forces you to, go ahead. We'll just work on the same sheet in the next submission topic.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

PokeMaestro

Hello,

Yes sure. I corrected the first mistake with the wrong game before you published your message, sorry.

As for the title, I'll edit it right now.

Well, I don't think it is necessary to completely delete this submission.

Thanks for your advice!

LeviR.star

Quote from: PokeMaestro on February 02, 2020, 07:05:39 PMWell, I don't think it is necessary to completely delete this submission.

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure if it would let you change that information, but it turns out it can, good.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Levi, can you help out PokéMaster with this sheet as we discussed?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Working on it, will find time to finish it by the end of the week.

Greg

Regarding the title, my existing 2-piano arrangement of this is titled "Walking the Plains": we should be consistent here.

LeviR.star

Found a YouTube video with some soundtrack titles (not too fond of Bowser Jr. being called "Mini-Bowser" in some places):

Where'd you originally get that song name, Greg?

Greg

Couldn't tell you, my arrangement's something like 9 years old at this point. This particular title shows up in a lot of places though, so I'm going to assume I just googled it.

PokeMaestro

Um ... Okay, of course I'll change the title. Is there anything left to improve?

And pls don't get me wrong, I attach great importance to you making improvements to the arrangement, but I will not change it until the others suggestions have arrived too, if that is okay.  :)

LeviR.star

Hey, PokeMaster, sorry for the wait. I've had some midterms tests to do, and the updaters are preoccupied at the moment, but I've got the first re-write draft right here!

Here's the PDF.

Here's the MP3.

Now, instead of going through every tiny detail I altered one-by-one, I'd like to have you compare this with your version just so you can understand why I had to make these changes. Once you understand, we can set to work on finalizing this.

If you have any questions, just bring 'em right here!

PokeMaestro

Hi Levi,
thanks a very lot!! Well, you have already completely edited the arrangement. I am very grateful to you, but I do not know which will be the next step? How did you imagine that?

Latios212

Well, Levi helped you out with the arrangement by cleaning it up, fixing notes and formatting, etc. in order to demonstrate how this arrangement can be brought up to site standards. As such, the result is credited to the both of you

I would suggest carefully reviewing the updated arrangement that Levi has shown here (Levi, can you provide a .mus?). Once you've had a chance to go over it, you can update the submission with the file and Levi as a co-arranger if that's okay with you.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

PokeMaestro

Hi there, sorry for late answering.

So, I'm impressed by your work, Levi. I noticed a few small things to decorate or improve the arrangement.

Measure 1 : I'm pretty sure to hear an e' before the c'' first and not an e'' in in the melody part.

Measure 1-10 : an agitato??

Measure 11 ff : a leggiero??

Koji Kondo -> Kōji Kondō
Expression: "Presto (Half=100)"
Why did you use an alla breve instead of an alla semibreve (4/4)? I'm interested.
And do we now call it "Battle Plains" or "Overworld"?

Do you agree?
mus:   https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1FajSHP0DRUFNpbrVrb_agWhBRQCSwQfF
musx: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1HBP8XjCaoM-7kqBpceRVLn-rxFeLNA_r