NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Author Topic: [MUL] Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work - "Hard Rock Me" by Nine  (Read 159 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Hard Rock Me
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:47:40 AM by NineLives »

NineLives

• Lapras Lullaby
  • Any feedback for my sheets I'd gladly appreciate!
    • View Profile
    • Email

Source:
Credit to LeviR.star for help on the formatting.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 01:54:47 AM by NineLives »

Libera

• The Fastest
  • Updater
  • Ordon Overture
  • Triangles!
    • View Profile
    • Email

Most of my comments are about the left hand part as the melody notes look fine for the most part.

-Is there any reason not to make the first E chord in bars 1,3 etc be in root position?  The bass part is playing an E there so I think that would make the most sense.
-The F# on beat 4.5 of bar 8 and 12 should be an Fn.
-It should be a Dn on the bottom of the chord in bars 19-20, not an En.
-Again, I think that the chord in bar 21-22 should be in root position.
-Not sure about all the chord changes in bars 31-32.  I'm hearing them just as different E chords to begin with and later on it sounds like they restrike more towards the end of 32.  If you could have another look at this bit that'd be great.
-I think that we could do something more interesting in the left hand in bars 15 - 22.  You could restrike the bass notes as in the original or maybe follow the slow arpeggio-like stuff.  Try it out and see if you can come up with anything, because it moment it sounds quite empty compared to the original.
-The way that the structure is laid out isn't particularly pleasant but I can't come up with any alternatives that are much better so maybe we have the best we're going to get.  That being said, if anyone has any thoughts than I'd like to hear them.
-The 'to coda' I think is generally written with the symbol which I think is less confusing.
-I'd recommend a double barline before the segno.
-In terms of the overall layout, currently the coda is very squished and you have plenty of white space in other places.  With that in mind, this is my suggested layout:
Spoiler
[close]
-I don't hear the G# on beat 3.5 of bar 32.
-The pdf currently only has the second page on it for some reason?
-Double barline at the key change in bar 22.

Sorry about the wait!

NineLives

• Lapras Lullaby
  • Any feedback for my sheets I'd gladly appreciate!
    • View Profile
    • Email

Note changes and other small stuff has been fixed. I am still stuck on these two a bit:
-Not sure about all the chord changes in bars 31-32.  I'm hearing them just as different E chords to begin with and later on it sounds like they restrike more towards the end of 32.  If you could have another look at this bit that'd be great.
-I think that we could do something more interesting in the left hand in bars 15 - 22.  You could restrike the bass notes as in the original or maybe follow the slow arpeggio-like stuff.  Try it out and see if you can come up with anything, because it moment it sounds quite empty compared to the original.
On measures 31 and 32, those are the chords I hear, though, to be honest, I might just be hearing them wrong, but listening to the section from both the source and the playback sound very much the same to me.
For 15 through 22, I have just the bass part there. I tried to put the top two notes of the chord to go along with the rhythm of the bass line, but it didn't sound too pleasing and just kind of looked sloppy when putting in the tied whole notes there instead. It also looked sloppy to have the arpeggio-like section written on either the right or left hand in addition to their main parts. I'm wondering if it'd be better to just ditch the chords and stick to the main bass line for the entire piece.
Aside from that, my repeat and coda seem to have gotten confused when I was changing up the formatting, so I may need some help on making the playback work correctly again.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:44:06 AM by NineLives »

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 24 queries.