Console: PlayStation 2
Title: A Fleeting Dream
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

mastersuperfan

Great track, great sheet. A few things:
- m21 LH beat 2 sounds to me like a D instead of a C.
- m23 LH beat s sounds to me like a C instead of a Bb.
- m23 LH beat 3 sounds to me like an A instead of an F.
- m24 LH beat 3 sounds to me like an A (above the staff) instead of an E.
- m25 LH beat 2 sounds to me like an F instead of a G.
- I'm not a huge fan of the spacing on m17 beat 3, particularly how the half notes in Layer 2 are moved slightly to the left to avoid clashing with Layer 3. I think this is a case where it would be neater to just combine the half notes (Layers 1 and 2) into one layer.
- Pedal marking accidentally left unhidden in m7?
- The "molto cresc." in m5 is touching the arpeggio line and should be moved to the left. I would also move it upward to be vertically aligned with the piano marking.
- In m8, was it intentional for the decrescendo to end and the mp to begin at beat ~1.5? It seems like an oddly specific placement.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Libera

Thanks for having a look!

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 21, 2020, 12:38:28 PM- m21 LH beat 2 sounds to me like a D instead of a C.
- m23 LH beat s sounds to me like a C instead of a Bb.
- m23 LH beat 3 sounds to me like an A instead of an F.
- m24 LH beat 3 sounds to me like an A (above the staff) instead of an E.
- m25 LH beat 2 sounds to me like an F instead of a G.

While some of these notes are present, I'm pretty confident that in all of these cases I'm following the correct voice (I double checked them all).  Probably the one I'd be most liable to add in is the A on beat 3 of bar 23 but since everywhere else I've gone with only a single note on each quaver beat I think it'd be a little odd to change it in that one place.  Also, I wasn't sure exactly where beat s is, but I'm hearing both of those Bbs still as Bbs.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 21, 2020, 12:38:28 PM- I'm not a huge fan of the spacing on m17 beat 3, particularly how the half notes in Layer 2 are moved slightly to the left to avoid clashing with Layer 3. I think this is a case where it would be neater to just combine the half notes (Layers 1 and 2) into one layer.

I could do that but I just want to make it really clear where the melody is exactly.  It's a little messy but I don't think it's that bad and I personally think it's worth it for clarity's sake.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 21, 2020, 12:38:28 PM- Pedal marking accidentally left unhidden in m7?
- The "molto cresc." in m5 is touching the arpeggio line and should be moved to the left. I would also move it upward to be vertically aligned with the piano marking.
- In m8, was it intentional for the decrescendo to end and the mp to begin at beat ~1.5? It seems like an oddly specific placement.

All of these should be fixed now!

mastersuperfan

Nice. I still hear those measures the way I described them, but if you're hearing them your way I won't push it further. Just a few remaining details:
- It might be worth moving the Layer 1 eighth note on beat 1 of m6 a few pixels to the left. Not enough to de-align them significantly, but just so it's visibly clearer which note belongs to which layer.
- I'm not super fond of the major second on beat 1 of m31 RH. You might consider inverting the G down an octave, but that would result in a bigger chord that pianists without big hands would have to roll. Your call.

After that, I approve.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Libera

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 29, 2020, 10:45:45 PM- It might be worth moving the Layer 1 eighth note on beat 1 of m6 a few pixels to the left. Not enough to de-align them significantly, but just so it's visibly clearer which note belongs to which layer.

Sure.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 29, 2020, 10:45:45 PM- I'm not super fond of the major second on beat 1 of m31 RH. You might consider inverting the G down an octave, but that would result in a bigger chord that pianists without big hands would have to roll. Your call.

I'm not sure I really see the issue with this, and as you say it's easier to play this way, so I didn't change this.

Thanks again, and new files are up.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Libera on April 10, 2020, 12:37:48 PMI'm not sure I really see the issue with this, and as you say it's easier to play this way, so I didn't change this.

Yeah, I just meant it in the sense that I instinctively thought it sounded better inverted down, but either way works just fine. Approved!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot