Text alignment and page margins

Started by Latios212, April 24, 2019, 06:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Lately I've seen a lot of submissions with text boxes and margins all over the place. To keep things consistent, just follow these two easy steps!

1 - Set page margins
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
Select the Page Layout Tool, right click a page, and choose Edit Margins. Make sure "All pages" is checked, and provide some reasonable values. The left margin should be a bit bigger to allow room for the staff braces (and perhaps hole punching). The numbers in the picture are the ones I use and recommend, though other people may have different preferences. Just make sure they're consistent.

2 - Set text box alignment and margins
Spoiler
[close]
Select the Text Tool, right click a text box, and choose Edit Frame Attributes. For header and footer text all the H and V numbers in this menu should be zero. Set the horizontal and vertical alignment options as necessary. The above image is for page numbers; for header and footer text you will want Center for Horizontal and Top (Header) / Bottom (Footer) for Vertical. You can also set the alignment options using these shortcuts (you will also want to use this to right-align the composer and arranger text, and center the subtitle text) -
Spoiler
[close]

And that's it! Now all your text boxes should be snugly within the page margins, tangent to them, and the staff braces poking out the left side but with still enough room from the edge of the page.
Spoiler
[close]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian