News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Call for potential new site art!

Started by Latios212, March 23, 2020, 08:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Hey all! Just a reminder that you have a little under a couple of weeks to provide some art, though we could possibly extend that if needed.

Let us know if you have anything done or in progress :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Advos

oh I'm not actually making the logo, unless ppl think its good then I might
存在就是痛苦 存在は苦しみだ 존재는 고통이야

Maelstrom

Latios212

Quote from: KC Symphony on April 22, 2020, 02:08:26 AMHello, new user here! Are you still accepting new banner art?
Yeah, we are. I originally said we'd like to have submissions in by a month from the post, but we can extend that if we need more time. Are you looking to put something in?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

the issue with seasonal banners is that it requires a lot of art and right now we don't have any. Actually getting a nice and polished piece of art is the top priority right now.

fi_le

Hi again!
Quote from: KC Symphony on April 23, 2020, 02:41:54 AMHere it is! It's just a rough, but I thought it was far enough along to give an idea of what I'm going for with it. I tried pairing it with the art made by fi_le to show how it works with their idea, and I think it could turn out really cool! I have some rough designs for logos as well if people enjoy this style. Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

Yes, I like it a lot! (But it's not without problems, I think.) This would have to rendered as well; I fear that the details might become a little hard to make out, there is a lot going on not that many pixels. As I see it, the grand piano is currently see-through, which makes it a bit easier to see that Luigi is playing. How would that look like in a final version? Also, I'm not sure how the notes and the foot of the piano reaching out of the banner would work.

Again though, it's really cool and I'd also be interested in how you would design the whole banner! The idea of Nintendo characters playing instruments is a classic and it reminds me of the cover for the literal gold that is Turnabout Jazz Soul.
Oh, and can you show the logo ideas?

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 23, 2020, 06:44:33 PMthe issue with seasonal banners is that it requires a lot of art and right now we don't have any. Actually getting a nice and polished piece of art is the top priority right now.
Seconded! Again, if my banner ends up as the one then I'll surely find time to come up with some more stuff. Until then, I'll fix my poor broken drawing tablet :(

月を代わって、お仕置きよ!

Patram

Long-time lurker here, hey.
If you're still looking for small characters, would a Chao fit? Also, Kirby is canonically only eight inches tall, so maybe him?
Lookin' cool, Joker.

SirBone

I created 2 different banners:
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

The colors in the keys are supposed to represent different Nintendo characters. Try to guess them all!

I also made a logo:
Spoiler
[close]
:)

Latios212

Awesome stuff guys! I'll provide some more time for people to finish up/flesh out their artwork if needed.

Soon we'll look into the viability and scalability of the images as well as the possibility of having toggleable banners ...when I have time :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Thank you! Honestly these all look awesome to me and I really like them. The color scheme and little details for various series are great :D

I've compiled the image files provided so far into a folder here. Please let me know if anything is missing or needs to be updated: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wos6a98tgglutyf/AAAdRFtf54wx8hr-ETROQj2sa?dl=0

Now, a question for everyone!

What do you all think we should do with these submissions? I had originally thought of doing a voting contest with the winner having their art being officially used across the site and social media, but I feel like having just one winner does everyone a disservice since we have a number of great submissions! I really do like the earlier proposed idea that we could have the banner be selected by each user (possibly being stored in a cookie for the browser like the sheet sorting order) - that way they can all be used (pending work from the code monkeys to implement it). That said, there would still need to be a default banner for new users, as well as a single logo used for our social media accounts.

Thoughts?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I mean the default could be a random one of the 3 tbh

mastersuperfan

We could rotate through each of these for the main banner every month? Or, alternatively, with every update (which would probably average to around once a month).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

Dunno about the feasibility of this, but could all the banners be compiled into a gif that cycles through each of them as the default? That way new users can see all of them and also we don't have to choose which one gets to be featured.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Quote from: Dudeman on May 03, 2020, 08:25:27 PMDunno about the feasibility of this, but could all the banners be compiled into a gif that cycles through each of them as the default? That way new users can see all of them and also we don't have to choose which one gets to be featured.
I think that'd be disorientating if it was just a sudden transition. I'm thinking a bit more like the news on the forums. Or I guess some sort of fancy html(number here) that goes through them by fancifully sliding them with a "stop" button or something.

BlackDragonSlayer

This is just my personal opinion, but I think I like fi_le banner as the default theme, with SirBone logo as the logo, but I also really love KC Symphony banner 1 and think it could be used for a "NSM Night" theme of some sort.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber