News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Easiest songs to learn for a beginner?

Started by PresidentPoundcake, April 17, 2020, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PresidentPoundcake

Hey guys, first time posting here so sorry if its against the rules or something but:

Im pretty much completely new to piano (I've been self learning for the past week and a half and I can finally play Mary had a little lamb...so im not that great) but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for easy songs that I could learn? Preferably from Zelda, Ace Attorney, or Pokemon.

Thanks for your help!

Code_Name_Geek

Welcome to the forums! The first songs that came to mind were the ocarina melodies from Ocarina of Time, most of which are quite simple. If you're looking to try something with two hands, the on-site arrangement of Zelda's Lullaby isn't too bad either, though it may be little tricky if it's your first time trying something with two hands (nothing wrong with that though, it would be something to work on!).

Another thing you could do is look through some of the arrangements on-site to find some songs with simple and memorable melodies and just work on playing the melody (which is usually the top line of notes) for now. I did this a lot when I was a beginner and it's a good way to get more familiar with both the piano and reading sheet music.

Good luck with your learning, I hope you enjoy your time playing music!

LeviR.star

I've got something to pitch in! Try some of the Kirby's Epic Yarn sheets -- a lot of them were composed for piano, and ones like "Kirby's Pad" are perfect for the beginner!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

PresidentPoundcake

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on April 17, 2020, 01:29:28 PMWelcome to the forums! The first songs that came to mind were the ocarina melodies from Ocarina of Time, most of which are quite simple. If you're looking to try something with two hands, the on-site arrangement of Zelda's Lullaby isn't too bad either, though it may be little tricky if it's your first time trying something with two hands (nothing wrong with that though, it would be something to work on!).

Another thing you could do is look through some of the arrangements on-site to find some songs with simple and memorable melodies and just work on playing the melody (which is usually the top line of notes) for now. I did this a lot when I was a beginner and it's a good way to get more familiar with both the piano and reading sheet music.

Good luck with your learning, I hope you enjoy your time playing music!

Thank you very much. Unfortunately I think I may have gotten a bit ahead of myself as those pieces do look just a tad intimidating as well lol. I think I'll just keep going through my book for now and then hopefully I can play those in a week or two, haha.

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 17, 2020, 01:31:16 PMI've got something to pitch in! Try some of the Kirby's Epic Yarn sheets -- a lot of them were composed for piano, and ones like "Kirby's Pad" are perfect for the beginner!

Also a good suggestion, but I think I'll also try playing that in a little bit. Something tells me it's too soon for me to stray off  the path of "Alfreds Basic Adult Piano all-in-one" book lol

Static

If you're looking for stuff without a lot of movement or hand coordination, I got a few Zelda ones:
  • Zelda's Awakening from Zelda II; just a simple little jingle and only a few hand movements.
  • Time of Falling Rain from A Link to the Past; looks kinda complicated but the LH doesn't move at all (except for the last 4 bars). The two separate RH layers may be tricky but since its pretty repetitive, I don't think it's so bad.
  • Rainy Mt. Crenel from Minish Cap; pretty much the same as above.
  • Face Shrine from Link's Awakening; this one has changing chords every 2 measures, but the hands only move up or down a step or two. The LH part is pretty simple which makes it easier to focus on the RH.
  • Ocarina Melodies from Ocarina of Time; only 1 staff, so you can use both hands to help play some of the lines. ah this was already mentioned, oops
  • Clock Tower from Majora's Mask; There's a lot of changing notes, but the slow tempo and simple quarter note rhythms simplify things a lot.
  • Ganon's Castle from Wind Waker; this one is a bit more intimidating, but the RH and LH share the same rhythms so it is pretty quick to get a feel for it. I think this one is harder than the others anyway though.
  • Cave from Breath of the Wild; Dense chords, but at a very slow tempo so it's pretty manageable.
  • Both Field themes from Breath of the Wild (Day and Night); it's just 1 staff for everything, so both hands are free to play. Most of the little phrases are pretty simple.

Latios212

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on April 17, 2020, 01:29:28 PMAnother thing you could do is look through some of the arrangements on-site to find some songs with simple and memorable melodies and just work on playing the melody (which is usually the top line of notes) for now. I did this a lot when I was a beginner and it's a good way to get more familiar with both the piano and reading sheet music.
I also recommend this if you really are completely new :) there's a lot of great melodies out there that can help you learn how to read notes and rhythms!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

PresidentPoundcake

Quote from: Static on April 17, 2020, 05:23:06 PMIf you're looking for stuff without a lot of movement or hand coordination, I got a few Zelda ones:
  • Zelda's Awakening from Zelda II; just a simple little jingle and only a few hand movements.
  • Time of Falling Rain from A Link to the Past; looks kinda complicated but the LH doesn't move at all (except for the last 4 bars). The two separate RH layers may be tricky but since its pretty repetitive, I don't think it's so bad.
  • Rainy Mt. Crenel from Minish Cap; pretty much the same as above.
  • Face Shrine from Link's Awakening; this one has changing chords every 2 measures, but the hands only move up or down a step or two. The LH part is pretty simple which makes it easier to focus on the RH.
  • Ocarina Melodies from Ocarina of Time; only 1 staff, so you can use both hands to help play some of the lines. ah this was already mentioned, oops
  • Clock Tower from Majora's Mask; There's a lot of changing notes, but the slow tempo and simple quarter note rhythms simplify things a lot.
  • Ganon's Castle from Wind Waker; this one is a bit more intimidating, but the RH and LH share the same rhythms so it is pretty quick to get a feel for it. I think this one is harder than the others anyway though.
  • Cave from Breath of the Wild; Dense chords, but at a very slow tempo so it's pretty manageable.
  • Both Field themes from Breath of the Wild (Day and Night); it's just 1 staff for everything, so both hands are free to play. Most of the little phrases are pretty simple.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 17, 2020, 06:30:09 PMI also recommend this if you really are completely new :) there's a lot of great melodies out there that can help you learn how to read notes and rhythms!

Thank you both very much! I think ill have to keep going through the normal book-taught stuff for now but Ill definetly keep a note of your reccomendations and attempt to play them ASASP!