[MUL] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team - "World

Started by Zeta, April 21, 2020, 12:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Game: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Console: Multiplatform
Title: World Calamity
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bespinben

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bespinben

Notable alterations:
(1) Transposition of the ostinato, to allow melody and bass to be playable in original registers
(2) Omission of the whole note string pads
(3) Transposition and harmonization of the tubular bell line
(4) Omission of the 16th-note/semiquaver synth run in the repeat, substituted for an "mf-f" instruction.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Latios212

The real calamity is not having this on site for a decade and a half :)

Thanks for the notes on the changes, everything makes sense and checks out! Approved :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Looks and sounds great! Just a couple tiny things:
- I think the composer info would look better broken up into two lines, instead of being one long line.
- Would it be preferable to add a courtesy bass clef in the LH before the repeat?
- I'm getting a tempo of q=122. I know some arrangers like to round tempo markings to the nearest standard metronome marking, but I much prefer having the exact tempo since most metronomes I see nowadays are digital ones that can do every whole number BPM (and anyone who doesn't have one can just round to 120). Your choice.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Bespinben

Thanks~

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 10, 2020, 09:00:09 PMLooks and sounds great! Just a couple tiny things:
- I think the composer info would look better broken up into two lines, instead of being one long line.
I would do this if the text length were exceptionally long, and/or if I needed to fill vertical space. For this sheet, if I did that, I would need to push down the first system so that there's sufficient white space between the header and the first system. If I push down the first system, I would need to add space to the following systems to balance with the prior adjustment. If I add space between the systems, I would need to decrease the space between the staves with each system to compensate. If I decrease the space between the staves within each system, it would result in a lack of sufficient white-space between stemmed-up notes in the left-hand, and the downwards arcing slurs in the right hand.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 10, 2020, 09:00:09 PM- Would it be preferable to add a courtesy bass clef in the LH before the repeat?
Good question! Had to research this a bit. Seems Gould p.234 would agree with ya. I'll add that in 8)

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 10, 2020, 09:00:09 PM- I'm getting a tempo of q=122. I know some arrangers like to round tempo markings to the nearest standard metronome marking, but I much prefer having the exact tempo since most metronomes I see nowadays are digital ones that can do every whole number BPM (and anyone who doesn't have one can just round to 120). Your choice.
I like to round to traditional metronome markings (except if I know the user will be using a click track, as in the case of studio/recording session parts). The closest ones are 116, 120, and 126, so I rounded 122 to 120.

EDIT: Courtesy clef for repeat added now added in.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Zeta