News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Arrangements by 4-D

Started by 4-D, August 07, 2008, 09:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4-D

For whoever goes over these posts to put new songs into the site's archive, you can go ahead and post "Sad Spirits" from LOZ:TP as my first submission.

[PC] RPG Maker 2000/2003 - "Game Over (3)" | MIDI

[SNES] Chrono Trigger - "Guardia Castle" | MIDI
                                 "Time Circuits" (a.k.a. "Corridors of Time" or "Zeal") | MIDI
I've transposed "Time Circuits" from the key of A (3 sharps) to the key of G (1 sharp) and have decided to post the version with on part edited out for the sake of playability

[PS1] Final Fantasy 7 - "One-Winged Angel" | MIDI
(see P.S. below) (there are overlapping notes on the first page)(there are two key changes that I had to improvise)
                                "One-Winged Angel (simple)" | MIDI
Here is a simplified version (one that is a little more realistically easy to play) (also two key changes I had to improvise) of One-Winged Angel

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - "Hyrule Field (day)" | MIDI
                                                                "Sad Spirits" | MIDI
I've made a version of Hyrule Field (day) from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess that I think is more complete and accurate than the current version in NSM's archive. Is that all right?

Since I use the free version (Finale Notepad) with its limited features, I have noted things that I know will have to be corrected by whoever reviews submissions (I'm assuming they have a higher version of Finale that can correct these problems). With all of the songs, there are repeat barlines that I could'nt activate.

My collection of video game sheet music is getting pretty big now, even though I only (supposedly) print out sheets that aren't too difficult for me to play. I've just started making my own arrangements of video game sheet music, mostly of stuff that I didn't already have in my collection.

HugoMeister

Go to http://www.savefile.com. Browse for the file you want to upload, then fill in the information boxes and hit "upload my file". You'll be given a link. Post that here, and we can see your stuff. :P

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Davey

That or www.mediafire.com; I think it is one of the simplest.

4-D

thanks guys!

Also, for some reason, on my version of Finale Notepad (2008) I can't figure out how to get the repeat bars to work in playback (listening to the sheet music). Thus, one cannot correctly sample my MUS-based files.

Olimar12345

how the hell do u download ure mus file??

EDIT: ok, nevermind its working now ;D
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

HugoMeister

Oh thats normal. You can't activate repeats with NotePad. Post what you have, we'll fix anything if needed. :P

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

4-D

Please, someone check out my songs and give me some feedback!!!

MetroidHunter26

WOW the One Winged Angel was Awesome ;D I realy like listening to it!

blah54

welcome to the site 4-D!

your one winged angel (non-simplified) is pretty much playable if you ask me... the only problem is that you can't read some of the notes because of the overlapping of layers and there are one or two parts where you can not play the extra layers... bars 7-8 come to mind for me... my only question is, what is that bass note? i didn't bother to check, but you can reach that note on a piano right? those left hand jumps are downright unreasonable (with the low bass note), and if you ask me unnecessary, just boost those bass notes up an octave and then it'll be fine...

your hyrule field theme is good but that version was arranged using the incomplete mp3 of hyrule field... bars 45-(about) 63, is there really that much emptiness for that long?? bars 65-73 don't sound quite so epic, maybe make the melody notes chords, as opposed to single notes? and i would agree that your version sounds nicer and would be a good replacement...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

NasiDe

Aha! Finally! I've been waiting for this version for a long time. XD

Although those 45-63 measures are borring, blah54, that's actually correct. I think it's fine the way it is there.

4-D

Quote from: blah54 on August 13, 2008, 06:47:54 PM"welcome to the site 4-D!"

Quote from: blah54 on August 13, 2008, 06:47:54 PM"your one winged angel (non-simplified) is pretty much playable if you ask me..."

Wow, you're pretty good, I guess, then :o

Quote from: blah54 on August 13, 2008, 06:47:54 PM"the only problem is that you can't read some of the notes because of the overlapping of layers and there are one or two parts where you can not play the extra layers... bars 7-8 come to mind for me..."

Yes, I noted that, I think (no pun intended). I don't know how to fix it, though  :'(

Quote from: blah54 on August 13, 2008, 06:47:54 PM"my only question is, what is that bass note? i didn't bother to check, but you can reach that note on a piano right? those left hand jumps are downright unreasonable (with the low bass note), and if you ask me unnecessary, just boost those bass notes up an octave and then it'll be fine..."

That bass note is the lowest C on the piano. Leaving it there adds to the completeness and accurateness of the piece, I think. Like I said, it's not meant to be a realistically easy piece, but rather a complete one (including most of the instrumentation in the arrangement). Plus, it gives the song that ominous sound (the deep rumble of that bass note) ;D

Quote from: blah54 on August 13, 2008, 06:47:54 PM"your hyrule field theme is good but that version was arranged using the incomplete mp3 of hyrule field..."

Actually, I used two different MIDIs (three, really) to make this arrangement (from www.VGmusic.com!) and so, unless even between those two (I listened to all the others and they didn't seem to include anything I might miss) I missed something, this piece should be complete, although maybe spliced in the wrong order (since I was using two incomplete MIDIs and combining them). Actually, based on my exhaustive searching on the net, this should be the ONLY complete fan-based arrangement of LOZ:TP's Hyrule Field (day) available. :D

Quote from: blah54 on August 13, 2008, 06:47:54 PM"bars 45-(about) 63, is there really that much emptiness for that long?? bars 65-73 don't sound quite so epic, maybe make the melody notes chords, as opposed to single notes?"

Like Ganondorf noted, this should be right (although I haven't heard the actual song from the game in a while, just the MIDIs I used). I actually like the sound of this interlude. It acts as a break from the epic-ness of the song and adds some quiet contrast and nice variety.
Btw, I'm not sure what you mean about making the melody notes chords :P

Quote from: blah54 on August 13, 2008, 06:47:54 PM"and i would agree that your version sounds nicer and would be a good replacement..."

Thanks :) Does anyone know if the replacement can take place? Who's in charge of that? ???

4-D

I've been using Finale Notepad since the 2007 version and have had no problems. It's great (would'nt you agree?)

But, the "p (for piano, as in soft)" in the articulation tool (22) changed into some huge symbol and I couldn't use the "p" anymore. This seemed to be caused by using the text tool and changing sizes and using Maestro font, or something.

Anyways, I think this is connected to the real problem: Now, whenever I try to save a file, be it an older file I'd already saved before or a new one, two error dialogue boxes pop up. One says "Error 2 backing up file ______.BAK. Cannot find the file specified." The next one says "Cannot rename file." Then, the file I just tried to save is deleted from the folder it was in and instead there is a .tmp file.

Any idea how to fix this?

P.S. Btw, I checked and found that the "p" (22) of the articulation tool is working properly again.

NasiDe

Wenever it says it can't save I try using "Save As" and then it usually works for some reason.  :-\

blah54

Quote from: 4-D on August 13, 2008, 11:17:00 PM
Quote from: blah54 on August 13, 2008, 06:47:54 PM"bars 45-(about) 63, is there really that much emptiness for that long?? bars 65-73 don't sound quite so epic, maybe make the melody notes chords, as opposed to single notes?"

what i meant by making the melody notes "chords", is to make those single notes that make up the melody from bars 65-73, and expand them into chords...

for example, using bar 65, you could add a D or an F to the first note and so on... i just think it'll sound more epic/grand that way, but it's your choice.
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

4-D

::)Oh, Blah54, now I see what you mean. I was looking at the wrong measures. Yes, about measures 65-73 being boring, I agree with you. I think in the actual song it doesn't sound so boring because there is also percussion and the instruments playing are strings and choral, whereas on the piano you can't sustain the notes and make it sound quite the same. I'll see what I can do about that and consider your suggestion :-\. Thanks for the insight :)