[DELETED] [NDS] Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - "Jail of Jewel" by Atcero

Started by Zeta, May 11, 2020, 07:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Atcero

Here is the Musescore file unformatted with all the changes so far: [MSCZ]
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Sorry again for the wait... been super busy lately :(

Formatted .mus file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zk4l6ehqzok3236/Jail%20of%20Jewel%20%289-16-20%29.mus?dl=1

Some things that still need to be addressed, I think (highlighted where specific) - feel free to let me know if you disagree:
Quote from: Latios212 on July 12, 2020, 08:10:47 AM- Check the harmonies in m. 29 - it sounds like there are consistent parallel thirds here except for the first and last dyads. Something like this...
<snip>
Similarly check m. 31 - those sound like mostly thirds as well aside from the B-E fourth at the end - and take a look at 35-36 as well. (m. 37-40 look good!)
- The chords in m. 41-44 sound like major triads I think... C major, B major, C major, D major. Same for m. 45-48 except for the last one - in order sounds like Eb, D, Eb, F, G, A, and then for the last one only the top note drops by a half step.
- m. 69 sounds like it should be parallel sixths (B and C on the bottom). It also sounds like beat 3 is re-struck.
- For m. 71 I'm hearing something different - the D and C being the melody on top of D minor and A minor triads respectively.
- The last four RH notes of m. 74 sound like Eb-Bb-F-Bb
- Last three bass notes of m. 55 are all A
- m. 71-72 should have the same bass pattern as in the beginning

Oh, and in m. 68 there's a dim. that doesn't have a dynamic after it. As always reach out if you need help with anything :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

It's fine, I completely understand and I'm pretty busy nowadays too haha. I got it all updated with what you had bolded and I believe its all good to go for this round. Thank you so much for everything!

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Chatted with Atcero on Discord and we decided to archive this one for later, to work on some easier pieces for now.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle