[PSP] Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - "Closing Argument (Climax Reasoning)" by Static

Started by Zeta, May 21, 2020, 11:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Console: PlayStation Portable
Title: Closing Argument (Climax Reasoning)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Some things about the title:
- VGMDB has two English track listings (here); under "English (alternate)", the track is called "Climax Interference" which is a slightly different translation of "Climax Reasoning," more of a mistranslation I think.
- "Climax Reasoning" is a more popular title than "Closing Argument"
- I'm willing to change the title or add the 2nd one in parentheses if anyone else thinks so.

Bespinben

I would recommend condensing this into 2 staves, and to apply 8va on a case-by-case basis. This will help to significantly reduce the total page count.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

SlowPokemon

On Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, and in the English version game's actual sound test in the gallery, it's called "Closing Argument," so I think you should change the title.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Static

Quote from: Bespinben on May 21, 2020, 01:06:24 PMI would recommend condensing this into 2 staves, and to apply 8va on a case-by-case basis. This will help to significantly reduce the total page count.
Done. I only was able to trim off one page, but I think it's easier to read now.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 21, 2020, 04:08:05 PMOn Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, and in the English version game's actual sound test in the gallery, it's called "Closing Argument," so I think you should change the title.
I added the title, but kept the other one in parentheses so it would be easier to search for.

Thanks for the feedback you guys!

Maelstrom

hearing something completely different for m5 2nd layer. I'm not 100% confident, but I think it sounds something like this:

-I think the 2 8ths in b1 of m10 should be a 16th and a dotted 8th. I'm hearing a continuation of the rhythm from the previous measure.
-m11 b2.25 - dotted 8th should be a 16th on G# followed by an 8th on D#.
-I hear no 2nd layer harmony in m12 - but I do hear beat 2's 8th note being a 16th and a 2nd 16th on the D# again
-Same rhythmic pattern with the D# in m14
-I hear the 3rd harmony in b2.5 of m15
-m22 I hear this, messy as it looks:

-m23 b3- I hear the dotted 8th divided as a 16th on the A# and an 8th on the E below it
-I hear a downward motion from the chord in b3.75 to the 8th in b4.5
- M24:

-m25 - I hear a 4th harmony with b1.5 (D#)
-m25 b3-4 - I hear a dotted 8th-dotted 8th-8th rhytm here with a C#, D#, and A#
-m26

-m27

-m28 - I hear a dotted 8th, 16-tie-16, 16, 8th at a G#, A#-A#, D#, F# pattern
-m29 - no harmony on b1.75, and b 2.5 is 2 16ths, a D# and a D# an octave below (which is what is currently written)
-m3.75 has a 3rd harmony above it
-m30:

-m33 - the notes should be G#-A#-B - all a full step lower than they are now
-m35 - b4 is 2 8ths - a G# (written) and a B

-m44:

-m45 b2.25 - dotted 8th sdhould be a 16th on G# followed by an 8th on D#
-m70-71:

wew that was a lot

Static

- m5: I hear what you have on beat 2, but the G# on beat 2.75 I actually hear tied to beat 3 (the rest of beat 3 I hear exactly as I had it before).
- m12: I still hear the harmony here, added the other notes though.
- m22-24: I hear all these notes but they sound like they're from a synth part, and not the piano part I was transcribing. I'd like to just include the piano part so the 2nd layer is consistent, but I wouldn't be completely against adding these extra notes in if you think they really should be added.
- m25: I don't hear the D# on beat 1.5 at all, at least not in the piano part.
- m26: I hear what you have in that image, but with the A# and D# swapped. I also hear the E on beat 1.5 as 2 16th notes now.
- m27: I don't hear this at all, but I do hear an E below the A# on beat 1.75 so I added that.
- m29: I hear the D# an octave up now (on beat 2.5), but the octave drop I think is only in one of the synth parts, so I just left it as an 8th note. The 3rd above on beat 3.75 is there, but it's also not the piano part so I didn't include it. However, I do hear a B below the G# on beat 4.5.
- m30: I definitely hear the A# on beat 1, added the D# though.
Quote from: Maelstrom on May 25, 2020, 07:44:41 AM-m33: the notes should be G#-A#-B - all a full step lower than they are now
- Fixed (I assumed you meant m32)
- m35: I very clearly hear it has G# and A#, not B.
- m44: I hear the 2 16ths you added as D#s, and the tied 16ths as an F#, and the beat 2.5 as a A#-E dyad (which is also completely different to what I had originally)
- m69-70: I hear what you said for m5-6 plus what I said above, so I just changed it to that.

Everything else has been changed accordingly. Thanks for checking!

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

mastersuperfan

- Did you try out adding that weird synth-y repeating-note line in m49-64?
- I'm hearing an additional note in m2 RH (same goes for m65):

- I hear something completely different from both of you in m5! (and also an extra 16th note in m6) (same goes for m69-70):

- The D# in m10 RH on beat 1.25 sounds like a high A# to me instead.
- I think the extra 16th note D#'s you've added in m11-14 actually belong to a separate piano line. You can keep them if you want, but I'm not sure they're part of the line that you're writing out here.
- Beat 1.75 of m15 RH sounds like an F#-A# dyad, not just a single F#.
- Beat 2.25 of m21 RH also sounds like an F#-A# dyad, instead of G#-A#.
- I hear a D# eighth note on beat 1 of m31 RH (layer 2).
- I don't hear the G# on beat 2.5 of m31 RH.
- Layer 2 beat 1 of m33 RH sounds like G#6 instead of F#7.
- This is what I hear for m35:

- Hearing an extra 16th note in m41:

- End of m39 RH: I hear the A# starting on beat 4.5 of m39, not on beat 1.5 of m40.
- There's an extra B at the end of m37 RH:
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

- m49-64: I did try, but I would rather not add them in. I just want the piano part for this arrangement.
- m2, 65: fixed
- m5, 69: I don't hear this at all, except for the 16th note E at the end.
- m10: I don't hear this.
- m16: I don't know, but I think I'm gonna keep them.
- m15: I think it's F#-G#-A# actually.
- m21: I also think it's F#-G#-A#.
- m31: I don't hear this in the piano, but there is a D# in one of the other parts.
- m33: I don't hear this at all.
- m35: I don't hear this.
- m46: Added.
- m39: I don't hear this.
- m37: I don't hear this.

I think I got to everything. Yeah, I'm not hearing a lot of this in the original.

mastersuperfan

Hmm, I'm hearing a lot of the extra notes pretty clearly on my end, so maybe if someone else (Mael?) could take another listen for them, that might be nice.

Hearing differences aside, I have nothing more to add, so I'll approve this for now and let Mael give the final words on what notes may or may not be there before accepting.

Latios212

It looks like MSF and Maelstrom have given this a super close look already so I'll just give this a quick skim over before accepting unless there are any more aural discrepancies that need looking at. This looks solid.

- Pedal markings aren't all positioned consistently in the intro
- Do you want to have some pedal indication for m. 9+? You explicitly notate it in the intro, so maybe just a simile?
- Incoming ties in m. 52/55 need a bit of adjusting
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on June 27, 2020, 08:09:39 AMIt looks like MSF and Maelstrom have given this a super close look already so I'll just give this a quick skim over before accepting unless there are any more aural discrepancies that need looking at. This looks solid.
To be honest, the entire sheet is an aural discrepancy... Even just a quick look through m1-48 would be helpful, if you or anyone else wants to. That piano part is just really hard to hear sometimes.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 27, 2020, 08:09:39 AM- Pedal markings aren't all positioned consistently in the intro
- Do you want to have some pedal indication for m. 9+? You explicitly notate it in the intro, so maybe just a simile?
- Incoming ties in m. 52/55 need a bit of adjusting
- Fixed.
- There was a simile there but I accidentally deleted it, it's back now.
- Fixed, and m58 too.

Latios212

This song kind of gives me a headache... but I did a quick run through to look at the high piano part and it looks good to me.

I'll accept now :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle