News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

What do the bars by the songs mean?

Started by Videocrasy, May 22, 2020, 10:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Videocrasy

Hello, new user here.

By every song, there is a colored bar. Sometimes it's blue and full, other times it is green and almost empty, etc. I assume this is difficulty right? What is the key to this? Is the blue full one harder than the green empty one? Can someone explain this to me or link me to the answer? Thank you so much! This website is a great resource for music!

Static

Those are the popularity bars - they change every week depending on how many people download the sheet that week.

Videocrasy

Thank you very much for your quick reply! One more question, do the colors mean anything? So the emptier the bar the less popular it is? And the colors are just a nice touch I assume?

Static

Yep, that's exactly right. Blue/completely filled means it's very popular, empty means it isn't.

Maelstrom

Additionally, new sheets will start with an empty bar for the first week, as there's no data on them yet.

JacopoTore

What's the number of download per time relative to colors?

The Deku Trombonist

At the end of each week, the sheets are all ranked according to the number of downloads in the past week. Then they're split into 11 brackets and given a 'rank' from 10/10 to 0/10, with each rank having its own colour. So the top 9.09% get 10/10, the next 9.09% get 9/10 etc etc ... and the bottom 9.09% get 0/10.

So to answer your question, there is no set number of downloads to get into a bracket, its just about the last week's rankings.

A# Minor

... and i thought i was the master necro-bumper
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber