Title: Demo (Lip's Theme)
Instrumentation Piano Duet
Arranger: Yug Guy

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

Static

Just copying this over from your solo version:
  • You might want to make the 16th note triplet just grace notes instead, up to you though.
  • I'm not hearing any of the 16th note things in the bassline, even slowed down or an octave higher. It just sounds like a touch of vibrato on the note (which most of the notes have anyway). I would just leave them all as quarter note As.
  • m43 and similar: I would make the third 8th note just a staccato quarter note. When playing, it'll sound the same, but it makes it a bit easier to read and a bit less cluttered.
  • m43-50 LH: Sounds like there should be a C between the two Fs.
  • Copyright year should technically be 1995 since that is when this tune was written.

OK, new stuff:
  • Since there are two LH parts, you should specify that it's the Secondo LH you want lowered.
  • You might as well move those staccato notes in Primo m20 and 36 to the RH, since nothing else is going on there. It just gives the hand something to do and lets the LH stay in the same position for the whole melody.
  • Secondo RH m24-28: I'm hearing something completely different here... Beats 3-4 of m24 should be C and Bb (quarter notes). Beat 1.5 of m25 should be a C. m26 should look like m25 but with Bbs instead of Cs.

Yug_Guy

Static

Changes look good, just a few more things:
  • Quote from: Static on May 22, 2020, 08:02:05 PMSecondo RH m24-28: I'm hearing something completely different here... Beats 3-4 of m24 should be C and Bb (quarter notes). Beat 1.5 of m25 should be a C. m26 should look like m25 but with Bbs instead of Cs.
    Sorry if I wasn't clear enough about this part, but this is what I hear in the original piece:
  • Secondo LH in 49 should look like m47, etc.
  • That grace note in m4 would look nice with a slur.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Static on June 16, 2020, 03:33:41 PMChanges look good, just a few more things:
  • Sorry if I wasn't clear enough about this part, but this is what I hear in the original piece:
Nah, it definitely sounds like it walks down to Bb in m.26 to me. [/list]

Static

Sorry about that, my eyes have deceived me...
You're right, those are Bbs. m26 should look like the image above, but with Bbs instead of Cs. The rhythm you have is inaccurate.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Static on June 19, 2020, 06:32:39 PMSorry about that, my eyes have deceived me...
lol

Quote from: Static on June 19, 2020, 06:32:39 PMYou're right, those are Bbs. m26 should look like the image above, but with Bbs instead of Cs. The rhythm you have is inaccurate.
Fair enough, fixed.

Static

mastersuperfan

Good stuff.

- The notation of the primo RH part in m8 and m12 looks a bit weird to me since the two layers aren't clearly distinguished (it looks like a single layer with a random beam break). I would either show the eighth rest in Layer 2, or combine the whole thing into one layer.
- In m15, m23, and m31, the staccato'd eighth note on beat 2.5 of the secondo RH sounds like a C instead of an F.
- In m22, the secondo RH should have two half notes instead of a dotted half and a quarter (the C starts on beat 3 instead of beat 4).
- On m40 beat 4, secondo LH should be a quarter note G instead of two eighth notes.
- In m43-50 secondo LH, I also hear the C there.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 25, 2020, 09:51:25 AM- The notation of the primo RH part in m8 and m12 looks a bit weird to me since the two layers aren't clearly distinguished (it looks like a single layer with a random beam break). I would either show the eighth rest in Layer 2
In addition to this, I also changed the L1 note to a quarter note to differentiate it a little better

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 25, 2020, 09:51:25 AM- In m15, m23, and m31, the staccato'd eighth note on beat 2.5 of the secondo RH sounds like a C instead of an F.
I double-checked this w/the original sound files & it's played as I have it written.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 25, 2020, 09:51:25 AM- In m43-50 secondo LH, I also hear the C there.
Same as above. Also, Static reversed their position in my other arrangement.

All other changes have been taken care of.

mastersuperfan

Looking great, just one more thing I didn't notice: In m18 and m34, wouldn't it make more sense for those low eighth notes in the primo RH to be in the primo LH instead?

I also think said notes would look better unbeamed because they're not within the same beat (and beaming them as a pair makes it look like they are), but since you beamed eighth notes in groups of four everywhere else, that's up to you.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 27, 2020, 05:05:52 PMLooking great, just one more thing I didn't notice: In m18 and m34, wouldn't it make more sense for those low eighth notes in the primo RH to be in the primo LH instead?
I figured the RH would cross over for that one. (I did unbeam them, though)

mastersuperfan

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by mastersuperfan.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot