News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[MUL] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - "Heartbreak" by SlimyDinosaur

Started by Zeta, May 24, 2020, 10:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Heartbreak
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: SlimyDinosaur

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Not much for me to say here since I've already been through this, but I thought I'd do a final, slightly more detailed note check (not that I found much more).

-There's an F below the C in the right hand of bar 30.
-The first note of the left hand of bar 58 should be an F, this was probably just an input error since it's quite far off the stave.
-I don't hear the low Gb in the chord on beat 2.5 of bar 59.

Other things:

-I'd suggest centring the dynamics in bar 1, 17, 45-47 and 70 so that they're more halfway between the staves.
-You're missing a page number of the second page.
-The composer/arranger info, subtitle and copyright are all slightly misaligned.  The composer/arranger info is horizontally misaligned, the copyright/url is vertically misaligned and the subtitle is both horizontally and vertically misaligned.

Great work!

Latios212

Wow this is a really nice piece and a really nice sheet for it too ^^

Just leaving a few comments as I skim over it!
- The left hand rhythm in m. 18 and similar places would be better written using an eighth tied to a quarter instead of a dotted quarter (in order to show where beat 3 lies).
- m. 31-32 would make more sense as 4/4 and then 3/4 rather than vice versa (or perhaps both 3/4 with a fermata on the first chord).
- Half rests in 3/4 time should be written as two quarter rests (m. 50)
- Measure 62 should have a fermata in the left hand (on the half note) as well as the right hand.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlimyWyvern

Libera

Quote from: Libera on May 24, 2020, 01:03:30 PM-The composer/arranger info, subtitle and copyright are all slightly misaligned.  The composer/arranger info is horizontally misaligned, the copyright/url is vertically misaligned and the subtitle is both horizontally and vertically misaligned.

I know I'm being picky, but the subtitle and copyright info are still misaligned.  You can set the alignments to zero (i.e. perfectly aligned with the corresponding margin) by right clicking and clicking edit frame attributes.  The other edits look good though!

SlimyWyvern

How should the subtitle be positioned, then? If I set the vertical alignment to zero, it jumps to the top of the page.

Latios212

Subtitle positioning is fine as is in the most recent file. I think Libera was just pointing out that it needs to be centered horizontally.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlimyWyvern

I think we got it settled already. The alignments should be fixed, unless there's something else.

Libera

Latios212

Absolutely wonderful! Just one tiiiny thing - I think the fermata at the end would be better placed in the last measure instead of the second to last.

No other comments, will accept after the above :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlimyWyvern

Zeta