Series: Other
Game: Pizza Chef
Console: Atari 2600
Title: Main Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jacopo Tore

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

This video more clearly shows the entire piece (just ignore the talking...). Starts at 0:12.

• The order of the phrases is incorrect (the loop starts and ends in the wrong place in the sheet). You can hear in the video above that it starts on m7, and ends at m6. The bottom 2 measures should be moved to the top. This also makes more sense melodically when thinking about the overall melodic contour and the implied harmonies and cadences underneath.
  • If you would like, you can just have a note saying "sempre 8va" so you don't have the line across the entire sheet.
  • Measure numbers are based on the current sheet:
    • m8: F natural should be F#.
    • All D naturals should be D#.
  • The copyright info should have Bit Corporation in addition to Zimag, since they developed the game. The copyright year is 1983.
  • Norio Nakagata is an old Namco arcade composer; I haven't found any info on him composing for this game, and honestly I really doubt he did, considering the developers were based in Taiwan, not Japan. I think it would be more appropriate to just have "Composed by Bit Corporation".
Congratulations on submitting the first Atari sheet to the site! I can't believe we've gone 16 years without one...

JacopoTore

I played the game and it starts as I wrote despite the sense.
All D seem to me closer to natural than sharp.
The frequency is around 1201 hz.

Quote from: Static on May 22, 2020, 07:22:24 PMCongratulations on submitting the first Atari sheet to the site! I can't believe we've gone 16 years without one...
Thank you!

JDMEK5

Quote from: JacopoTore on June 08, 2020, 08:31:40 AMAll D seem to me closer to natural than sharp.
I'm inclined to disagree. While you could go either way because of the nature of the problem, my vote is for D#: if I were to just go to the piano after the fact to plunk out what I heard, both standalone and intervallically with the other notes I would be calling it as a D#. It sounds very E minor harmonic to me. Even after trying to listen to it as a D natural I can't shake it.

If Zimag and Bit Corporation are different entities (or at least even different names), be sure to separate them with something like:
"Zimag / Bit Corporation © 1983". Right now it looks like the one company's name is "ZimagBit Corporation".
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

JacopoTore

This is very curious! I thank you for the explanation! For example, I really feel that D # is "out of tune" ... more than D natural.
I wish I had an opinion from Latios212 on this.
Maybe someone can verify, as I made, the Hertz and check if it is closer to natural or sharp.
In this way we would all agree.

Latios212

Quote from: JacopoTore on June 16, 2020, 09:01:29 AMI wish I had an opinion from Latios212 on this.
Busy right now, but we have other updaters for a reason :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Quote from: JacopoTore on June 16, 2020, 09:01:29 AMMaybe someone can verify, as I made, the Hertz and check if it is closer to natural or sharp.
I do trust your call on this one; it makes sense to me. I'm just saying that to my ear it candidly sounds like D#, which harmonically makes works alright with the melody. D natural also makes sense, but to me it's definitely a D#. If you want to go with whichever is acoustically closer (measuring the exact frequency), you can; but to me it would be enough even just to go with what feels more similar. My vote is for D# but that's all. I'd like to get some other ears on this as well though and see what folks think.

But all in all, you are the arranger and I do think that counts for something. If you really dig your heels in and want it to be a D natural because reasons, I'm inclined to accept that. You've already made a great argument supporting the D natural as well.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Okay, just took a peek! I am hearing D natural as well...

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Lol alright then nevermind I'm pleasantly outnumbered. Go with the D natural then; by all means.

My Arrangements

Static

On its own, yeah it sounds like a D natural. In the context of the melody, it sounds so much more like a D# to me. The dead giveaway (to me at least) is that D#-C motion; in the original it sounds like an augmented 2nd more than a major 2nd.

But, scientifically, technically, theoretically... it's a D natural I guess. I'm fine with keeping the notes as they are.

In addition to the comma in the copyright info, the http should be https. Other than that, looks good!

Code_Name_Geek

Just to chip in on the D#/Dn debate, the sound capabilities of the TIA computer chip in the Atari 2600 was pretty limited in the pitches it could produce, and many of those pitches were horrendously out of tune. Since this is being transcribed for an instrument limited to tempered intonation, there's probably a fair amount of room for interpretation on the exact pitches. (There's a full list of the approximate frequencies it could produce here if anyone's curious.)

Latios212

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on June 16, 2020, 03:32:11 PMJust to chip in on the D#/Dn debate, the sound capabilities of the TIA computer chip in the Atari 2600 was pretty limited in the pitches it could produce, and many of those pitches were horrendously out of tune. Since this is being transcribed for an instrument limited to tempered intonation, there's probably a fair amount of room for interpretation on the exact pitches. (There's a full list of the approximate frequencies it could produce here if anyone's curious.)
Interesting to know, thanks for the info! :o

In any case... in the interest of getting this one accepted I'm going to fix the copyright info/text formatting including what Static mentioned above. This sheet's good to go!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot