News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Replacements Update

Started by mastersuperfan, May 30, 2020, 05:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

Hello and welcome back again to another special NSM arrangement project! This time around, the theme (as decided by you all) is REPLACEMENTS!

To streamline the process and organize feedback, we'll be doing things a little differently from the last project. Here's what you should do if you're interested in participating:

Personal Arranger Threads: This time, everyone will have a separate arranger thread in order to segregate feedback more effectively. Here's what you should do:
  • Create a new thread in this board (the newly created Projects board) and include your username/arranger name in the title (e.g. [username]'s Replacement Project Sheets). You will be using this one personal thread for the entirety of the project.
  • In the first post, maintain a running list of the sheets you have submitted, along with links to the original tracks (preferably via YouTube).
  • All sheet-related feedback and discussion should go in the corresponding personal arranger's thread. (General questions about the process can go here.)

Uploading Sheets: This time, all participating arrangers will directly upload and edit their submissions to the Dropbox folder. Here's what you should do:
  • PM Latios212 (via the forums or on Discord, Latios#8855) with your email address in order to gain editing access to the Dropbox folder.
  • When you have a sheet to submit, upload a MUS or MUSX file directly to the "Replacements" Dropbox folder. Replace the file whenever you revise the sheet. You will be responsible for keeping your sheets updated in the folder in response to feedback.
  • Do not move sheets into the Approved or Accepted folders; updaters will do that when necessary. (If your sheet is already in the Approved folder, however, you can re-upload any newer versions directly to the Approved folder.)

To avoid overlap between arrangers: Since we anticipate this being a fairly active project, please post in this thread which sheets you're planning on replacing, and check what others have posted as well. This way, we can minimize the incidence of multiple arrangers replacing the same sheet.

Deadline: We need to receive all submissions by (Saturday, June 13th) to ensure that we can check all the sheets in time.

Happy arranging, everyone!

DROPBOX FOLDER OF SHEETS  (view-only; PM Latios for editing access)

LIST OF SUBMITTED SHEETS (SPREADSHEET)  (view-only; maintained by updaters)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Yug_Guy

As some of you may know, I have a thread where I have been keeping track of NSM's, uh, not-so-good sheets ons-site. I call it The Great NSM Audit™. You can read more about it in the thread I made specifically for it, but long story short: the more cells vertically a given sheet takes up in the table, the worse off it is.

Here's a direct link to the table for those that want it.

With that said, I have a few suggestions of games that I think people should look through right away:
  • Dark Cloud 2
  • Goldeneye 007
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX
  • Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
  • All the classic Mega Mans
  • Pokemon Black & White
  • Sonic 3
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Mario Golf
  • Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
There's obviously way more games & series to go through, but this should get you started. Happy replacing!

Latios212

I have a bunch of miscellaneous things I either have done or would like to do across a bunch of the games you mentioned above, plus some others. I'll update this probably tomorrow with what I'm shooting for :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Right now, I have a ton of replacements I'd like to put towards the original Mega Man (which is in terrible shape), along with a few more from other franchises. With any luck, we can take the former right off the spreadsheet by the end of this!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

I will be finishing up the Super Mario Kart OST, except for Koopa Beach (if I recall, Nine Lives has an arrangement of it). I'll also be doing basically as much of the FFI through VI soundtracks as I can get to. I might do some other stuff, but this is what I'll focus on.

Maelstrom

I'd also like to tentatively claim:
All the Mother 3 songs on the sheet
MGS2 - Main Theme
I'll fix up my MGS1 encounter theme to be good enough
Catastrophe in Bhava-Agra ~ Wonderful Heaven
If I have time:
Smiles and Tears
Sanctuary Fortress
Mega man that's left over

Finished:
Pokey Means Business
Terra's Theme
Spirit of Avarice
Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial

mastersuperfan

I will try to get done as many Ace Attorney replacements as I can, unless there are any that someone else would like to do. This includes:
  • Cross-Examination ~ Allegro 2001
  • Maya Fey ~ Turnabout Sisters' Theme 2001
  • Suspense (lol)
  • The Steel Samurai, Warrior of Neo Olde Tokyo
  • Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2002 (Justice for All)
  • Cross-Examination ~ Moderato/Allegro 2007 (Apollo Justice)

Tentatively also thinking about doing (but may not get around to):
  • Munchy Monk 2 - Rhythm Heaven
  • Rainbow Road - Mario Kart: Double Dash?? if I don't do this someone else needs to
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

I plan on my sheets being all over the place... though most will fall under Super Mario and Pokémon.

Ones I already have done -
Pokémon HG/SS - New Bark Town
Super Mario RPG - Let's Try (on site as File Select Screen)
Super Mario Land 2 - Map
Mario Kart: Super Circuit - Sky Garden

Some ones I have already started -
Pokémon R/S - Oldale Town
Pokémon B/W - Battle! (Team Plasma)
Pokémon B/W - Icirrus City
Kirby Super Star - Taking Over the Halberd (on site as Halfmoon)
EarthBound - Because I Love You (on site as Love and Peace)

Some ones I would like me or someone else to do (let me know if you would like to take because I won't have time to do them all!) -
Pokémon HG/SS - Indigo Plateau
Pokémon B/W - Undella Town (Summer)
Super Mario Land 2 - Overworld
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Hoohoo Village
New Super Mario Bros - Toad House (on site as Background Select)
Super Mario Galaxy - Title Screen
Super Mario Galaxy - Toad Brigade
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Green Star (on site as World 1 Map Version #2)
Final Fantasy IV - Theme of Love
Radical Dreamers - The Girl Who Stole the Stars

Plus some other stuff from Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess...

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Here's a list of all the replacements I currently have, just so no one accidentally does them unknowingly:
  • Crystalis - The Great Pyramid
  • Crystalis - Leaf Town
  • Donkey Kong Country - Bonus Stage Victory Theme
  • Donkey Kong Country - Funky's Fugue
  • Earthworm Jim - Falling (Buttville ~ The Queen's Lair)
  • Final Fantasy IV - Battle 2
  • Mach Rider - Race Theme 01
  • Secret of Mana - The Color of the Summer Sky
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Endless Mine
I already have Mach Rider in my thread - I'll be going through my other stuff and fixing them up before submitting them.

NineLives

Quote from: Yug_Guy on May 31, 2020, 10:39:21 AM
  • Earthworm Jim - Falling (Buttville ~ The Descent)
Wouldn't that be "Slug for a Butt (Buttville ~ The Queen's Lair)?" That's the one on-site.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: NineLives on May 31, 2020, 10:46:51 AMWouldn't that be "Slug for a Butt (Buttville ~ The Queen's Lair)?" That's the one on-site.
If/when I officially submit it, it'll be under a different name then what's currently on-site. That particular song I've seen under a bunch of different names, so discussion as to its actual name will probably happen.

LeviR.star

Just gonna quote the lists from my recently-made thread, so anyone here can see:

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 31, 2020, 10:56:21 AMAnyhoo, below is a list of songs I have arrangements already made for, with the old sheets' PDFs linked. Note that the names used in this thread are not the given ones from the site, they're the names I'd like the replacements to have. There's not very many here because I usually submit the replacements I make right away.

Contents: 10 Sheets
[NES] Mega Man

Stage Select: [OG]
Cut Man Stage: [OG]
Dr. Wily Stage 1: [OG]
Dr. Wily Stage 2: [OG]
Dr. Wily Stage Boss: [OG]
Game Over: [OG]

[NES] Mega Man 5

Dr. Wily Stage: [OG]

[NES] Mega Man 6

Stage Select: [OG]

*[ARCADE] Dig Dug

Movement: [OG]
Start: [OG]

(*I plan to replace both of these with a sheet that covers the entire OST)
[close]

And below here is a list of sheets that I have my eye on, and will try to find time to replace before the deadline:

8 Possible Sheets
[NES] Kid Icarus

Title Screen: [OG] (Suggested by Latios!)

[N64] Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

Bumper-Crop Bump: [OG]

[Wii] Kirby's Epic Yarn

Prelude to Yin-Yarn: [OG]

[NES] Mega Man

Fire Man Stage: [OG]

[NES] Mega Man 2

Bubble Man Stage: [OG]

[NES] Mega Man 4

Drill Man Stage: [OG]

[GEN] Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Act 2 Boss: [OG]

[ARCADE] Ms. Pac-Man

Music from Ms. Pac-Man: [OG]
[close]
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

NineLives

Quote from: Yug_Guy on May 31, 2020, 10:51:10 AMIf/when I officially submit it, it'll be under a different name then what's currently on-site. That particular song I've seen under a bunch of different names, so discussion as to its actual name will probably happen.
I only bring it up because it's a completely different song. "Slug for a Butt" | "Falling"
I know these are the PC tracks, but it's the same for the Genesis and SNES.

Rubikium

I'd like to work on the following sheets:

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - The Grand Finale (on site as Final Bowser)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - The Grand Finale (Two Pianos) (on site as Final Battle)
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - Elder Princess Shroob Battle
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - Princess Shroob Battle
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Cackletta, the Fiercest Foe (on site as Cackletta's Theme)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Showdown with Cackletta! (on site as Cackletta Battle Final)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Green Star (on site as World 1 Map Version #2) (@Latios212 Could I take on this?)

Latios212

Rubikium - sure go ahead for Green Star!

For The Grand Finale though, I don't think the two pianos one needs to be replaced. Definitely the solo though needs to be redone completely

Spoiler
[close]
turtle