Nine Lives' Replacements

Started by NineLives, May 31, 2020, 10:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Diddy Kong Racing - Lobby Theme

- For the chords in m. 1/3/5/7, I'd suggest lowering the top notes from G's to E's - it sounds a little bit more like the original that way to me...
- I would suggest writing in the organ hits in m. 5 and 7. Something like an Em7 chord spelled as D-E-G-B
- For the RH in m. 9/11/13/15, I'm... hearing something quite different from what you wrote? Something like this:

You cannot view this attachment.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

All right, so the "Lobby Theme," "Snakey Chantey," and "Bonus Medley" sheets have been updated.
Quote from: Static on December 19, 2020, 11:00:40 AMSnakey Chantey
I am aware this would require major reworking of the entire arrangement, but I think the piano part would better if it was a lower RH layer (doesn't even have to be a 2nd layer, just add the notes to the RH melody). The piano rhythms line up with the accented notes in the melody, and there's spots where the piano is the only thing playing with the bass and you still have it in the LH (like m37-38). I highly encourage you to play around with it.[/li][/list]
I'll be looking over this a bit. I'll see what I can do with it if I can think of anything.

Latios212

Diddy Kong Racing - Lobby Theme
is approved

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Bonus Medley has now been accepted

Maelstrom

Lobby Room
RH:
m6/14 I don't hear any note played on b3.5 at all?
also maybe break the beams over rests where it's a note on b1 and b2.5

NineLives

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 20, 2020, 03:16:54 PMLobby Room
RH:
m6/14 I don't hear any note played on b3.5 at all?
also maybe break the beams over rests where it's a note on b1 and b2.5
Changed and updated.

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

Haunted Woods
RH:
-m8 b3.5/4.5 I hear a staccato A here, an octave lower than b3.
-m9-10 - Why even split this into 2 voices here when they completely overlap

LH:
-m13-15 - I'm hearing the 2 notes here as C and G, not G and D.
-m16 starts on a D (above the previous C) before descending d->c->Bb->a
m25:

The natural here means that you don't need the courtesy accidental in m26

That looks to be it.

NineLives

Maelstrom

Latios212

Treetop Rock
- mf at the beginning is a bit too far right
- Top staff on the last page is too high
- To be consistent spelling the tritone as a #4 instead of b5, Cb in m. 34/38 LH should be Bn and Db in m. 42/46 should be C#. Same idea for the last page
- m. 58 LH should have C# on the bottom, and m. 59 should have C# and E.
- The first RH Eb in m. 14 should actually be En
- Cb in RH of m. 68 should be Bb
- First note of m. 18 RH is Fn I think. I'd recommend spelling the previous F# as Gb instead

I got these things for you as well as the v26 articulation reset. The last thing is I think the rhythm in m. 51-52 isn't quite right. Let me know what you think about all the above.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

Quote from: Latios212 on February 15, 2021, 06:52:00 PMTreetop Rock
I got these things for you as well as the v26 articulation reset. The last thing is I think the rhythm in m. 51-52 isn't quite right. Let me know what you think about all the above.
All seems good. You were right, the rhythm was ahead by an eighth, so I moved it back.

Latios212

Cool. I also noticed there was a minor second at the end of m. 32 LH (C-Db) which I assume was an input error. FIxed that and the v26 articulations.

Accepting this one~

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Dino Domain
- First system is rather cramped. Would recommend making one of the later systems 5 measures instead.
- m. 4 is missing a melody A in the RH on beat 1.5.
- The left hand is quite... light-sounding with no bass. What would you think about using a pattern like this:

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Walrus Cove
This one's just like a medley of Christmas songs... haha

RH:
- I'm not really sure the two layers written in the intro really line up with what I tend to hone in on when listening to the original at a quick glance... but it makes musical sense so I'll say leave it for now and see if anyone else has any suggestions.
- Show the rests in the lower layer in the intro. The ones in m. 1/5 can be moved to normal staff height. Same goes for the part on page 3.
- Any reason why the melody from the end of 16 through end of 22 isn't an octave down like in the original? It would be good to contrast this with the other melodic line in 24 which should be at the height you have it now, and with staccatos. Same applies for the rest of this section.
- Beat 1.5 RH should be held over into beat 2 instead of there being a rest on beat 2. You could use a quarter instead. Same for 54.

LH:
- For the LH pattern at the beginning and places like it (up to m. 15), it sounds a bit empty with nothing playing on beat 1. I'd recommend trying out copying over the swung root notes you have on beat 1 into beat 3 to keep the drive going and seeing how you like that.
- Beat 1 LH of m. 2 is flipped. Same goes for a bunch of other measures.
- Measures 2, 6, 10, 15 - beat 4 in the LH should be the root note instead of F#.
- Second to last LH note of m. 4 and others like it should be Cn, not C#.
- Last three notes of m. 16 sound like E-Cn-C#
Make sure the above changes are implemented in each section they reoccur, since this piece repeats a lot.
- For m. 49/51/53/55 I'm hearing it with the root on beat 4 and the triplet going G-Fn-F# / A-Gn-G#
- Second to last note in m. 50 should be Cn instead of B. Similarly in m. 54/56 should be D instead of C#
- Getting this for m. 57 LH:

Other:
- You can make this 3 pages by putting 6 systems on page 2.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle