Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Bonus Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Flippy123

Static

Hey, welcome to NinSheetMusic! Great job following our sheet guidelines, most things look pretty good in terms of formatting. When submitting a sheet, remember to post some kind of audio link (either file or YouTube video) so that updaters can listen along with the sheet at a glance:

Some feedback:
  • Maybe it's just me, but I'm having trouble opening your .mus file, in both NotePad 2012 and Finale 2014 (full). I'm not sure what the issue is exactly, but maybe try reconverting the .xml file.
  • As you can see from the video above, this song is actually from New Super Mario Bros. Wii. As far as I can tell, there are no differences in composition between the two versions other than perhaps sample quality. This means the copyright year should be 2009. On this website, we prefer to go by the original game the song appeared in, rather than the most recent, because that can change at any time.
  • In the url, capitalize the N, S, and M, in NinSheetMusic.
  • Your entire sheet looks like it starts one beat ahead. If you listen to the original piece, you can hear that the downbeat of each measure aligns with what you have written on beat 2. Just delete the quarter rest at the beginning and move everything back a beat.
  • The key signature for this piece is D major.
  • There are a lot of spots where you have 16th notes on downbeats followed by 16th rests; these would be much much easier to read if you wrote them instead as staccato 8th notes. See the difference for yourself:
  • In standard x/4 time signatures, you should beam groups of 4 16th subdivisions together, even if there are rests:

I would get this stuff taken care of first before we move onto specific notes, since it'll be easier for us to talk once all the beats get aligned properly. Great start you got here!

Static

Bumping due to inactivity; also renaming the thread to match the proper game title.

Static

Static

I'm gonna go ahead and archive this one due to inactivity... Please feel free to resubmit when you have the time to go over the changes with us.