Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Trainers' School
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Radiak488417

[attachment deleted by admin]

Radiak488417

Some really weird chord changes/modulations in this one, if there's a better key signature(s) I could implement let me know. Also,
Quote from: Radiak488417 on June 26, 2020, 10:32:25 PMThe swing text doesn't work because Notepad, so if someone could fix that for me I'd appreciate it.

Radiak488417

Updated with fixes to the LH in measures 1-3 and some miscellaneous stem directions.

Latios212

Fixed the swing playback and margins and stuff! Also the game title.

Looks good overall :) Feedback for you:
- Needs opening dynamic
- m. 5 bass beat 2.5 sounds like An rather than A#
- Not sure about the first chord in m. 8 - maybe sounds like an E# in the middle instead of F#?
- Might want a courtesy natural on the upper E in beat 2 in m. 9
- m. 11's a bit weird but I think it would be better with Fn's all around
- m. 13 last chord in RH - maybe add a C#?
- Staccato on the first chord in m. 16?
- m. 18 beat 2 - make it an octave in RH perhaps?
- I wouldn't say staccatos on the offbeat swing notes (like in m. 25/27) are super necessary since they're already a shorter duration due to the swing, but up to you if you wanna keep.

Also, I honestly don't know what to do with the key signature here so I'll need someone else's help on that lol
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Radiak488417

Quote from: Latios212 on July 25, 2020, 08:30:40 AM- Might want a courtesy natural on the upper E in beat 2 in m. 9
Can't do it, thanks NotePad...

Quote from: Latios212 on July 25, 2020, 08:30:40 AM- Staccato on the first chord in m. 16?
I tried this and I don't think it sounds quite right, the melody instrument in the original has some reverb on it and I feel that a non-staccato quarter note emulates it best.

Quote from: Latios212 on July 25, 2020, 08:30:40 AM- I wouldn't say staccatos on the offbeat swing notes (like in m. 25/27) are super necessary since they're already a shorter duration due to the swing, but up to you if you wanna keep.
I agree about 25-27, since it's the same note being rearticulated, but I think I'd like to keep them as is for the rest of the sheet.

Added everything else, including the opening dynamic (needs spacing now). Something I forgot to mention is that I had aligned the triplets to the swing 8ths in MuseScore but the import screwed it up.

Latios212

Ok, got the courtesy natural and swung eighth/triplet alignment :)

Everything else looks good - though I noticed you have the staccato in m. 16 despite your above comment. Let me know if you intended to remove it.

Anyway, I approve, again with the caveat that someone else checks the keysig before accepting.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Follow-up to the above: Spoke to Deku and using the keys of F# and C make more sense than B and G - the tonal centers in m. 8 and 24 seem relatively more stable. Also adjusted a couple of spellings (like Eb>D# in m. 17 RH) and removed the staccato mentioned above.

This one now gets my full approval :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

What a nice little song, and a fantastic arrangement to go wtih it. accepted

Zeta