Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sidon327

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sidon327

Regular:

Rain:

Snow:

Sidon327

This sheet is missing the snowy version because I'm having trouble figuring out how a pianist could play up in the glockenspiel's range. Let me know what your ideas are!  :D

Zeila

Yay more ACNH stuff :3

Regular
- why 4/4 with a half note tempo marking?
- some notes sound like they shouldn't be staccato'd. since most of them are repeating, the ones I have in mind are:
   - m1/5/13/etc. beat 2
   - m2 beat 4.5
   - m12/30 LH no staccatos in either notes
   - m37 beat 4
   - m9/23/27 beat 1.5 sounds like it should be a dotted quarter note instead
- every measure with a dotted half note chord followed by a quarter note chord sounds like they should be separated; I recommend just changing the dotted half notes to half notes + quarter rests
- m11 LH should be raised an octave, and maybe you could still add a C in the RH but it's understandable if you want to omit that
- m12 RH missing F
- m13/31 RH there's a missing G in that chord below the C that the LH could play if you want to include it
- m14/32 LH to get the full guitar chord you could add octaves here
- m15/33 RH missing F natural in the last chord (and Bb too but that's a larger gap)
- m20 LH the eighth notes should be A-B-F instead of B-C-F
- m22 LH sounds like C instead of C#
- m30 should be C-C# instead of C#-D just like m12
- m31 LH copy/paste error, beat 4 should be an A too but an octave lower
- m35 RH missing D in that chord (in the middle)
- m36 beat 4/m37 beat 1 LH should be G-A instead of A-B

Rainy
the same feedback generally goes for the Rainy version, but there are a few extra things:
- in this one you can actually include the Bb in the last chord of m53/71
- m56 LH copy/paste error presumably, it actually is playing something (which is the same thing as m50)
- m69 LH beats 3 and 4 sound like C-A instead of A-B
- m74 beat 4 should be G-G# (eighth notes, no staccatos) and m75 beat 1 should be A
- m75 beat 4 shouldn't have a grace note

Snowy
Hmm, you could just write a note saying to play the rainy version up an octave, or you could have the LH take more of the chords and raise the melody up an octave whenever the glockenspiel plays. The only difference between the snowy and rainy versions aside from instrumentation seems to be m65. Here's an example of how you can transform the Rainy part to Snowy:
Spoiler
[close]

Static

First of all, thanks for including the rainy and snowy variations. Many AC sheets we have right now don't have them, but it really should be the standard.

I don't have much else to say:
  • The key should be D major technically.
  • m20: The music shouldn't go below where the copyright text starts, so maybe decrease the spacing a bit between systems.
  • m36 LH beat 4: This should be 2 8th notes (G and G#).
  • m38 LH beat 3-4: I would add some extra grace notes or something here to approximate the original bass part instead of just a half note.
  • If you are going to include the extra Snowy differences that Zeila pointed out, then make a separate section just for the Snowy variation.
  • If you aren't going to include the Snowy version in its own section, then change "Rainy" to "Rainy/Snowy", and insert a page break or something, or start it on a new system, just anything to fill out page 4. It's generally not desirable to just have pages partially filled, especially if its just one or two lines.
  • Titles/page numbers are outside the margins.

Static

Static

Sidon327

I apologize for the lack of activity in the last few months. I have been having computer issues running Finale, and also with my university semester starting a couple months ago I have had minimal time. I will try to get those changes in as soon as I can get Finale working again!

Sidon327

Hello! I finally got around to making those edits to this sheet (sorry it took so long!). The only one I was confused about was fitting the page numbers into the margin, how should I go about doing that? Thanks! :D

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sidon327

Just made that fix, thanks! :)

Also, I was thinking about putting in some of those hi-hat fills as "X" noteheads in places like measures 17 and 18 and put a note that says something like, "tap the side of the piano". Is that something that would be appropriate for an arrangement like this? Thanks!

Static

Quote from: Sidon327 on January 02, 2021, 10:17:48 AMAlso, I was thinking about putting in some of those hi-hat fills as "X" noteheads in places like measures 17 and 18 and put a note that says something like, "tap the side of the piano". Is that something that would be appropriate for an arrangement like this? Thanks!
Yeah, definitely. I've done that more than a few times on my sheets. Check out this and this for some examples if you want. There's not really any rules on how you should write out percussion parts, just do what you think makes the most sense.

The only other thing I have to say is that the grace notes in m25/37/63 should be written as sharps like you have elsewhere in the sheet. Looks great otherwise.

Static

Latios212

- Staccatos should be centered around the noteheads rather than the stems
- m. 11 LH should have a Cn above the F#
- In the rolled chord from m. 15-16, how about adding a Bb below? It's not part of the initially rolled chord but the harmony is underneath there and it fills out the chord a bit better. Same for 33. (It looks like you included that Bb in the other variations :P)
- I'd suggest unbeaming beats 3-4 in places like m. 20, 21. Same for those places in the other variations
- I don't hear the percussive parts in the rainy or snowy version
- Some of the LH eighth notes sound straight rather than swung to me. These include m. 2 beat 4 and m. 9 beat 1, among others (maybe m. 4 beat 3?). Could you give them a check?
- Subsequent page headers are too high

Quote from: Static on July 30, 2020, 05:28:35 PMm38 LH beat 3-4: I would add some extra grace notes or something here to approximate the original bass part instead of just a half note.
I think this is a bit misleading though - the note starts on and sustains a Fn for at least a quarter note before bending up and down a bit to the F#.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle