News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [GEN] Sonic 3D Blast - "Boss 2" by Stell

Started by Zeta, July 07, 2020, 09:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Sonic
Game: Sonic 3D Blast
Console: Sega Genesis
Title: Boss 2
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Stell

Static

Welcome to NinSheetMusic! For next time, remember to provide an audio link to the original track, since this makes it easier to check at a glance:

• Because the Genesis and Saturn versions have 2 separate OSTs, and because browsing the website doesn't show the console of each game, the game title should probably be changed to "Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)", as you have it written on the sheet. You can change the game title in the NSM panel.
  • Actually don't do that, instead just remove the (Genesis) part from the title on the sheet.
  • The developers, Traveller's Tales and Sonic team, should be added to the copyright info along with Sega.
  • The key signature should be C minor.
  • 8va clefs are generally not used in piano music. Instead use a normal bass clef and write in "LH sempre 8va" or similar under the staff.
  • If two different melodic lines follow different rhythms, split them up like you did in m7-9. It looks like you just gave up after that point.
  • m9: Beat 1 in Layer 2 RH should be aligned with Layer 1.
  • m9: The Gbs should actually be F#s (this is a D7#9 chord); because there are both F#s and F naturals, put a courtesy accidental on the F naturals.
  • All Cbs should be B naturals because they are part of G major chords (G-B-D).
  • You don't need a repeat message at the end, it's kind of a given due to the looping nature of most game music.
  • By adjusting spacing and other parameters, you should be able to fit this nicely on just one page.

I'm not sure if you have NotePad or not, so if you can't make any of these changes let me know.

diceLibrarian

Dead memes are my blood

Static

Since you won't be able to work on this until the end of the year, I'm going to archive this for now. You can resubmit when you're able to work on it.