Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Forest
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Pianoj10

Static

Hey, welcome to NinSheetMusic! For the future, remember to post an audio link to the original song as the first post to the topic (no worries if you didn't know!). It just makes things a bit easier to check at a glance.

Alright, into the feedback now:
  • In standard x/4 time, 16th note subdivisions should be in groups of 4, even if there are 8th notes present. Here's what I mean:

It's hard to tell where the beat lines up because almost nothing is beamed together. In addition, the dotted 8th rest in the LH part goes across beats 3-4, which is not really allowed. It obscures where the beats fall.

Now that notes are beamed together properly, the performer can more easily tell where the beats are, which makes reading the rhythms less of a strain.
    You can create beams by selecting a note and pressing the "/" key; this should automatically beam notes together.
  • You have a lot of instances of on-beat 16th notes followed by 16th rests; these would be more cleanly written as simply staccato 8th notes. I'll use the image above as an example again:

This is the preferred way to notate these particular rhythms. I think you can see it's a lot easier to parse than what you have currently. This helps immensely with sightreading and speed of learning.
  • At the beginning of each LH measure, beat 1 sounds more like this to me:
  • m28 beat 4 should not have a melody note there, but it does have one of those "bah" hits; I'd recommend using a simple 4th dyad like in earlier measures.
  • The tremolos in m24/26/30 should be flipped upward.
  • In m23 and similar, the 16th notes that are directly on beats 3 and 4 would be better written as simply staccato quarter notes. When played, they would sound pretty much identical, but this small difference makes them easier to read.
  • m28: It's generally less desirable to have both an augmentation dot (like part of a dotted 8th note) and a staccato dot. It's better to have a normal 8th note in this case, followed by a 16th rest.
  • In 4/4, time beat 3 is typically always shown, unless a half note (not rest) falls on beat 2. This means that the dotted half rests in m1-3 RH, and the half rests in m6, 8, etc. should be split.
  • Tempo markings should be aligned with the left side of the time signature.
  • The "Bros." in "New Super Mario Bros. Wii" needs a period.
  • The url at the bottom needs a / at the end.
  • I'd recommend condensing the composer info into 2 lines so it doesn't stretch halfway across the page.
  • Page number and copyright info are outside the margins.
  • The measure distribution is kinda wonky; you have a nice 4-measure distribution on page 1, but then there's a system with only 1 measure on page 2. It should be relatively even throughout. I recommend an even 3-measure distribution since there are exactly 30 measures.
  • The system spacing is also uneven. It would look nicer with 5 systems on page 1, and 5 on page 2 to take advantage of the extra space (basically goes hand-in-hand with the measure distribution thing).

It looks like you use Finale NotePad, so I made all the formatting changes here for you. You should be able to address the other stuff with NotePad yourself, but if you need help let me know. Feel free to upload and use these files.

Overall, really nice start you got here! The notes are mostly correct, which is the most important part of course. But on this website we strive for sheets that look as professional as they sound.

Static

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

In the interest of spending our time helping other arrangers fix up their sheets, I'm going to archive this one for now.

Feel free to email; if Pianoj10 returns we can always pick this back up.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle