Game: Mario Party 4
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Fortune's Turn
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: cacabish

[attachment deleted by admin]

cacabish

Static

• If you don't want to beam across things like m1 RH, then you should split places like m2 beats 3-4. 1+2 8th notes instead of 3 together (or 2+1 like in m17). It just makes things more visually consistent.
  • m2 beat 3 LH: Beam across this beat. I'd also consider using a staccato 8th note on beat 3.25 instead of 16th note + rest. It reduces clutter.
  • Beat 4.5 of m13 and 15 doesn't really sound any longer to me than any of the other 8th notes, maybe put staccatos on them.
  • I would move all the systems down just a bit since there's a bit more space on the bottom, and then move the composer/arranger info down so it's not vertically overlapping with the title.
  • Tempo marking should be aligned with the left side of the time signature.

cacabish

Quote from: Static on July 21, 2020, 12:30:12 PMIf you don't want to beam across things like m1 RH, then you should split places like m2 beats 3-4. 1+2 8th notes instead of 3 together (or 2+1 like in m17). It just makes things more visually consistent.
I'm not sure if this also applies to measures m.13 and m.15 at beat 3.5 (with the three eighth notes). I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Aside from that issue, I've implemented all of Static's suggestions and updated the files accordingly.

Static

Quote from: cacabish on July 21, 2020, 01:39:45 PMI'm not sure if this also applies to measures m.13 and m.15 at beat 3.5 (with the three eighth notes). I don't think so, but I could be wrong.
Yeah, it does. Other than that, everything else looks great.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cacabish

Alright, methinks I got them all. The files have been updated according to your guys' suggestions.
Let me know if there's anything else!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

One last thing, Hudson Soft should be listed in the copyright info with Nintendo since they developed the game.

cacabish

Quote from: Static on July 23, 2020, 01:31:06 PMOne last thing, Hudson Soft should be listed in the copyright info with Nintendo since they developed the game.
Good catch! I had forgotten about that. :P

It should be fixed now -- I've added them to the footer text and the score metadata and updated the submission files.

Static

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot