News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[SWITCH] Paper Mario: The Origami King - "Musée Champignon" by Rubikium

Started by Zeta, July 26, 2020, 04:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Paper Mario
Game: Paper Mario: The Origami King
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Musée Champignon
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Rubikium

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rubikium

Need some formatting and midi playback fixes. Please take a look at the files here, to see if the Finale file could be adjusted accordingly.

- The pedal markings should affect the playback and should be invisible.
- The "con ped." directions should change to "con pedale" without result in pedal continuously held during playback.
- Similar change to "senza ped."
- Spacing adjustment in m.3
- Add courtesy key signature before repeat 

Latios212

Great job, awesome sheet! I love this song haha, been playing a lot of Origami King. I'll get to notes and stuff before making the formatting edits and such. Let me know if you need help with any of these.
- Rest in m. 4 should be at normal staff height
- I think the mordent in m. 6 would be better below the C# (so it's closer to the notehead)
- RH beat 1 of m. 9 should have an F# under the B
- Tie in m. 18 should bend downwards
- m. 28 shouldn't have a courtesy natural on the Bn (B harmony is already apparent from the beginning of the measure). Similarly, no sharp in m. 40
- I think the A on beat 3.5 of m. 41 would be better written in the left hand

Dynamics, I would suggest a few changes in this vein (feel free to take into account if you want, or not, this is just my thought after listening through a couple of times)
- p at the beginning (soft start)
- cresc to mp at m. 6
- RH p at m. 14
- mp at 18
- mf at m. 21 (noticeable change in tone from the previous few measures)
- dim in m. 23 to mp in 24
- (as you have it)
- mf as 40 (seems a little less powerful than m. 28 section)
- mp at m. 46

Oh, and one last thing for now:
Quote from: Rubikium on July 26, 2020, 05:22:49 AM- The pedal markings should affect the playback and should be invisible.
It's not required that the pedal for playback has to work perfectly, so we can skip over that part since the sheet music will look as intended. Unless you really want it to, then I or someone else can help out with it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Rubikium

Quote from: Latios212 on August 03, 2020, 07:51:35 PM- Rest in m. 4 should be at normal staff height
- I think the mordent in m. 6 would be better below the C# (so it's closer to the notehead)
- RH beat 1 of m. 9 should have an F# under the B
- Tie in m. 18 should bend downwards
- m. 28 shouldn't have a courtesy natural on the Bn (B harmony is already apparent from the beginning of the measure). Similarly, no sharp in m. 40
- I think the A on beat 3.5 of m. 41 would be better written in the left hand
All of above have been changed. The dynamic suggestion has been adapted as well.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 03, 2020, 07:51:35 PMOh, and one last thing for now:It's not required that the pedal for playback has to work perfectly, so we can skip over that part since the sheet music will look as intended. Unless you really want it to, then I or someone else can help out with it.
In that case, no pedals for the playback would be alright.

Latios212

Okay, great! I went ahead and updated the file with the remaining changes. With that I say this one is good :)

Let me know if I missed or messed up anything.

edit: added Intelligent Systems to the copyright
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

The opening tempo seems rather .... large. I can fix that at a later point though.
The "composed by" is large and unwieldy but idk how to fix it.
I hear an A# on beat 1 of m14 RH instead of the rest. It's faint, but very much there. Also, the courtesy accidental there should have parentheses around it because it's a courtesy accidental, not one outside the key signature.

That's all I've got. Comment on these and I can make any changes you can't and accept it.

LeviR.star

Aw, man. I wanted to do this one as soon as I heard it in the game. Sounds great, though, nice job!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Rubikium

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 08, 2020, 01:16:05 PMThe opening tempo seems rather .... large. I can fix that at a later point though.
The "composed by" is large and unwieldy but idk how to fix it.
I hear an A# on beat 1 of m14 RH instead of the rest. It's faint, but very much there. Also, the courtesy accidental there should have parentheses around it because it's a courtesy accidental, not one outside the key signature.

That's all I've got. Comment on these and I can make any changes you can't and accept it.
I have only added the missing note in m14. I'm not sure about the composer text myself. Listing the composers in three line might be better, but I didn't implement it. Please help me edit the remaining changes.

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 08, 2020, 01:34:12 PMAw, man. I wanted to do this one as soon as I heard it in the game. Sounds great, though, nice job!
Thanks for the praise! The original is very well-composed and I also love this piece since hearing it.

Maelstrom

Zeta