[NDS] Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version - "Lacunosa Town" (Replacement) by Latios212

Started by Zeta, August 04, 2020, 09:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Lacunosa Town
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

- In m6 LH, the lower notes of the dyad should be Eb instead of F. I'm assuming the F is taken from the bass but I don't think it works that well when the notes of the dyad are so close together.
- In m9-15 LH, where you have F-Ab dyads, there is actually no F in the LH, nor do I think it's implied in the chord. I think Eb would work better (assuming you don't want to use 6ths like the original does). Likewise, in the LH chords in m16, I hear Eb there instead of F. I think the Gb-Bb dyads in m10/12/14 should also be F-Bb instead (Bb minor chord).
- I think the LH dyads in m17-23 would be better written with all the notes in the same way that they are in the original, especially since it's a keyboard playing those parts in the original. Chords are Ab-Bb-Db in m17-20, Ab-C-Eb in m17-21, Ab-Db-F in m21-22, and Gb-Bb-Db-F in m23. I also think the chords in m24 LH would be better inverted up to like they are in the original track (Db-Eb-Ab and Eb-Ab-C; the Ab could be omitted on the first one since the RH plays it).
- In m23 LH, the chord should be repeated on beat 4.5.
- In m25 LH, I would suggest adding a Db at the bottom of the chords to give it the 7th chord sound from the original that's currently missing. (You might also consider inverting it up so that the F is on top, like in the original, but that's harder to play.)
- In m26 LH, I don't hear a C in the chords and think it sounds awkward alongside the C's in the melody. However, there is also an Ab in the chords that you're missing. (Same goes for the second chord in m28)
- Was the Ab on beat 3 of m27 RH omitted intentionally?
- The second chord in m27 LH still has a Db at the bottom. Even if the bass is playing Gb, I think it just sounds too empty without the Db.
- The rhythm is wrong on m29 LH beats 1-2.
- The second dyad in m29 LH should have Ab as the lower note instead of Gb.
- I would turn all the dyads in m29-31 LH to triads by adding notes on the bottom: Db and Eb in m29, C and Db in m30, Db in m31.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Hey, thanks for looking at this one! Sorry there's a lot to correct... and for taking a while to fix it

Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 12, 2020, 01:41:03 PM- I think the LH dyads in m17-23 would be better written with all the notes in the same way that they are in the original, especially since it's a keyboard playing those parts in the original. Chords are Ab-Bb-Db in m17-20, Ab-C-Eb in m17-21, Ab-Db-F in m21-22, and Gb-Bb-Db-F in m23. I also think the chords in m24 LH would be better inverted up to like they are in the original track (Db-Eb-Ab and Eb-Ab-C; the Ab could be omitted on the first one since the RH plays it).
My concern here (and for the LH throughout the whole piece) was difficulty really, the dyads I have written in are a subset of the harmonies that highlighted the notes not already present in some form. But looking at it again I don't really mind writing these in. It does sound better that way and it's not toooooo bad to play although the jumps are quite quick. For the last chord in m. 24 I'd like to keep the C on the bottom to prevent the chord from getting too high and so that the suspended 4th (Db) can resolve downwards to C.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 12, 2020, 01:41:03 PM- In m23 LH, the chord should be repeated on beat 4.5.
- In m25 LH, I would suggest adding a Db at the bottom of the chords to give it the 7th chord sound from the original that's currently missing. (You might also consider inverting it up so that the F is on top, like in the original, but that's harder to play.)
I wanted to prioritize the bass (not have it get lost under the chords). The major 7th sound is pretty apparent right now in m. 25 as written at the speed it's played.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on August 12, 2020, 01:41:03 PM- Was the Ab on beat 3 of m27 RH omitted intentionally?
Nope, I kinda just barely notice it's there... wrote it in

Everything else sounds good and I think I got all of it. Let me know if I missed anything :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Maelstrom

m10 b3.5 - I hear a Bb-Db 3rd here instead of the 4th. It's like this here and in m14, but not 12 and 16
m23 b3-3.5 - I don't hear the G in these two notes

Other than this, it looks great

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta