News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[NEO] Metal Slug 2 - "LIVIN' ON THE DECK (Stage 3-1)" by Static

Started by Zeta, August 04, 2020, 01:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Metal Slug 2
Console: Neo Geo
Title: LIVIN' ON THE DECK (Stage 3-1)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

-Bar 1 beat 2.75 should be a Cn not a C#.
-The A# on beat 3 of bar 10 sounds like an An to me.
-It's not actually a collision but you might want to adjust the first triplet in 20 so that the accidentals aren't quite so close to colliding.
-I'm hearing a Dn in the final chord of bar 24 rather than the Bn.  Not 100% sure I hear the Bn in the previous chord either, it might be a Cn.  (Same for 57-58).
-The E moves to a D# on beat 2.75 of bar 49 in the right hand.
-You could do some more moving between Gn and F# if you wanted to in the rest of bar 50.
-The top En in 53 actually falls down to D# and then Dn just before it does the graces up to the Cn at the end of the bar.
-Tidy up some of the ties on chords.  Particularly 56-57 where the ties are colliding with the accidentals, but also 58 and potentially others I missed.

Cool piece, nice sheet.

Static

Quote from: Libera on September 03, 2020, 01:48:31 PM-Bar 1 beat 2.75 should be a Cn not a C#.
-The A# on beat 3 of bar 10 sounds like an An to me.
-It's not actually a collision but you might want to adjust the first triplet in 20 so that the accidentals aren't quite so close to colliding.
-I'm hearing a Dn in the final chord of bar 24 rather than the Bn.  Not 100% sure I hear the Bn in the previous chord either, it might be a Cn.  (Same for 57-58).
-The E moves to a D# on beat 2.75 of bar 49 in the right hand.
-You could do some more moving between Gn and F# if you wanted to in the rest of bar 50.
-The top En in 53 actually falls down to D# and then Dn just before it does the graces up to the Cn at the end of the bar.
-Tidy up some of the ties on chords.  Particularly 56-57 where the ties are colliding with the accidentals, but also 58 and potentially others I missed.
- Fixed (made it a B# though)
- Fixed
- Done
- Added. There is actually a B there but it's an octave down (not played by the piano part).
- Added
- It does move between the two notes there, but it's more of a slide rather than a rearticulation. I just have the first Gn bc it was rearticulated there.
- Fixed
- Fixed; I also did this in m21-22.

Thanks for taking a look!

LeviR.star

Is the title of the song actually, "LIVIN' ON THE DECK" in all-caps? Or is the entire OST in one album all-caps, and this is just another weird naming convention?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Quote from: LeviR.star on September 19, 2020, 11:24:42 AMIs the title of the song actually, "LIVIN' ON THE DECK" in all-caps? Or is the entire OST in one album all-caps, and this is just another weird naming convention?
Multiple albums have titles in all-caps, and some don't include the ' after Livin.
- The original album has it how I wrote it on the sheet.
- This compilation (which includes the OST for Metal Slug 1-6 and 3D) has it just like the first album, but without the '.
- And lastly this rerelease has it without all-caps and without the '.

LeviR.star

Okay, I understand you wanting to go off of the original. I personally just think it's unnecessary to title sheets this way unless the song is consistently and explicitly written in all-caps (i.e. Toby Fox music). If it were me, I'd being going off of the latest official source, but again, that's just me.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

Quote from: Static on September 19, 2020, 11:05:39 AM- Fixed (made it a B# though)
- Fixed
- Done
- Added. There is actually a B there but it's an octave down (not played by the piano part).
- Added
- It does move between the two notes there, but it's more of a slide rather than a rearticulation. I just have the first Gn bc it was rearticulated there.
- Fixed
- Fixed; I also did this in m21-22.

Thanks for taking a look!

Looks good!

Since there are inconsistencies with their names on rereleases, personally I don't really mind about the naming provided that in future we're consistent.  Going by the original is probably the most reasonable option since it doesn't imply that we have to change the names of sheets once a new official renaming comes out.  Of course, there are exceptions when tracks that never got official names are given official names much later, but that's not what's going on here.

mastersuperfan

This is one heck of a sheet

- The tempo is closer to 143 BPM than to 144.
- There are a lot of places where the RH has a little neighbor ornament in the middle of a held note (e.g. m3). These would be cool to add, although they might also be a bit hard to notate cleanly.
- Beats 1-3.5 in m21/55 RH should be flipped downward.
- Any particular reason why the triplet on beat 3 is unbeamed in m20/54 RH?
- Dynamic marking in m21/55 is a little low.
- m21-27 should be condensed into two systems to be consistent with the measure distribution in m55-61.
- You might consider adding a grace note to the first note of the triplet on m22/56 RH beat 3.
- Any reason why m25-26/59-60 don't have grace notes on the last chord, but m27/61 do?
- You could add D#'s under the A#'s in m43 RH if you wanted, although it's also fine to keep it as only one voice for consistency.
- You might consider adding a glissando to m46 RH.
- Minor detail but the natural on the second triplet note on m49 RH beat 1.5 is really close to touching the first triplet note. The notes could be spaced a little bit more.

Those chimes in the background at 1:16 sound like Secret of the Forest from Chrono Trigger lol
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

Quote from: mastersuperfan on September 27, 2020, 04:15:21 PM- The tempo is closer to 143 BPM than to 144.
- There are a lot of places where the RH has a little neighbor ornament in the middle of a held note (e.g. m3). These would be cool to add, although they might also be a bit hard to notate cleanly.
- Beats 1-3.5 in m21/55 RH should be flipped downward.
- Any particular reason why the triplet on beat 3 is unbeamed in m20/54 RH?
- Dynamic marking in m21/55 is a little low.
- m21-27 should be condensed into two systems to be consistent with the measure distribution in m55-61.
- You might consider adding a grace note to the first note of the triplet on m22/56 RH beat 3.
- Any reason why m25-26/59-60 don't have grace notes on the last chord, but m27/61 do?
- You could add D#'s under the A#'s in m43 RH if you wanted, although it's also fine to keep it as only one voice for consistency.
- You might consider adding a glissando to m46 RH.
- Minor detail but the natural on the second triplet note on m49 RH beat 1.5 is really close to touching the first triplet note. The notes could be spaced a little bit more.
- Fixed
- That sounded more like a pitch bend in the guitar part to me rather than a rearticulation, so I didn't include it (same for other spots too).
- Fixed
- To show the separation of the phrases; usually I don't like to do this but the bracket around the triplet keeps the rhythm clear.
- Fixed
- I don't want to do that, because then the system distribution on pages 2-5 will be uneven. I don't like to have unnecessary extra blank space when there doesn't need to be. Instead, I made the overall measure distribution more even.
- Considered
- I forgot to put them in those spots; fixed. Also changed the Cn grace note in m27/61 to a C#.
- I only included the solo line in that spot because I indicated specifically that it was meant to be a solo line, in this case imitating an instrument. The whole solo line can be substituted for anything else anyway, it's all improv there.
- Same reason as above, I just want to have the solo line there, with no extra parts to get in the way except for the LH accompaniment.
- Fixed

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Zeta