[DELETED] [NDS] Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version - "Oreburgh Gate" by Onionleaf

Started by Zeta, August 09, 2020, 02:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Oreburgh Gate
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Onionleaf

Onionleaf

Hey Updaters, I remember getting feedback from a number of NSMers for this sheet but may have missed some review points. If I missed any posts, feel free to send me the link and I'll get onto making those changes. Thanks!

Khunjund

The notes seem accurate, but I have a few reluctances regarding the notation. I'm not sure three sharps is the correct key signature for this because some of the double sharps look awkward to me, but despite all my pondering, I can't seem to find one which unconditionally fits the best (one sharp, three sharps, five sharps, writing everything in flats, etc.). The harmony is practically octatonic, with the chord in measure 17 having the only deviation, so maybe the best course of action is just to use no key signature.

Aside from that, if you don't want to have 8va lines over long stretches (which is absolutely possible, mind you—I have sheets from professional editors with 8va spanning pages, broken and reapplied every phrase), I recommend you use either all English: "play RH an octave higher" or all Italian MD (mano destra) all'ottava; seeing a mix of both looks a bit off to me. In either case, you should use the term loco to cancel it in measure 34, instead of senza 8va.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Latios212

I've tried reaching out to Onionleaf recently but no dice :'( hoping to see you back one day!

I'll shelf this one for later in the meantime.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle