News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[A7800] Galaga - "Game Start" by Jacopo Tore

Started by Zeta, August 09, 2020, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Galaga
Console: Atari 7800
Title: Game Start
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jacopo Tore

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Looks like now that we've got the Atari 7800 version of Galaga on our games list, we'll need to have someone (a code monkey, maybe?) rename it to Galaga (Atari 7800) to prevent confusion with my "Music from Galaga" sheet made for the original.

And Jacopo, could you please change the title of your sheet to "Game Start"? It'd be more proper to keep names between arrangements consistent.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 09, 2020, 05:10:40 PMLooks like now that we've got the Atari 7800 version of Galaga on our games list, we'll need to have someone (a code monkey, maybe?) rename it to Galaga (Atari 7800) to prevent confusion with my "Music from Galaga" sheet made for the original.

And Jacopo, could you please change the title of your sheet to "Game Start"? It'd be more proper to keep names between arrangements consistent.
Honestly, why not just include the whole OST in one sheet like you're doing Levi; I doubt the 7800 has substantially more music than the arcade version, though I might be wrong...

Also, eventually we might have a way to just show the system name next to the game name, which would solve these kinds of problems (Wario's Woods is the same way right now).

Latios212

Regarding the game console/title:

Levi - thanks for pointing that out. Static - you're right, it would be a lot easier to do that for users on the main site instead of writing out the consoles specifically for some ambiguous games. I'll try and take a look to see if we can implement that; if we haven't by next update poke me and I'll update the game title.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on August 09, 2020, 05:17:00 PMI'll try and take a look to see if we can implement that; if we haven't by next update poke me and I'll update the game title.

Ooh, I've always pictured how this could end up looking:

Example
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

JacopoTore

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 09, 2020, 05:10:40 PMLooks like now that we've got the Atari 7800 version of Galaga on our games list, we'll need to have someone (a code monkey, maybe?) rename it to Galaga (Atari 7800) to prevent confusion with my "Music from Galaga" sheet made for the original.

Did it

Latios212

Sorry for the wait. Hate to keep asking, but can you provide a timestamp for when this plays in the video? I see what you write plays around 0:16 but the lower voice cuts out in m. 4 presumably due to the sound effects. Sounds nitpicky, but need a source for the whole duration to verify those last few notes.

Also, no need for a double barline between m. 2-3. This piece is super short and although there's a noticeable shirt in tone there double barlines don't really add much here in my opinion.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Quote from: Latios212 on September 10, 2020, 05:05:25 PMSorry for the wait. Hate to keep asking, but can you provide a timestamp for when this plays in the video? I see what you write plays around 0:16 but the lower voice cuts out in m. 4 presumably due to the sound effects. Sounds nitpicky, but need a source for the whole duration to verify those last few notes.

Also, no need for a double barline between m. 2-3. This piece is super short and although there's a noticeable shirt in tone there double barlines don't really add much here in my opinion.
regarding the double barlines there was an error because I used an old file to modify and I haven't noticed.
There are other things to change?

Latios212

Cool, thanks for the trimmed clip. Notes look good.

Quote from: JacopoTore on September 11, 2020, 05:59:30 AMregarding the double barlines there was an error because I used an old file to modify and I haven't noticed.
There are other things to change?
Nope, that's it. I made the tiny change and reuploaded files for you. Approving :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JacopoTore

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot