Game: Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Main Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Kricketune54

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kricketune54

Kricketune54

So I have a couple things to note about this arrangement and the state that it is in. 

I worked from MuseScore into Finale NotePad, and during the file transfer, I lost tremolos that were on m7-m8 beat one RH.  Additionally, I had a RH clef switch from m12-13.

I have attached my MuseScore version of the file as reference as to my true intentions in both of those places; do note though that beyond the aforementioned points that the .mscz file is outdated so don't really use that as a basis for submission review.

Additionally, the measures are really bunched on page 2 so much that they are in the header title.  Some of the crescendos and decrescendos are also a bit messy, so I'd really appreciate someone with real Finale to fix that up!

Maelstrom

We can do formatting stuff last, let's get notes and other stuff first.
But, before I forget, the margins are kinda funky and will need to be fixed.
FIrst of all, there's no need for a forward repeat in m1. That's already implied.
Abs should all be G#s
You can't crescendo a held note... Either remove those markings or try a tremolo instead.

I am very mixed with the intro section. The strong melody line feels sandwiched between lines and doesn't have room to be as powerful as it needs to me. This is up to you whether you do anything or not, but I can see this working better and being easier to play:

Completely up to you tho.

-m6 might change if hte intro is changed, but right now it looks really obtuse. It'd be better to write it as a single layer with no ties at all. Beats 1-2 are layer 1, beat 3 is layer 2 (just a quarter note) and beat 3 is layer 1 again.
-Consider writing m9 LH like this:

-m11-14 - The notes you have are sound, but I think you may be focusing on the wrong ones. This section has an incredible amount of punch in the original and that's completely gone here. Here's what I'd recommend:
Ditch layer 1 altogether
Have the RH just play layer 2 of the RH, but filled out with more notes
Have the LH play the lowest notes, possibly as a tremolo.
Might look something like this:

Again, up to you. If you need more guidance, just ask.

Kricketune54

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 05, 2020, 02:47:44 PMI am very mixed with the intro section. The strong melody line feels sandwiched between lines and doesn't have room to be as powerful as it needs to me. This is up to you whether you do anything or not, but I can see this working better and being easier to play:

I like the way it is currently with the LH bass part, but I'm going to try messing with it.  I don't like how the higher RH sounds currently.

Kricketune54

Changes have been submitted.  I went beyond some of the recommendations you had laid out and tried to play around with the tremolos in the big sections.  Measure 9 wrote it a different way, I personally didn't hear the part you had recommended but decided to emulate the horn coming in on an offbeat.  Took out all the flute runs so they weren't sticking out; seems like that would work better if this was a two piano arrangement.

If you have any recommendations about using pedals, I'd definitely look into them, though I don't know how I'd go about adding them with Notepad.  I am thinking this piece could sound a little fuller and was wondering if that might help; more than willing to go back to the drawing board on this one!

Kricketune54

I was not aware, but I now understand with the recent console next to title update that multiple is an option.  Since Bounty Hunter came out on the PS2 and later the PS3 and PS4, this submission should read multiple for the console. 

Is there a way to fix this myself?

Libera

MUL is only used for multi-console release games.  A game being released later on a different console does not change it's console designation on NSM.

Kricketune54

Quote from: Libera on October 04, 2020, 02:20:13 PMMUL is only used for multi-console release games.  A game being released later on a different console does not change it's console designation on NSM.

Sorry for not being clear: this is from Wikipedia:

Release   PlayStation 2

NA: November 19, 2002
    PAL: December 6, 2002

GameCube

NA: December 7, 2002
    PAL: February 7, 2003

Would this then make it a PS2 original release?

Libera

Sorry for not responding earlier, for some reason I thought I had...

Yes because the PS2 and Gamecube releases are so close together, it'd be better for this to be tagged as MUL.  I misread and thought you were talking about the later rereleases on PS3 and PS4.  We can fix the console information for you.

Latios212

Changed the console to [MUL]!

One other question, should the game title have a colon in it? If so, I'll fix that too.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

Quote from: Latios212 on October 08, 2020, 10:08:33 AMChanged the console to [MUL]!

One other question, should the game title have a colon in it? If so, I'll fix that too.

Yeah I guess it should my mistake for missing that!

Kricketune54

I just added the colon to the .mus and pdf now only the game title needs to be changed on NSM

Latios212

Quote from: Kricketune54 on October 08, 2020, 07:00:42 PMI just added the colon to the .mus and pdf now only the game title needs to be changed on NSM
I did the thing
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I'll be making these minor changes as I go along since you don't have full finale.
-Put more space between the staves in systems 2 and 3.
-Re-distributed 2nd layer rests in the same part and m13
-Uninverted the RH chords in m7 and 8
-Added measures numbers
-redistributed measures
-Merged text with tempo marking to create a single object
-Swapped layers in m12-m13
-Changed the last note of m15 from a 16th to an 8th (with staccato?)
-Redid dynamic/cresc. placements
-Added a G# to the LH chord in m12 for punch
-Updated margins
-Added title on 2nd page

With this, I'll stamp it with my seal of approval

My finished file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5b2k087zyuo9f4l/Star%20Wars%20Bounty%20Hunter%20-%20Main%20Theme.mus?dl=1