News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[DELETED] [Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii - "Title Theme" by LuigiAbuser

Started by Zeta, August 17, 2020, 11:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Title Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LuigiAbuser

mastersuperfan

Welcome to NinSheetMusic!

To start, this track should be notated in cut time with swing eighths and half note = 112 BPM. Those aren't dotted eighth - sixteenth patterns, but actually patterns involved swung eighths (dotted quarter + eighth in cut time).

Please keep playability in mind—some of these measures have chords that are way too large to be played as written. m4 is one such example, although it could be made playability by moving the lower RH notes into the LH instead. m7 is unplayable no matter what (as well as beat 1 of m8), since those LH chords are way too large.

The dynamics in this arrangement are also much more extreme than the original track warrants—ff, let alone fff, should be reserved only for passages where the music is incredibly strong and forceful. To me, m1-8 seems like a constant mf, while m9-16 seems like a constant mp. I'm also not sure where the very high G's at the very beginning are coming from; they don't seem to match anything from the original track.

I'll do a more thorough note-check once this is cleaned up and the time signature is changed to cut time with swing. If you need help changing the time signature or implementing swing, let me know, although don't worry too much about swing playback for the time being.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Archiving this one for inactivity - feel free to resubmit with the above feedback, and don't hesitate to reach out for help if you need it!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle