[MUL] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team - "Rescue

Started by Zeta, September 04, 2020, 07:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Game: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team & Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Rescue Team Base
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bespinben

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Latios212

I see you're going for a more legato feel for this one ^

A few pieces of feedback from me:
- I think m. 2/6 sound a bit odd without anything playing (particularly in the LH) on beat 3
- Any reason why the beat 3 chord in m. 9 isn't a rolled triad like the following few measures?
- I think I prefer the last chord in the RH lowered an octave, but your choice :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

Gimme dat
p e d a l  8)
  • Partly a playability omission, and partly a phrasing choice. The goal I have is for the player to not have to think of lines independently, and adding accompaniment on beat 3 of m.2/6 would interfere with that. The resulting sound of that omission is one I like, for the phrasing it creates in the melody.
  • In the m.9-13, I use rolls at the start of phrase markings, to give a subtle sense of separation; the beat 3 chord in m.9 isn't a triad because I didn't want to overemphasize the major 7th of the chord (the note B).
  • The octave change in m.16 helps to differentiate the chord roll as being not part of the phrase of m.14-15. The sudden "p" dynamic also helps to make this phrasal break more apparent.

Latios212

Sure thing, thanks for the explanations! Approving as I don't really have anything else :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

yuh this looks good chief

But if I may direct your attention to the tiniest of details:

The rolled chord marking in m8 extends significantly further below the bottom notehead than do all the other rolled chord markings.

Unless that was intentional, which may very well be the case.

That is all.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Bespinben

Eyyy I'm all about tiny details, we vibin 8)

I wasn't thinking too hard about it in comparison to other rolls (but I see what you mean when comparing m.8 to m.16); I think I just preferred as it is currently than the shorter one below because I feel it doesn't "encompass" the chord as well (probably due to the natural sign pushing back the roll). That said, I've kinda warmed up to the way this looks while writing this LOL xD

You cannot view this attachment.

I could go either way, what do you prefer visually?

mastersuperfan

Hmm. Yeah, looking again, I understand the visual appeal of the longer one too, so I'm not sure. I typically tend to prioritize consistency, but this is also the only rolled chord in the arrangement with an accidental between the rolled chord symbol and stem, so it's a different case anyway.

I'm not going to be any less indecisive on this than you, so uh, go with your own judgment.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Bespinben

mastersuperfan

Zeta