Game: Ikaruga
Console: Arcade
Title: Ideal
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Renaud Bergeron

[attachment deleted by admin]

Khunjund

Megaman: Polarity, anyone?

If you happen to know how to flip the part of the tie which crosses over into the next measure, please tell me (e.g. measure 17).
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Latios212

Quote from: Khunjund on October 28, 2020, 03:37:13 PMIf you happen to know how to flip the part of the tie which crosses over into the next measure, please tell me (e.g. measure 17).
Under the Special Tools menu, there's a Tie Tool. Using that, you can click on the measure and right click the specific tie, click Edit, and change the tie direction.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Khunjund

Thanks. I don't know why Finale doesn't flip it by default when you flip the main tie.

Maelstrom

on the final page the cross staff notation made the notes a bit unclear - I'd recommend showing a courtesy accidental at least once in the RH staff for the G#

-I hear a 2nd layer note in m5 b2.5. Sounds like a G
-I don't hear a tie in m32 b2.5-3. Also, what's going on with the spacing here? The 8th is lining up with the triplets.
-I don't believe the final page m66-73 is half as simple as you wrote it. I'd recommend taking a closer look at it.

These issues aside, it looks fantastic. Great work, forgot how much I loved this song.

Latios212

Just peeking in right now, a couple things I noticed:
- Beat 3 m. 12/64 isn't on the lower staff like in other measures - should it be? I think it also makes sense to put beat 3.25 E on the top staff too for these and 10/62 as well.
- The whole note in m. 60 is overlapping the stem a bit; might want to shift it over slightly
- Might want to flip RH beat 3-4 of m. 61 normally since there's nothing under it?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Khunjund

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 12, 2020, 04:45:11 PMI hear a 2nd layer note in m5 b2.5. Sounds like a G

That G is part of the countermelody that continues F>A, and I didn't want it interfering with the main melody.

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 12, 2020, 04:45:11 PMI don't believe the final page m66-73 is half as simple as you wrote it. I'd recommend taking a closer look at it.

Yes, I know. The sixteenth notes follow the same pattern as in measures 62–65, repeated twice. It's just that it's ever so slightly more difficult to play with only one hand... Or were you talking about the accented As which also continue as in measure 62? If there's something important you think I'm missing, I'd appreciate it if you told me clearly what it was, instead of saying "Take a closer look at it."

Quote from: Latios212 on November 12, 2020, 06:10:09 PMJust peeking in right now, a couple things I noticed:
Beat 3 m. 12/64 isn't on the lower staff like in other measures - should it be? I think it also makes sense to put beat 3.25 E on the top staff too for these and 10/62 as well.

The notes are divided between the staves how I split them between my right and left hands.

Everything else should be fixed.

Maelstrom

Huh, didn't realize it was just a simplified version of 62-65, which is what I was hearing for later parts. The redux for playability is perfectly fine here so I'm more than willing to give it my stamp of approval

Khunjund

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on November 12, 2020, 06:10:09 PM- Beat 3 m. 12/64 isn't on the lower staff like in other measures - should it be? I think it also makes sense to put beat 3.25 E on the top staff too for these and 10/62 as well.
Quote from: Khunjund on November 12, 2020, 08:41:32 PMThe notes are divided between the staves how I split them between my right and left hands.
Right, I just wanted to confirm that's what you intended since some of those notes I mentioned are already in easy reach of the other hand. Fine if you want to keep it.

Anyway, super solid and just one last question. What's the intention around the crescendo in m. 73? The previous section is already f starting in m. 36 and the following section in m. 74 is also f, so that seems potentially confusing.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Khunjund

Quote from: Latios212 on November 21, 2020, 12:21:47 PMWhat's the intention around the crescendo in m. 73? The previous section is already f starting in m. 36 and the following section in m. 74 is also f, so that seems potentially confusing.

The initial attack on measure 74 is supposed to be about ff (the culmination of the crescendo), but the rest of the measure is just f. Maybe I should add accents the E, G#, and A in the right hand to clarify further. If it had been a ff attack which dropped to p or something, I would have written both dynamics one after the other, but it doesn't seem super clear to have ff f right next to each other.

Trying to remember if I have a sheet with a similar situtation for comparison.

Latios212

Hmm, yeah, ff f would probably look a bit weird. I think the accents would work just fine.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Khunjund

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot