NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Author Topic: [PC] Symphonic Rain - "Rain Falling in my Heart" by Latios212  (Read 121 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
[PC] Symphonic Rain - "Rain Falling in my Heart" by Latios212
« on: September 29, 2020, 12:51:14 AM »

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Symphonic Rain
Console: PC
Title: Rain Falling in my Heart
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 12:49:18 AM by Latios212 »

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeee™
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: [PC] Symphonic Rain - "Rain in my Heart" by Latios212
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 12:52:46 AM »

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

• Sleepless College Student
  • Updater
  • Ordon Overture
  • boo
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [PC] Symphonic Rain - "Rain Falling in my Heart" by Latios212
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 05:40:42 AM »

- RH notes in m8 should occur earlier in the measure.
- Roll the octave at the end of m16/42/66 RH?
- For m12 and all similar measures, I don't think I hear a chord change during the measure (i.e. I would keep the F instead of moving it down to Eb).
- For m26 and m76 LH, it might look cleaner to have all the rests at the same height instead of having two rests at each height.
- I'm not sure if the second half of m26/76 really sounds like a seventh chord to me. If I listen super carefully I can maybe hear an F, but I dunno. You might consider changing the F on beat 3.5 to a G, which sounds better IMO.
- Dynamic in m27 is a bit low.
- Also include the cello notes in the LH at the end of m29, like in m27?
- I feel like there could be some way to optimize this so that you didn't have to write out the same section three times... Maybe something like a repeated section with three endings could get this to fit on three pages, but that might be a bit more confusing to follow. I guess it's also probably fine as is.

I think that's all I've got. Nice sheet.
there's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
The difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeee™
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 12:48:53 AM »

- RH notes in m8 should occur earlier in the measure.
oops lol

- Roll the octave at the end of m16/42/66 RH?
- For m26 and m76 LH, it might look cleaner to have all the rests at the same height instead of having two rests at each height.
- Dynamic in m27 is a bit low.
- Also include the cello notes in the LH at the end of m29, like in m27?
Yep, got these

- For m12 and all similar measures, I don't think I hear a chord change during the measure (i.e. I would keep the F instead of moving it down to Eb).
I had that written originally and then second-guessed myself a few times when playing through it since I thought the sound of the Csus chord below the Eb melody sounded a bit off. There's an Eb in the bass that begins the figure continued on beats 3.5-4.5, so my justification for resolving the F>Eb in the chord is that Eb in the bass raised up an octave.

- I'm not sure if the second half of m26/76 really sounds like a seventh chord to me. If I listen super carefully I can maybe hear an F, but I dunno. You might consider changing the F on beat 3.5 to a G, which sounds better IMO.
Sounds good to me!

- I feel like there could be some way to optimize this so that you didn't have to write out the same section three times... Maybe something like a repeated section with three endings could get this to fit on three pages, but that might be a bit more confusing to follow. I guess it's also probably fine as is.
Yeah, m. 9-24, 35-50, and 59-74 are almost the same - their ending measures are different, and the last iteration has a rit. in it towards the end. But the things that really throw a wrench in it are:
- m. 16 is different from m. 42 and 66
- m. 64 is different from m. 14 and 40
Both of these occur in different iterations the middle of the 16-bar phrase, so it'd be a bit nasty to try and pick those apart. Aside from that, the 1st/2nd/3rd endings would be 9 measures each, so it might get a but confusing to jump around. Lastly (I know you didn't ask for this much detail sorry lol) this is a track with a definitive end so I'm a bit more inclined to just write it all out. By the way, this "almost repeating but not exactly" seems to be a common occurrence across the OST, from what I've worked on so far :P

Files updated, thanks for checking! :D
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

• Sleepless College Student
  • Updater
  • Ordon Overture
  • boo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 01:09:49 AM »

nice, I approve
there's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
The difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Page created in 0.882 seconds with 38 queries.