Levi's Halloween Sheet - [NES] Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - "Riddle"

Started by LeviR.star, September 29, 2020, 04:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

[DROPBOX LINK TO SHEET]

Nothing too special here, folks; just an old sheet. I won't be arranging anything new until my Work-In-Progress folder is empty. So, in search of the most Halloween-y sheet already in my PA, I found this. Can't get much spookier than Castlevania, I always say.

There's not much to say about this one, other than something about the second-to-last measure being pretty hard to play. But I've done my best to write it out fairly, so there's what I've got for now. If there's any questions out there, don't be a f r a a a i i i d to ask!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

Looks pretty good to me!  I've just got a few small comments.

-The first note in the semiquaver run in bar 10 sounds like an Ab to me, rather than an F.
-The rhythm in the bass in bar 19 sounds different to me.  The second, third and fourth notes sound like they come in a semiquaver later (i.e. the second note comes in on beat 2 rather than beat 1.75).
-The 8vb in bar 19 would be better a little higher so that it's more confidently inside the bottom margin.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on October 03, 2020, 02:40:48 AMLooks pretty good to me!  I've just got a few small comments.

-The first note in the semiquaver run in bar 10 sounds like an Ab to me, rather than an F.
-The rhythm in the bass in bar 19 sounds different to me.  The second, third and fourth notes sound like they come in a semiquaver later (i.e. the second note comes in on beat 2 rather than beat 1.75).
-The 8vb in bar 19 would be better a little higher so that it's more confidently inside the bottom margin.

- you're right, note fixed
- you're also right here, my rhythm was slightly off. I've also simplified it in this new form so it's easier on the pinky
- can do

Thanks, file updated!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

Static

Awesome sheet here, glad to see some more Castlevania III.
  • Since this piece uses a lot of 16th note rhythms, I think it would be helpful to keep (mostly) everything beamed across 1 beat at a time. What I mean by this is writing m6/10 and 12 RH with tied 8th notes so that beat 2 is defined. Half notes on beat 2 and 4+ 8th notes in a row are fine as-is.
  • Since there isn't any kind of separate listing on site for the Famicom version of this game, you might want to consider including the additional harmonies in the RH melody (specifically m7-8 and 11-12) - maybe use small notes for that. Also that version has a repeat at m12, you might want to include an optional repeat there as well.
  • The 8va at the end is slightly outside the page margins.
That's all I got.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on October 12, 2020, 10:32:19 AM
  • Since this piece uses a lot of 16th note rhythms, I think it would be helpful to keep (mostly) everything beamed across 1 beat at a time. What I mean by this is writing m6/10 and 12 RH with tied 8th notes so that beat 2 is defined. Half notes on beat 2 and 4+ 8th notes in a row are fine as-is.
  • Since there isn't any kind of separate listing on site for the Famicom version of this game, you might want to consider including the additional harmonies in the RH melody (specifically m7-8 and 11-12) - maybe use small notes for that. Also that version has a repeat at m12, you might want to include an optional repeat there as well.
  • The 8va at the end is slightly outside the page margins.

- personally I thought these rhythms were already easy enough to read, but if you say so, I can change them. Did you want m. 12 written like that?
- I get what you're saying, but seeing as we've already got two sheets made under the 2A03 soundtrack, I think I'd rather start a new section for the VRC6 version if I felt inclined to arrange from it. Localization rules like these should probably be addressed in the rules; this game and others like Sonic the Hedgehog CD could benefit from separate listings
- I already moved that 8vb, but sure, I can move it up a little further

Files are fixed, thank you, Static.

Static

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 17, 2020, 10:16:25 AM- personally I thought these rhythms were already easy enough to read, but if you say so, I can change them. Did you want m. 12 written like that?
- I get what you're saying, but seeing as we've already got two sheets made under the 2A03 soundtrack, I think I'd rather start a new section for the VRC6 version if I felt inclined to arrange from it. Localization rules like these should probably be addressed in the rules; this game and others like Sonic the Hedgehog CD could benefit from separate listings
- I already moved that 8vb, but sure, I can move it up a little further
- Yep, m12 looks good. The rhythms were fine to read before, but I just think it looks nicer when the RH and LH beaming matches up. Just a personal preference I guess, so if you really prefer it the other way that's fine too.
- Fair enough. I just brought it up because both of the separate OSTs are very similar, it's just that the VRC6 has a few added notes. I don't know if that's really worthy of having a completely separate sheet for, but that's just me. This case reminded me specifically of Bespinben's Mario 3 Athletic sheet. Of course, we can also edit the other two CV3 sheets later.

I'll accept now.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on October 17, 2020, 12:15:29 PM- Fair enough. I just brought it up because both of the separate OSTs are very similar, it's just that the VRC6 has a few added notes. I don't know if that's really worthy of having a completely separate sheet for, but that's just me. This case reminded me specifically of Bespinben's Mario 3 Athletic sheet. Of course, we can also edit the other two CV3 sheets later.

I gotcha! If we can go back and fix the other two sheets, that's something I'd be willing to do over break, which starts for me in about a month.