News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Nine Lives' Halloween Sheet | "Fear the Forest" from Earthworm Jim 3D

Started by NineLives, September 29, 2020, 04:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Actually, libera misspoke. We both talked and I now hear the chord on m34. I initially didn't because it's much quieter than the chords on the surrounding beats, but it's there now and fine to include.

Libera

Quote from: NineLives on October 24, 2020, 11:16:25 AMWhat we were discussing was whether measure 34 had a chord on beat 3. I hear the chord, but Maelstrom does not. That's what the double check was for. We agree on 36.

Yes sorry I said the wrong thing.  I agreed with you about the chord in bar 34.

Quote from: NineLives on October 24, 2020, 11:16:25 AMI took this into account, and I've switched up the chords a bit. Tell me what you think.

Since Maelstrom was the one who has actually checked this (I only looked at those two particular thing), I'll leave the approving/checking that section to them, but it certainly looks more like I was imagining now and you've addressed my issues.

Maelstrom

One last thing: the F on b4 of m30 is an octave lower than it should be, and I don't think it's staccato, since it's b1-2, but the 2nd 2 notes are reversed.
 Also, I think the beaming there is a bit off, might want to fix that

NineLives

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 27, 2020, 11:23:54 AMOne last thing: the F on b4 of m30 is an octave lower than it should be, and I don't think it's staccato, since it's b1-2, but the 2nd 2 notes are reversed.
I believe you meant measure 40, so I applied the changes there, beaming and all above. Got it updated!

Maelstrom

I strongly believe that 8ths shouldn't be beamed in groups of 3s because they can be easily mistaken for triplets at a glance. The first half of the measure was fine, but the 2nd half had beats 3.5 and 4 beamed together and 4.5 by itself, which was the real problem I was talking about.

edit: and yes that was m40 my bad

NineLives

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 27, 2020, 12:39:40 PMI strongly believe that 8ths shouldn't be beamed in groups of 3s because they can be easily mistaken for triplets at a glance. The first half of the measure was fine, but the 2nd half had beats 3.5 and 4 beamed together and 4.5 by itself, which was the real problem I was talking about.
Gotcha. Should be good now.

Maelstrom