Series: Other
Game: Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Ghoul Town
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Atcero

[attachment deleted by admin]

Atcero

Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

I'm hearing the entire sheet shifted by an eighth note. That is to say, an eighth note pickup, and the beginning of every measure starting on beat 1.5 of each measure you have currently written now.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Atcero

Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Overall, solid work! Main thing is check your note durations more carefully. Some notes don't extend as much as you've written them. For example, m. 1 beat 3 in the left hand should have a rest instead of a tied-over A. Much of the left hand part has similar issues, with no rests anywhere. Listen to how long the notes in the original extend for.

Also: the distribution of voices could be adjusted a bit:
- I'd suggest moving the G# in m. 6 up an octave to write in the right hand to keep the voice in the right hand (you don't have to, though)
- The middle voice in m. 10 would be more naturally written in the RH as well.

Other small stuff:
- Quarter note in m. 1 beat 4 LH
- The D in the RH should be tied over between m. 3-4.
- m. 4 beat 2.5 LH should be a G#, not A.
- m. 4 RH beat 3 should be a half note instead of dotted quarter + rest.
- m. 8 RH is missing an E as the final eighth note.
- In m. 8, everything in the LH should be shifted left an eighth and the first note should be B instead of C.
- Lower layer RH notes in m. 9 should be C, A, G#, B
- I'd suggest writing the last measure RH in two separate layers since they're playing at different rhythms.
- Last measure, beat 2.5 LH should be D instead of B.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

Updated! I did not fully split the last measure for the RH melodies as they join up in the middle of the measure if that is ok.

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Sure, that's fine!

I went ahead and fixed some miscellaneous formatting stuff for you, see file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6oysvzvsvzjttf/Ghoul%20Town.mus?dl=1

Aside from measure numbers and distribution, I tidied up a few things:
- Moved the E to the lower layer at the end of m. 8
- Changed beat 4 in m. 8 to a quarter
- Cleaned up layers in m. 10

...and maybe another thing or two I forgot. If this looks good to you, feel free to use the files and then I think I'm done with this sheet :P

also on your current sheet:

You cannot view this attachment.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

Those will be updated in a minute, thank you! Also didn't even notice that, too bad my typo wasnt the Demon Dankness

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Just a couple of points from me:

-I think you've muddled up the voices in the second half of bar 8.  I think the top voice is that one that has the C and E on beat 4.
-The top notes in bar 11 should be E A C G#.

Atcero

I rechecked bar 8 and I have those correct according to how they composed and split the voices. I updated bar 11 though so now the sheet is up to date.

Spoiler
[close]

Libera

Quote from: Atcero on October 31, 2020, 01:12:58 PMI rechecked bar 8 and I have those correct according to how they composed and split the voices.

I did not believe it until I split a stereo audio file I found.  Those two voices really do sound the same when they're in the same range.

But yeah, long story short: accepted.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot