News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

[Wii] Xenoblade Chronicles - "Eryth Sea" by Libera

Started by Zeta, October 16, 2020, 08:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Xeno
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Eryth Sea
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Latios212

- Small suggestion: the chords in m. 5-6 (and 8 I guess) feel relatively light given the thicker lower seventh chords that precede them. Maybe throw in the lower octave for these?
- There are a few notes in another layer (Cb-Eb in m. 5 beats 3-4 and Bb in m. 6 beat 3) that might be nice to write out as part of the LH, up to you
- Last note of m. 12 LH sounds like a Db in the original (though it does sound better as a Bb so it's not just all Db's...)
- m. 13 LH beat 3.5 should be Eb
- m. 15 beat 4 LH sounds like Eb (higher)
- I don't think m. 25 beat 4.5 plays anything
- m. 33-34 should have a rit, the timing is a bit loose here. (Side note, my first impression hearing this I would write this as two 3/4 measures with the same quarter-half rhythm. But I think what you have works too)
- Harmony Cb in m. 39 to match the pattern of dyads around it?

Great sheet, I'll definitely be playing this one :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on October 17, 2020, 08:27:15 AM- Small suggestion: the chords in m. 5-6 (and 8 I guess) feel relatively light given the thicker lower seventh chords that precede them. Maybe throw in the lower octave for these?
- There are a few notes in another layer (Cb-Eb in m. 5 beats 3-4 and Bb in m. 6 beat 3) that might be nice to write out as part of the LH, up to you

I'm not sure it's necessary to add in the extra octave and especially since I've added in the extra part that you suggested I think those sections are less light now anyway.  Good idea to add that part in though!

Quote from: Latios212 on October 17, 2020, 08:27:15 AM- Last note of m. 12 LH sounds like a Db in the original (though it does sound better as a Bb so it's not just all Db's...)
- m. 13 LH beat 3.5 should be Eb
- m. 15 beat 4 LH sounds like Eb (higher)
- I don't think m. 25 beat 4.5 plays anything

All of these I still hear what I wrote, although the notes you've mentioned are there also so I've added them in as well.  I also spotted an extra F at the end of bar 12 whilst I was looking so I added that too.  (The Gb at the end of 25 is quite quiet.)

Quote from: Latios212 on October 17, 2020, 08:27:15 AM- m. 33-34 should have a rit, the timing is a bit loose here. (Side note, my first impression hearing this I would write this as two 3/4 measures with the same quarter-half rhythm. But I think what you have works too)

I guess I thought of this more as a hemiola before the time signature change comes in fully at bar 35, but I can see why you'd write it out as two extra 3/4 bars.  I've kept it as-is at the moment but added in the rit and a fermata on the final chord, but let me know if you feel super strongly about it and I can have another think.

Quote from: Latios212 on October 17, 2020, 08:27:15 AM- Harmony Cb in m. 39 to match the pattern of dyads around it?

I don't really hear a Cb at all in bar 39 so I'd prefer not to.

Thanks for checking!  And let me know if you do have a go at it.

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on October 17, 2020, 09:48:30 AMI guess I thought of this more as a hemiola before the time signature change comes in fully at bar 35, but I can see why you'd write it out as two extra 3/4 bars.  I've kept it as-is at the moment but added in the rit and a fermata on the final chord, but let me know if you feel super strongly about it and I can have another think.
Nah, that's how I'd write it but I think what you have is perfectly valid too, so fine by me :)

Nothing else to add, looks good! Thanks for the quick turnaround.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Some brief stuff, all in the LH
-m9 b4 - I hear an Ab here instead of the Cb
-m19 - It's faint, but I hear a Cb on b4 instead of the Gb

And that's it. Fantastic job with this. I actually want to print this out and play it but unfortunately don't own a printer yet...

Libera

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 24, 2020, 11:48:34 AM-m9 b4 - I hear an Ab here instead of the Cb

You're hearing the lower string part here rather than the piano I think.

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 24, 2020, 11:48:34 AM-m19 - It's faint, but I hear a Cb on b4 instead of the Gb

Yeah it is quiet but I think you're right.  And it makes a nicer phrase than the repeated Gb so I'll go with that.

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 24, 2020, 11:48:34 AMAnd that's it. Fantastic job with this. I actually want to print this out and play it but unfortunately don't own a printer yet...

Thanks!  And thanks for checking too!  That's a shame that you can't print out the sheet but hopefully you get a printer soon...

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot